OBS suddenly not showing any display I use

HydroPage90

I was using OBS on my laptop for a little bit, and it worked perfectly fine. However, I'm not sure when it happened, but it just stopped displaying anything at all
1600538234109.png

I try to add a display capture, only to get this blank screen on it, and if I actually "OK" this and add it, it's pretty much completely black except for a tiny red square on the top left of the display
1600538295516.png

If I click inside the display, the square disappears. My OBS version is visible there, I am running on an Alienware Windows 10 laptop with an NVIDIA 970 discrete.
And to make this more concrete, I just now factory reset my computer, and reinstalled OBS, to no difference in results.

What could I do?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer

HydroPage90

I should've included that I have looked these sources up. But the videos I found had a completely black screen (no little red square), and by switching OBS to use the NVIDIA GPU, their problem was fixed, when this did not work for me

HydroPage90

For each GPU (Intel integrated and NVIDIA discrete), I just shut down OBS, set it to the GPU, and started it, and added a display capture. For both GPUs, that little red square appeared, and the rest of the display shows black. This doesn't seem to be changing anything

HydroPage90

Never mind, this is quite embarrassing. I was using the NVIDIA control panel to set the GPUs to use instead of explicitly what that article said. I'm not sure why that was any different