Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

newton

Hi all,

I wonder why is there 4 OBS virtual cameras if OBS can only use one at a time?
I am guessing the others are used for switching to different scenes. If so, how do I use the remaining three virtual cameras?

Thanks a lot.

ceyhun242

Hello,

I installed both OBS studio and virtual cam to use my Samsung s7 as virtual camera through scrcpy but didn't know how to run it, virtual cam is not listed in the tools menu in OBS studio, could you walk me through how I can get it working?
Thank you

brianrozs5br

Hi! Newbie question: Wanting to install the plugin on 64-bit Win10 laptop. The installer asks where to install - do I use the installer default or should it go into the OBS folder?
Any help/advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Ruben018

Hi everyone I need help with virtual cam plugin.

I have installed the virtual cam 2.0.4 with latest obs 25.0.5 in windows 10 and also registered the dll through the cmd prompt as said . however my problem is with plugin in skype/zoom, for what what so ever reason they both do not recognize the obs virtual cam.

can anyone help me .

Primal_Puma

I seem to be having a similar issue to others, except my virtual cam isn't showing up anywhere. I am running Windows 10, OBC 25.0.4, Virtual Cam 2.0.4. I have OBC open, and Virtual Cam on, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my computer. Not in devices, not in camera settings in any of my browsers. I installed Virtual Cam using the installer, is there an extra step I missed? I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

TeacherChris

very useful plugin! thx!
anyway, can you support 90 degree rotate transform? as you already supported horizontal flip.
cause sometimes we want push stream with landscape view in to a mobile phone with a portrait view

also, there is a bug, if first time install with 4 virtual webcams installed, there is no way to remove them, even i reinstall and selected "only 1 webcam", there is still keep 4 webcams
This is a hugely important question HELP. having dabbled with obs (and doubtless i'll come back to it) for teaching on monday morning I need to switch cameras instantly and i have now found Zoom has that with control N but i cant do it anything like instantly while i still have all these virtual cameras in the way of toggling between the two real ones - it would mean a lot to me to be able to get rid of all the zoom virtual cameras on Windows 10 before monday morning.

jmbrasil

Hi all,

I am guessing the others are used for switching to different scenes. If so, how do I use the remaining three virtual cameras?

Thanks a lot.
Good question! I have the same doubt! :-D

WmDrescher

Hello,

I installed both OBS studio and virtual cam to use my Samsung s7 as virtual camera through scrcpy but didn't know how to run it, virtual cam is not listed in the tools menu in OBS studio, could you walk me through how I can get it working?
Thank you
b DI you find a solution? Same problem Have un and reinstalled all . still nada

ganderson

Has anyone gotten VirtualCam to show up in tools? Seems like a giant missed opportunity for OBS--where folks need to videoconference in Teams/Skype/Google/whatever? For what it's worth, ManyCam does this--no problem. It's a little/lot clunkier than OBS--but it works

FerretBomb

Hi all,
Thanks a lot.
You can add a VirtualCam filter to a source, not just the whole OBS output. I believe you can also add it as a filter on a Scene as well, if you want to send out a different one in the background.
So for example, you might set a VC output on your facecam, and a VC output on your gameplay capture source, and send both of those virtual cameras out to a separate recording program for later 'clean' editing. You might also send the facecam VC to a game that supports kill-cam mode, or over Skype/Discord/etc if you're co-streaming a game with someone, so they can include your face-cam in their video stream.
Personally, I use one to generate a video feedback effect for special situations, inside OBS itself.
TONS of uses.

Has anyone gotten VirtualCam to show up in tools? Seems like a giant missed opportunity for OBS--where folks need to videoconference in Teams/Skype/Google/whatever? For what it's worth, ManyCam does this--no problem. It's a little/lot clunkier than OBS--but it works
Yep, works fine here, no problem. Normally this happens when someone installs the virtualcam plugin to the wrong location.

SpkBrkEng_jp

"VirtualCam" didn't show up in "Tools" on "25.0.8", so I tried alternately launching and comparing it with "24.0.3", changing the language, and so on, and it suddenly showed up on "25.0.8". I'm not sure why.

lennoni

I'd quite like to turn off three of the virtual cameras, so I can switch cameras in other apps without losing video. Is there a way to do this?

megajeff77

Hello,

Whenever I stop virtual cam and try and restart it, I get the "failed to start output message". the only way I can get rid of this is to uninstall and reinstall it, which is really annoying. Anyone else had this or knows a fix?

cokebot9000

Installed the virtual cam plugin on my windows 10 box; was able to go into tools and start the singular camera. But when I go to other third party apps (zoom, teams, skype for business) that let you pick a camera, the OBS camera source is not listed. Tried uninstalling everything and installing the 32-bit version of OBS Studio, no changes. Any suggestions on how to better diagnose the issue? I checked the logs, which mention the IOS camera app plugin, but not the virtual camera plugin.

plboily

Hi, im having exactly the same problem. I tried the virtual installer with both, OBS (latest version) 64 bit and 32 bit... same problem.
The virtual cam is in tool menu, but Skype/Zoom/Google meet dont detect any virtual cam.

Thanks to help.
pl

OBSuserT

Questions regarding OBS 25.0.8 and latest Virtual Cam...

I have two 'sources'... one capturing a PowerPoint full-screen (3840 x 2160), and one capturing my 4K WebCam (logitech Brio). I am using the VirtualCam to output video of the two sources fused together as my "camera video source" for a Microsoft Teams meeting. The issue I'm having is that the video the other Teams' members are seeing from me is "clipped", it's chopped by about ~25% on one side.

Question: how do I configure the VirtualCam output so it's not clipped as a virtual camera? is there a way to set the output resolution? or "auto-resizing" the output to not clip?

Ronald Cz

that there is a delay of the video compared to audio in Zoom right now. The problem is, that my microphone is direktly connected to Zoom and the Video comes from VirtualCam/ OBS which causes the delay.
yes, I believe you need to use a virtual cable.

Artem.ru

OBS developers are integrating a virtual camera directly into the program itself. But they do not see the need to simultaneously use more than 1 virtual camera. If you, just like I need 2 or more simultaneously working cameras, please like the message on Github.

danieldy

Hi, im having exactly the same problem. I tried the virtual installer with both, OBS (latest version) 64 bit and 32 bit... same problem.
The virtual cam is in tool menu, but Skype/Zoom/Google meet dont detect any virtual cam.

Thanks to help.
pl

Have you made sure that you "started" the virtualcam? You can have it set to automatically start, but you might need to start it manually at first. I can see it in my Zoom menu.