Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

asaferamos

Hello guys, can you help me?
]Until yesterday Skype could recognize the OSB virtualcam normally but yesterday I scanned with Avast Antivirus and it stopped working.
I've tried to reinstall everything, I've registered by cmd as instructed but to no avail.
Do not recognize as webcam anymore.
HELP ME PLEASE!

capataci

I have everything updated, installed through the installer but it doesn't show up under tools.
Any fixes?
thank you

stroti

Hi,

thanks for the plugin! Great!

My problem is similar to Norgewalk´s post from Nov 2019.

I would like to stream my Cams and Streams to Microft Teams.
The Output of OBS with Direct Cam is blury and at a low resolution, as you can see below!
An today Update to 25.01 made no dfference. I am using Direct Cam 2.04.

A few times (5% of cases) the output is good, but i can´t figure our any difference od use.
I took a look of the stream via VLC-Player and Many Cam to make sure, that the problem is not caused by MS Teams.
Same result, no matter which software I start first.

Changing the resolution in dthe Vdeosettings of OBS has no effekt (is no at 1920x1080)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

1584748589446.png

Oteck

Hello all, i'm kinda new to this but i'm having issues with a SVBONY SV205 8MP USB3 (telescope camera) from being uitilized, i can't select anything in the option regarding resolution or fps and just bare bone. There is no driver for this thing so it prevents my software (hp3d) from even seeing it

stroti

Hi, in Addition to my post #303
Tried it with 2 other PCs
All PCs (including ther first) are running Win10 64Bit.
The

PC 1.)
Installed OBS 24.03 + VirtualCam 2.04. Installer -> Blurry
Updated to 25.01 -> Blurry
PC2.) Installed 25.01 + Virtual Cam 2.04 Installer -> Blurry

I have these Problem on every PC an all other users have not?
Please help! Thanks

Hello,
Sorry I'm a newbie at this. Just started to tinker with OBS. I'm wanting to use OBS as the camera source for my Skype video calls but my computer is not detecting the virtual camera. I've got OBS 25.0.1 installed and installed the OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4 via the executable file. Now I'm able to see the VirtualCam option in the Tools menu but whenever I start VirtualCam to use OBS as a camera source, it does not show up as a video source in my Skype application. I've made sure that OBS and Skype are running on the Integrated Graphics processor but still to now avail.

VirtualCam is for making OBS a camera source to other apps and not just a video capture device in OBS correct? I'm finding that with VirtualCam on, I'm able to select it as a video capture device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using a laptop running Windows 10 Home on 64 bit. OBS is installed in Program Files and not Program Files (x86).

Thanks

kurama3114

Hello, I am having problem where the virtual cam output is at 640x360, even though everything else is set to 1080p. The output looks fine in obs, but is very pixelated when used as a webcam. Is there any known fix to this? Thanks!

stroti

Hi Kurama,

maybe, this is my problem (see post above #303), too.
How did you find out the resoution of virtual cam?

Best regards!
Ralf

Railton

Hi, I installed VirtualCam with the 4 camera option but I want to change to a single camera. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work. How can I change this?

Thanks.

IslandOfHope

Hi,

I'm trying to use VirtualCam in Skype and I, too, have a resolution problem (like stroti). As the others here describe, the output is very blurry. Inspired by GitHub issue 43 I tested the output also with VLC player and ffplay. Output looks blurry with VLC as well (same as Skype). Output looks find with ffplay. I don't get it. :(
Is there anything that can help get to the bottom of this issue? I'm currently trying to compile the source code to add some debug logging, but so far I couldn't manage to compile it (I get a lot of "unresolved external symbol" errors).
Can someone please help?

Thanks
Markus

Railton

Hi, I installed VirtualCam with the 4 camera option but I want to change to a single camera. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work. How can I change this?

Thanks.

The other cameras have now disappeared. Not sure why they didn't go straight away but it appears that uninstall/reinstall worked.

VegasStreamer

Question on using VirtualCam with Skype: I'm trying to do a multicam skype window show with friends calling in. Their streams look good for the most part, but the return video they are getting on their screens is 3 seconds behind. Is their any way for them to have less lag in video?My upload speed is 35mb/s.

LFJ

Hi there, any help appreciated.

Win 10 1909 fresh install. Installed Studio and VirtualCam. All appears successful and virtual cam appears as an available device. However if you try to use it with Zoom conferencing you get Error "Failed to start video". Physical webcam ok. However if you try MS Teams simply the device test the preview is fine for VirtualCam?

Any secrets here we are missing? Thanks

MSabanSmith

I have a problem with this, too. Latest version of OBS and latest version of VirtualCam. I'm trying to get it to work in Zoom for remote teaching. Everything is set up in OBS no problem as far as I can see, but Zoom says it is unable to start the cam....Any ideas?

WindowsTV

I am having trouble with the plugin, I'm trying to use this with Zoom and the video won't appear. The sources are there but they are black every time. I tested with Discord and the video renders. I'm not sure if this an issue with Zoom or not..anyone able to help?

LFJ

As an update to this, I have discovered you can work with Zoom if you cancel the app and only use web browser. App would be great if anyone has a fix :)

YannickM

As an update to this, I have discovered you can work with Zoom if you cancel the app and only use web browser. App would be great if anyone has a fix :)
This works perfectly! Just use te browser app and it will work. Thanks for the tip, helps me a lot!

JBC

LFG & YannickM, Was having same problem. So, tried with the browser not app but with the browser there's no option within the camera to switch to the VirtualCam? Thoughts? TIA