Question / Help OBS Stuttering in Preview/Recording/Stream

TheGodlyNoob

Hey,

So I recently changed to a new PC ( i9 9900k + 2080 ti ) from my old PC ( i7 8700k & 1080 ti ) and now I have issues.

I use the exact same settings ( same scenes, same everything ) on the new PC as the old one. I tried locking my frames in game to less frames than my old one and I still get the issue. Tried the new NVENC/old NVENC still, issue persists. Tried multiple GPU drivers. Disabled every windows crap.

Games I play are pretty much Apex and Rainbow Six Siege. But mostly Rainbow Six Siege and I get the issue in both games.

Clearly the new PC should be fine getting more frames + recording but it's quite the opposite.

I thought at first it would be because of Window's issue where if you have monitors with different refresh rates, OBS fucks up but I never had this issue on the old PC with the exact same setup and well.. I unplugged my "2nd monitor" and the issue was still there so that's out of the equation.

My frames are limited to 144 fps on Apex ( I can easily run over 240-300 FPS in Apex before they fixed the frames to 144 by accident last patch ) and I still get the issue. So the GPU shouldn't be overloaded since it's working wayyyy less than it can do.

Not quite sure what to do anymore.

Log file : https://obsproject.com/logs/u1qAdFO0V-zw33fS

Attachments

• Settings_4.jpg
    Settings_4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Settings5.jpg
    Settings5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Settings6.jpg
    Settings6.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Settings7.jpg
    Settings7.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 94
  • xd.jpg
    xd.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 94

Spiriitus

I was getting these same exact symptoms on a 9600k @ 5.2GHz + RTX 2070 oc'd. Just now tried deleting my game capture and swapped for window capture. Seems to be a lot less choppy recordings coming from NVENC (new). I'll continue testing and update. Curious to hear if it helps with you.

Spiriitus

Also take a look at your resource usage in task manager while recording and gaming to see if anything is reaching the 90-100% range.

carlmmii

OP has 2% frames lost due to rendering lag, which is also causing the 2% frames lost in encoding. Try turning off Psycho Visual Tuning, as this adds requires extra GPU resources for encoding.

r23r23

Hey,

So I recently changed to a new PC ( i9 9900k + 2080 ti ) from my old PC ( i7 8700k & 1080 ti ) and now I have issues.

I use the exact same settings ( same scenes, same everything ) on the new PC as the old one. I tried locking my frames in game to less frames than my old one and I still get the issue. Tried the new NVENC/old NVENC still, issue persists. Tried multiple GPU drivers. Disabled every windows crap.

Games I play are pretty much Apex and Rainbow Six Siege. But mostly Rainbow Six Siege and I get the issue in both games.

Clearly the new PC should be fine getting more frames + recording but it's quite the opposite.

I thought at first it would be because of Window's issue where if you have monitors with different refresh rates, OBS fucks up but I never had this issue on the old PC with the exact same setup and well.. I unplugged my "2nd monitor" and the issue was still there so that's out of the equation.

My frames are limited to 144 fps on Apex ( I can easily run over 240-300 FPS in Apex before they fixed the frames to 144 by accident last patch ) and I still get the issue. So the GPU shouldn't be overloaded since it's working wayyyy less than it can do.

Not quite sure what to do anymore.

Log file : https://obsproject.com/logs/u1qAdFO0V-zw33fS
i have the exect same issue like down to the game i just got new parts and its all of a sudden lagging did u find a fix