Question / Help OBS won't work correctly no matter what I try.

GeekOGames

So, I'm very new to all of this so forgive me if I end up sounding stupid, I really have no clue what to do and anything I've learned was from YouTube or from these forums.

I'm trying to start a YoutTube channel and I want to try and make my videos the best quality possible, which means attempting to get 60fps or at least within 2-3 frames of that. I believe my computer specs are good enough to handle this, I'll list them below.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700, 8-core, 3.2 GHz
RAM: 16 GBs
GPU: AMD 590, 8 GBs
(If anything else is needed, let me know; the log file is also below)

Every time I record, I make sure OBS is running with admin, using game capture and not display, not running any other scenes, I have few to no other apps running (other than the game itself, obviously), no game overlays are on, OBS should be at high priority, and I believe I've set the bitrate to 100,000. Although I do this, the recording stays at around 15-20fps, and the CPU usage is always under 15%. From my little knowledge, what I can deduct is that it won't use my CPU power properly and so then it only will record low fps. I've recorded with less complex games (i.e. Terraria or Minecraft) and it runs at a solid 40-60fps but I want to move on to some multiplayer games such as Battlefront II or Star Wars: The Old Republic (I'm a Star Wars nerd), but with my current condition, those will not work.

This has been an on-going struggle for several days now, so any help is most appreciated, let me know if any other information is needed.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-02-04 22-10-54.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 37

GeekOGames

Thanks to everyone who helps, please use lamens terms for everything you say because I'm not very experienced with any of this.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You're using the AMF encoder, not CPU encoding. For high quality recordings, use simple output mode and one of the presets.

GeekOGames

I switched to simple output mode and used the presets available but nothing has changed. I have post-change log file attached, and if I did anything wrong let me know.

Attachments

• 2020-02-05 12-33-24.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 34

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Make sure to choose "Software" as your encoder if you want to use the CPU, that log is still using AMF.

GeekOGames

Changed it to software and the CPU usage went up to about 15% and framerate sat around 20-25fps, still feels like it doesn't get enough power to it. Yet again, another log file, sorry if I'm being a nuisance by the way

Attachments

• 2020-02-05 12-45-55.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 27