Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

dlramfan

Gray Screen
catxfish: Thank you for your work on OBS-VirtualCam. I currently have 2.0.2. I am running OBS version 23.2.1 (64 bit) and Windows 10 Build 1903 on both the Broadcast PC and Remote viewing PC. I am using Google Hangouts and VLC Capture. Both DO see OBS-Camera. Both programs are displaying a gray screen. I've researched other posts here and have explored the solutions that have been tried by others: Run OBS as Administrator, Install Microsoft Visual Studio C++ (x 64) (x 86) 2008, 2010, 2012, 2017-2019 (accompanied by a restart). I've followed the instructions many times for the installation, setting Filter, and Starting Virtual Cam from 'Tools' menu. I have also used AnyCam to search (takes about an hour) and this software can't even find OBS-Camera. I am at a loss :(
Please be kind enough to provide any input you can. I appreciate your work and will donate!
Cheers.

MrG2EK

i want to switch from 4 cam to 1 i tried everything and i can't manage to find where to find it ... if someone could help me that'll be awesome !

jestuder

@oscarbello I had the same issue with the current version 24 release candidate of OBS. I dropped back to version 23 of OBS and it appeared. I would uninstall OBS software and install version 23. Then you should be good to go.

scarlett

Hello, I downloaded the new version of OBS STUDIO and I can not install the Virtual Cam, you could please tell me how it works in the new version? Thank you

GlennPC

This plugin no longer shows up under "Tools". It was working fine in the last version of OBS Studio 23.2.1. I had to revert back from ver. 24.0.1 to use it again.

scarlett

hello good morning, I understand that the new pluggin has not come out, or how it is done now, thanks for your help

vavomeye91

Hi guys. Have any of you try making a virtualcam be recognized as physical webcam? I'm programming an application via Xamarin and need to try out virtualcam output as Xamarin webcam. Everything updated and installed properly. Genymotion has bad resolution on camera input (making it better would close the case too btw), so I would like to try it on Visual Studio. Registry changed with proper package from catxfish. Thanks in advance. Anyone? PLEASE HELP 3 WEEKS OF NIGHTMARES :(

bschwartz

Hello. I am trying to solve an infinite video loop problem. When I select the OBS Virtual Cam as my camera in an application like Hangouts and turn video on, I get the video loop. I've confirmed the plug in is active, I've tried to turn off HW acceleration everywhere I can, and I am using two displays with OBS on one and the Hangouts on the other both connected to a reasonably powerful NVIDIA card. I am searching far and wide for help. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

A Random Lantern

Will you someday be adding a virtual microphone? I'd like to play my mp4s on OBS and for the user on the other end to hear it. I don't want to switch back to manycam by how shit it is imo.

Norgewalk

I think this is the same as: upbunkerhill, post: 405789

The output video isn't clear. It isn't as noticeable in any video but when displaying text, such as a PDF document or something it is very fuzzy; to the point where some of it is unreadable.
I'm trying to use OBS to share visuals alongside my camera over Hangouts when playing D&D instead of using Hangouts share screen option instead of my camera. Any handouts, maps, or items I share are hard for everyone to see. They are crystal clear when just using hangouts 'share screen'.
I have tried every setting adjustment and read every comment in this thread with no avail.
My standard settings are all 1920x1080. (Base & Output) and 30fps. I have tried every combination possible.

Is there anything else to try?

Here is a side by side of a document being shared over Hangouts without any resizing or scaling.
The left is hangouts with the Virtual Cam and the right is the source document Adobe window.

Side By Side text blur example.JPG

PotatoLord

I added Virtual Camera to my obs and I've experimenting with the single and quad camera to see if that is the problem, but I selected my Chrome camera as OBS-Camera and whenever I try to use it chrome switches it on the site to my webcam. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Attachments

• what.png
    what.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
  • TF.png
    TF.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 94

minzojian

very useful plugin! thx!
anyway, can you support 90 degree rotate transform? as you already supported horizontal flip.
cause sometimes we want push stream with landscape view in to a mobile phone with a portrait view

also, there is a bug, if first time install with 4 virtual webcams installed, there is no way to remove them, even i reinstall and selected "only 1 webcam", there is still keep 4 webcams