Resource icon

obs-text-slideshow v2.0.0-alpha

PNO

Hello colleagues!
Does anyone know how to modify the TXT and save the changes to automatically update the text that appears in the OBS Embedded Panel?

The only way I've been able to do it is to reload the TXT again in the plugin source :(

Thanks and happy day
We do this all day long with a windows scheduled task and a Powershell script. For example, we display the current time for each U.S. time-zone.

Each time-zone Powershell script force writes the time to each individual time-zone text file.

Each time-zone text file is loaded in the OBS Text-slide show, when the force write (or basically overwrite) occurs, the current time is updated and OBS text-slideshow displays the correct current time rotating through the text files.

Hope this helps, reach out with questions.

Den-Vel

Great plug-in! Sad, it doesn't work in 28.x. versions. (( Had to unplug it and search for other means doing same thing.
Anybody found any viable replacements?

fw12

Thank you for this useful plugin.
The text is left justified. Is it possible to center each line?

This control does not display in the source plugins list after installation. I have attempted both manual install and using the installer.

I see this in the logs...
13:49:05.453: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-text-slideshow.dll' not loaded
13:49:05.461: obs_register_source: Tried to register obs_source_info with size 392 which is more than libobs currently supports (384)

I am running OBS 26.1.1 (out of necessity - the newer versions mung up our scenes).

Any work arounds?

jbwong05

This control does not display in the source plugins list after installation. I have attempted both manual install and using the installer.

I see this in the logs...
13:49:05.453: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-text-slideshow.dll' not loaded
13:49:05.461: obs_register_source: Tried to register obs_source_info with size 392 which is more than libobs currently supports (384)

I am running OBS 26.1.1 (out of necessity - the newer versions mung up our scenes).

Any work arounds?
Unfortunately I do not believe their are any workarounds. The minimum version this plugin was developed for was OBS 27.0.0

jbwong05

CRS

This plug-in worked brilliantly in OBS v.27, but we have had to upgrade and are now running OBS v29.1.2. Tried installing plug-in v2.0.0, but OBS crashed on start-up. Help!
Can supply crash report if it would help.

w1nterwarburton

For those seeing crashes on startup with v2.0.0, I was able to fix it by deleting the plugin, opening up OBS again, deleting the remaining Text Slideshow sources I made before OBS 28 came out, and then reinstalling. The downside is that I now get crashes any time I try to add a file with 'SlideShow.ReadFromMultipleFiles' (see attachment). If you're shuffling through static text lines, the plugin works just fine, but I primarily use it to show text from files that my chatbot writes for me (e.g. who's my latest follower), so it's still not fully useful for me again.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-09-03 20-31-24.txt
    150 KB · Views: 20