OBS Tray Icon Disappears, Process Still Open In Task Manager

mikedcoombs

Hello, this is my first post here and I'd first like to say that I really enjoy the OBS software, although this issue has been plaguing me for about a week now.

OBS opens correctly, everything works fine, until after a certain amount of time, usually from approximately 10 to 20 minutes, the tray icon will no longer be visible, and I can see obs64.exe running in the task manager. What's weird is I can open the program again and it will show up, but it does not give me the warning that an instance is already running. I've attached the log from the hanging process, although I've looked through it and nothing seems to be the matter, so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. I can also send a link of the dump file I created from the process in task manager, let me know if that's something that would help.

I currently use OBS for the replay buffer feature and this issue started happening after I wrote a batch script to open and close OBS when a game is running to allow the computer to sleep, although the logs from the script show no signs of any misfunction.

After I post this I will try reinstalling the program, I will reply if this solved my issue, otherwise I will still need help with this.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Attachments

• 2024-02-14 19-23-28.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 6