Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

nightschao

View attachment 59444
anyone know why this happened?
already copying the file to the obs based on the folder, i dont use installer because its always force close.
after registering the 32&64bit, when i run the obs this notif appeared

Same issue here. I'm trying to do all this on the PORTABLE version of OBS because I don't have the ability to install executable files or change registry entries. Tried overwriting files but the camera just won't appear even though I can finally get the tools to appear/semi-function.

Anyone have any clue how to get this worked into the portable version of OBS?

John_TNK

hello Good Sir, I have just Recently use this software and I was impressed in how intuitive everything was. now, I tried Installing the OBS VirtualCam v2.0.4 and It worked but the issue is it was flipped Horizontally and whenever I flip it manually to compensate it just Crashes. I hope this concern reaches you and maybe Im the only one having this issue. thank you

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-20 004952.jpg
    Annotation 2020-08-20 004952.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Annotation 2020-08-20 005250.jpg
    Annotation 2020-08-20 005250.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 274

Alexutzz

I enjoy using this plugin a lot and i was wondering if there is any way to pass it through to a virtual machine (the same way you can with an actual webcam). Thanks!

dafuerstman

Hi folks. I've been using OBS and VirtualCam with Teams for my lectures. I've had an issue with both Teams and Zoom where, during some meetings, the camera will freeze. OBS itself seems to be running fine, and people can still hear my audio. In order to get it back working I have to close Teams/Zoom, and OBS, and restart them both (and sometimes restart the machine). Not sure how to troubleshoot this, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. OBS makes teaching online a lot smoother when it works properly, so I'd really like to keep using it.

GeeMack

... but the issue is it was flipped Horizontally and whenever I flip it manually to compensate it just Crashes.

Don't use the horizontal flip in the virtual-cam settings. It is buggy and prone to crashing the program. If you need to flip the display, right-click the scene or source and look for the horizontal or vertical flip in the "Transform" dialog.

Was very excited to use VirtualCam but it does not display in the drop-down menu of Tools. Tried multiple uninstalls and re-installs. Using 32-bit version on Windows 10. Is there an update on known issues?

Cheers from Australia!

Open

Would it be possible to override or change the default image if Virtual cam is not running?
Thanks in advance, great plugin.

Reactions: CYM

CYM

Would it be possible to override or change the default image if Virtual cam is not running?
Thanks in advance, great plugin.
Hello to all ;-) Yes I agree it should be a great idea, so the meeting attendants see something personal while we're trying to solve technical issues, or prepare the scenes.
Thanks for this great plugin and great software !

Klaus Becker

On macOS Mojave (10.14.06) the virtual cam appears but scrambled in Big Blue Button Webinar Server. Even the start picture is scrambled.
Everything works fine in MS Teams.
Skype doesn't offer the OBS virtual cam at all.

any Ideas?

Klaus

shaharyar

Hey sorry for bothering but I'm using OBS VC, just fine on other apps, but some of the apps that I want to use this specifically for shows an error saying can't use OBS VC please Uninstall it and refresh,

so what could be a fix for this? please respond

teknojo

Looks like Facebook Messenger om Chrome or Edge will give you a hardware error when trying to access ANY webcam if OBS is running a virtual cam. Even though the permissions are set up correctly to allow FB messenger to access the camera, it still gives the hardware error.
Meanwhile the OBS Camera virtual cam is recognized easily by other online chat platforms like Google Meet, Duo, etc. It works fine on Zoom as well.

FB Messenger video chat doesn't work at all with IE, so I couldn't do it there. I tried Firefox, and it DOES work... but only when doing one-on-one video calls. Firefox doesn't support group video chat on FB Messenger and fails, advising you to install Chrome, which we already know doesn't work.

I tried to use Skype, but it appears that virtual cam is using a protocol not recognized by the Windows 10 iterations fo Skype?

If anyone knows a work-around for the FB Messenger/ Google Chrome situation, or Skype compatibility, please let me know.

Thanks

WoozleEffect, did you ever figure this out?

davidz01

anyone know how to use virtualcam as input in snap camera?
because, obs-virtualcam output is not detected at all in the snap cam.

nalex2001

hi guys i need some help is it posible to make obs virtual camera work with ome.tv because is the only one that dont work.
the problem that i have is that i have select the right webcam for google and i have given acces to all of the devices but ome.tv still says that i have denied acces to my equipment but when im connecting a webcam its like nothing happened

iHutchy

Can anyone please help me I am trying to use virtual camera but i have grey bars I would like to make cam box on omegle fullscreen if anyone can help be much appreciated thank you

OBS_FTW

Can anyone please help me I am trying to use virtual camera but i have grey bars I would like to make cam box on omegle fullscreen if anyone can help be much appreciated thank you
Unfortunately that's a long standing/known but unresolved problem (see sidemode's post in the link, below):

The solution/workaround people give is to change/set the Canvas base resolution so that it matches the wanted aspect ratio, but afaik this hasn't helped someone, since the only responses i see are that it didn't help them resolving the problem =/

Last edited: