Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

Bassquake

Using VirtualCam seems to always output as 1920x1080. Doesnt seem to matter what I use in Settings > Video.

I followed this to no avail:

If you open OBS and Start Virtual Output before using your 3rd party software, the virtual webcam will set the obs setting as a default setting .Otherwise the default setting of virtual webcam will be 1920x1080 @ 30fps

Using OBS 25.0.8 64 bit with Windows 10 1903.

jpegjake

I am simply not getting windows or any applications to recognize there is a webcam device. The DLL's are registered and I have not gotten any error messages enabling the tool from OBS. One thing I did notice that initially I choose to install only one cam, but 4 appeared in the list regardless. I have reinstalled OBS and the VirtualCam plugin now. I noticed in a few replies from the dev asking for logs but I don't know where that would be stored.

jpegjake

I am simply not getting windows or any applications to recognize there is a webcam device. The DLL's are registered and I have not gotten any error messages enabling the tool from OBS. One thing I did notice that initially I choose to install only one cam, but 4 appeared in the list regardless. I have reinstalled OBS and the VirtualCam plugin now. I noticed in a few replies from the dev asking for logs but I don't know where that would be stored.
Ok so after realizingthat ManyCam detect the OBS Virtual Cam(s). I am not sure when it was fixed, I was using the windows camera list as the test , which still does not show the OBS Virtual Cam. I am Not sure that installing ManyCam wasn't the fix I needed...

WRipley

Hi,
installed 2.04 on the latest OBS Studio (64bit) but under tools there is no Virtual Cam. Installed 4 Virtual devices. Help needed.
Thanks & take care
Walter

cheemalakonda

Can you please share portable version of Virtual Cam plugin? I am using OBS portable version and I am in need of one that I will be able to use with out admin rights for installation.

Zzaaiinn

From where can i download the Virtual cam Plugin ( for MAC )

The presently available seems only for windows. Please suggest

joylessdave

ok im getting a wierd effect. virtual cam doesnt display in chrome or edge at all which seems common

so in firefox i have it working both as cam for facebook messenger and https://onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/

using useragent switcher to make firefox appear as edge for use with microsoft teams webapp when i try to start a video call the camera isnt listed even if its working on facebook and the webcam test site, even when user-agent switcher is active

fyi it works in the windows app just not the webapp but i have 2 organisations i need to log in as so i need to use the webapp for one of them

gcubed

I'm new to this. I installed OBS. Then installed NDI plugin which did not help to see OBS camera source in other apps like Microsoft Teams. Then installed OBS Virtual Cam Master Plugin. Was extremely excited that I now could use OBS Cam in Microsoft Teams. However, my ultimate goal was to use my Sony Cam to do Power Point Slide Show Recordings. However, Microsoft Power Point still does not see OBS virtual Cam and doesn't give me that as an option. Is there a solution for this?

rstyles

I've updated to the latest version but was using the toggle for horizontal flip with the upgrade this is crashing OBS because this is stuck ON. Is there some way to remove this before launch? I have no way to remove the settings from the previous installed version. I've tried the normal uninstall, previous version etc... looking for how to make it revert to default?

rstyles

I was able to go to %AppData%\Roaming\obs-studio\Global.ini
and change the values here, now it doesn't auto start and HoriFlip and auto CRASH!
[VirtualOutput]
AutoStart=false
HoriFlip=false

KeepRatio=false
OutDelay=3

REDzero5

This morning, my MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Premium suddenly detected the installer for OBS Virtual Cam as malware. Scans in VirusTotal and Hybrid-Analysis are now also reporting the same. I scan everything through those before I install them, so this was not the case when I first downloaded this 2 months ago. I'm hoping the developer can provide some kind of explanation pretty quickly.

DjBBC

Although the virtualcam does not have a virtual microne, I can make the audio from the media source come out in the transmission, using the setting to just monitor the audio from each source and a jump cable from the headphone output to the simulated microphone input so, I can't send photos because it doesn't allow me to send here by the size of the photo taken by my cell phone. but with a single cable

Jen-X

I've updated to the latest version but was using the toggle for horizontal flip with the upgrade this is crashing OBS because this is stuck ON. Is there some way to remove this before launch? I have no way to remove the settings from the previous installed version. I've tried the normal uninstall, previous version etc... looking for how to make it revert to default?
I need to know this, too. I HAVE to have the horizontal flip, and obs 25 can't be uninstalled from my mac! (It doesn't show up in apps). Please help!!!

awww

1596066988797.png

anyone know why this happened?
already copying the file to the obs based on the folder, i dont use installer because its always force close.
after registering the 32&64bit, when i run the obs this notif appeared