OBS & YouTube

JubileeCC

Appologies if this is the wrong section...

Been streaming from OBS to YouTube Live regularly for about a year. Recently, I've been having to create a new Stream Key every time I go live.
I've even checked the Stream Key. It stays the same in OBS settings. It matches what YouTube Studio shows. But I click the "Start Streaming" button in OBS, and it says it goes live (no error, there's internet traffic) but the stream does not show up.
I generate a new Stream Key in YouTube and try again, and it works immediately.
Has something changed recently? In either OBS or YouTube?

Mango

YouTube has recently decommissioned their old Live Dashboard. The new Live Control Room causes the issues you describe.

You can keep using your existing stream key if you wish. However, now you have to schedule a broadcast and enable Auto Start and Auto Stop. OR you can have the Live Control Room open in a browser. (It doesn't need to be doing anything, just be open.)

JubileeCC

Awesome. Thank you so much!
That totally makes sense.
I had seen notifications about the old dashboard going away, but I was having difficulty finding any documentation on what that meant.

betawolfpup

YouTube has recently decommissioned their old Live Dashboard. The new Live Control Room causes the issues you describe.

You can keep using your existing stream key if you wish. However, now you have to schedule a broadcast and enable Auto Start and Auto Stop. OR you can have the Live Control Room open in a browser. (It doesn't need to be doing anything, just be open.)
Can you please elaborate on this? I am setting up a stream for the first time using OBS and have been trying to figure out how to get it working consistently. You're saying that every time I want to stream I have to have the live control room open in a browser, or that I have to schedule a broadcast and enable Auto Start and Auto Stop? How did you know this and why does it have to be done that way? I'm so confused why it has to be such an involved process instead of it just pressing 'Start Streaming' and 'Stop Streaming' in OBS.