Resource icon

obs-text-slideshow v2.0.0-alpha

jbwong05

jbwong05 updated obs-text-slideshow with a new update entry:

v1.1.0

Changes and Fixes
  • Added text slide show dock to make manually jumping and transitioning to different text sources easier
    • Currently a refresh button is required to refresh the dock because there is no source add/edit event in the obs-frontend-api; possible workarounds being investigated
  • Fixed missing locales for some of the Free Type 2 settings
  • Added some missing licenses
  • Fixed issue with macOS packaging where the incorrect dependency...

Read the rest of this update entry...

jbwong05

jbwong05 updated obs-text-slideshow with a new update entry:

v1.2.0

Changes and Fixes
  • Fixed the dock source order not matching the source list
  • Fixed desyncing issue where toggling between manual/auto mode using the play/pause button would not be reflected in the source's settings
  • Updated the windows installer url
  • Fixed #2 where GDI+ text sources always appeared centered
  • Allowed already selected sources in the dock to still be transitioned to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

an2knee

@jbwong05 I don't know if suggestion would be would be difficult to implement, but could it be possible to keep the selected TEXT SLIDE SHOW in the Dock even though its not available on Program?

LaughterOnWater

Already put this in the github. Just following up here. Norton recognizes this plugin as having a bad reputation level. Other OBS plugin installers from github pass Norton's scrutiny. It might be a good idea to determine why this installer doesn't.

jbwong05

@jbwong05 I don't know if suggestion would be would be difficult to implement, but could it be possible to keep the selected TEXT SLIDE SHOW in the Dock even though its not available on Program?
I'm sorry I missed this feature request. In the future, it would be best if feature requests were submitted here. I will look into this when I get the chance. One possible solution would be to have two tabs in the dock, one for the text slide show sources on the preview pane and one for the text slide show sources on the program pane.

jbwong05

Make sure you are on OBS 27.0 or later as obs-text-slideshow plugin is incompatible with previous versions of OBS. The installer assumes OBS is installed to the path C:\Program Files\obs-studio. If this is not the case such as if you are using the portable version, the plugin files may have to be installed manually. The installer should install the files obs-text-slideshow.dll and obs-text-slideshow.pdb to the paths C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit and C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\32bit and the en-US.ini file should be installed to the path C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\obs-text-slideshow\locale. Please make sure these files are in the proper locations. If they are and you are still having issues, please send me a copy of your OBS log file and I can take a look at it.

MMTech1

This is great, well at least for the first hour, now it is crashing and locking up OBS, not sure what I may have done wrong. I installed it, tried it out by having it read from single file, worked great. Next day every time I click on the file for it to read from, then click ok. That is when it locks up. I am using 1.5.1. in OBS 27.1.3 on windows 10 pro 19042.1237. I am a noob, so It maybe something I did, or didn't do. LoL Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Attached crash file.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-10-16 11-04-20.txt
    150 KB · Views: 64

juanmaaranda

Hello colleagues!
Does anyone know how to modify the TXT and save the changes to automatically update the text that appears in the OBS Embedded Panel?

The only way I've been able to do it is to reload the TXT again in the plugin source :(

Thanks and happy day

jbwong05

This is great, well at least for the first hour, now it is crashing and locking up OBS, not sure what I may have done wrong. I installed it, tried it out by having it read from single file, worked great. Next day every time I click on the file for it to read from, then click ok. That is when it locks up. I am using 1.5.1. in OBS 27.1.3 on windows 10 pro 19042.1237. I am a noob, so It maybe something I did, or didn't do. LoL Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Attached crash file.
Thanks for the report. Not initially sure what the issue could be. I have mirrored this issue on github here to track the progress and will look into it when I get the chance. For an initial fix, I would say to try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin and see if that clears up the issue.

jbwong05

Hello colleagues!
Does anyone know how to modify the TXT and save the changes to automatically update the text that appears in the OBS Embedded Panel?

The only way I've been able to do it is to reload the TXT again in the plugin source :(

Thanks and happy day
Unfortunately the text slideshow source is only updated from the file when it's reloaded which is why the dock also doesn't update when the text file is modified and saved. A way to fix this may be to use a background thread to monitor when the text file is updated and then updated the text slideshow source accordingly, however I am not sure if this is supported by the current OBS API.