Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

J'sun

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am asking a newbie question. I am using the Virtual-Camera plugin with Sony A6300. I have to use the sony remote application for my a6300 to be used in OBS which works great. When I attempt to use the Virtual camera all I get is a black screen. To my understanding I have done everything correctly but I could have missed something. There were no errors during the install, I have rebooted any advice is appreciated. I want to use the virtual camera for Zoom has anyone had success? I am using a laptop Windows 10 64bit thanks in advance for your help
Wanted to add that FPS and Video Format are red and won't allow me to edit anything just in case that helps

J'sun

Wanted to add that FPS and Video Format are red and won't allow me to edit anything just in case that helps
I kept reading and installed the previous version of zoom and the Virtual Camera is working I will be donating to this forum

Doug Willis

Is it possible to get a status on the availability of VirtualCam for the latest Mac OSX (Catalina). I am pleased to see that OBS Studio (64bit) is now available for Mac, but as far as I can tell, VirtualCam is not.

Given that most of the world is now in Lockdown, and availability of regular WebCams are in high demand and not readily in stock (at least in my region), the need for additional options like being able to use other cameras (with VitualCam) could not be more urgent at this time.

Developers, please make this a priority and develop and release a VirtualCam for Mac, or at least give people a indication of if and when this will happen.

Thanks and stay safe.

syntax101

I have issues using Virtual Cam on my Facebook live.. what is the reason, why my FB Live donot have audio in stream using Virtual Cam? However if i tried to record my preview audio is present.. Any help?

DaBoom

None of the download links seem to be working. I keep getting:

504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.

thewinger

Is it possible to see a obs-virtualcam through the local network.
I have a cam attached to a PC Windows 10 with OBS-virtualcam started.
Could that VirtualCam be seen by a MacBook in the same network to use it in Microsoft Teams for example?

McDizzle

Is this still working for people using OBS 25? After installing and registering through cmd, I still don't see OBS VIrtual Cam listed under tools

PedjaS

This is great plugin. It should be integrated in base installation of OBS.

Is is possible to get Start / Stop button on the main screen, at the same place where starting and stopping streaming is available?

fiercedude

I've searched around for a couple of days and haven't found anything on this issue. Everything seems to be set up correctly in OBS, but OBS-camera is not being detected. Specifically, I am trying to use Google Meet. I thought it wasn't working anywhere, but I found it does work in Discord. What am I doing wrong/what do I need to do to fix this issue?

EDIT: Turns out the issue was that I just needed to restart Chrome lol.

Last edited:

spew120

I have a machine with no physical webcam, and no drivers. OBS-Camera doesn't show up as an option in any application at all. Is there a generic driver out there I should install?

Ronald Cz

Could not get Virtual camera recognized in Zoom. I do not have a subscription to Zoom but the OBS Virtual camera shows up however would not start. I did get it to work in Skype but not zoom. Am I missing something? I started OBS first and had it working then went to Zoom but had a "failed to load camera"

Virtual Camera in Skype but not zoom.jpg.

jlm70

I've read in the FAQ there's no plan for MacOS version, but... as there are other software that act as virtual webcam (like the "strange" Snap Camera plugin), this could be possible and... indeed in this corona virus bad period I'd like to "overcharge" my business Cisco Webex connection (from my Macbook Pro) with a better managed OBS-based stream, even connecting an Elgato Stream Deck...

Any idea of a similar solution for MacOS?

Many thanks in advance!

SoAcH

Could not get Virtual camera recognized in Zoom. I do not have a subscription to Zoom but the OBS Virtual camera shows up however would not start. I did get it to work in Skype but not zoom. Am I missing something? I started OBS first and had it working then went to Zoom but had a "failed to load camera"

View attachment 53150.

Hello Ronald, I have the same problem, basically is the new Zoom Update, it fucked up the virtual cam pluging.

This was reply from Rackom up in post - #353

Cheers

jlader

I've read in the FAQ there's no plan for MacOS version, but... as there are other software that act as virtual webcam (like the "strange" Snap Camera plugin), this could be possible and... indeed in this corona virus bad period I'd like to "overcharge" my business Cisco Webex connection (from my Macbook Pro) with a better managed OBS-based stream, even connecting an Elgato Stream Deck...

Any idea of a similar solution for MacOS?

Many thanks in advance!
you could try NDI (https://www.reddit.com/r/ElgatoGami..._to_zoom_skype_easy_with_elgato_non_camlinks/). It has a Mac plugin. It does seem to be CPU intensive.

Ernesto-CH

As I run in the same problem by using Logitech Capture, I figured out, that it is working very well on my HP Desktop, but it doesn't work on my two Microsoft Surface and it's also not working on my HP Notebook. All devices are running on newest Windows 10 releases and actual Zoom version. I don't understand it. I opened a support call at Zoom yesterday.

Ronald Cz

"same problem by using Logitech Capture, " yes that is what I was using Logitech 920C webcam. Should I try different web cams?