OBS Studio Crash when the game is minimized/maximized

xrodgttv

Hello there,

I've been struggling with some of the errors (not the OBS in particular) when streaming with OBS Studio. I upgraded my PC recently with a new GPU and CPU.
Recently I've been experiencing OBS and Game crashing with some Directx11 error, I wasn't able to capture something like "direct3d could not allocate sufficient memory..." and also being mentioned is a script snippet like "resizeBuffer()".

These errors and crashes occur when trying to stream Battlefield 2042. Had no troubles with other games before.

Could anyone point me out what's wrong in the log, is it OBS or just the Battlefield game is sh**t? :D

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-10 13-17-23.txt
    150 KB · Views: 43

xrodgttv

Okay, thanks. I'm on Windows 11 currently, but will try this and get back to you when I end my test stream.

sandrix

Okay, the second reason is your media sources (.webm), try turning them off. Also update the Audio SDK. I would recommend creating a portable copy of the obs that will have its own settings to find the problem by exclusion.

xrodgttv

Okay, will try today without the media sources and these two options below and let you know. Thanks.

xrodgttv

Okay, the second reason is your media sources (.webm), try turning them off. Also update the Audio SDK. I would recommend creating a portable copy of the obs that will have its own settings to find the problem by exclusion.

Okay, so I've updated Audio SDK, and created a portable version of OBS studio as mentioned. The game crashes instantly, but the OBS works fine.
I have the game run 3 times, once it crashed immediately, once in the loading, and the last time was 30 seconds into the game.

I got only OBS log without a crash log, but something I can attach is the Battlefield crash dump if you have a tool to analyze it. Also removed .webm from my Stream scene.

Attachments

• 2023-01-11 10-15-40.txt
    43.7 KB · Views: 17

sandrix

No, I meant something else. Download another copy of the obs in a Zip archive and run it in portable mode to isolate its settings from the main version.
In any case, try also changing the encoder to x264.

I believe the bug has something to do with game capture.
Code:
10:17:12.997: [game-capture: 'Game'] We're DXGI1.4 boys!
10:17:12.997: [game-capture: 'Game'] d3d12_init_11on12: creating 11 device: queue=0x6CDF8440
10:17:13.016: [game-capture: 'Game'] d3d12 shared texture capture successful
10:17:13.017: [game-capture: 'Game'] Remembering D3D12 queue from present: queue=0x6CDF8440
10:17:13.028: [game-capture: 'Game'] shared texture capture successful
10:18:18.278: [game-capture: 'Game'] capture window no longer exists, terminating capture
10:18:18.278: [game-capture: 'Game'] capture stopped
10:18:35.034: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] User stopped the stream
10:18:35.034: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Socket send buffer is 65536 bytes
10:18:36.135: socket_thread_windows: Normal exit
10:18:36.135: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
10:18:36.135: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 5120 (7931 attempted)
10:18:36.135: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 8034 (8100 attempted)
10:18:36.135: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 66 (0.8%)

10:18:36.135: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 2811 (35.4%)
10:18:36.135: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Freeing 108 remaining packets
10:18:36.136: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 67/8389 (0.8%)

In addition, you have problems with network frame drops.
Use Twitch Test to determine the best speed and server.

Last edited:

xrodgttv

Yes, I did make a portable copy with the settings I have on the main platform. I can reinstall it and try again.

Yes, had frame drops, and my phone hogged the network for a few minutes... iCloud stuff

xrodgttv

Okay, I've done two tests with a fresh copy of OBS studio. I have added only a default scene with Game capture and tested with CPU and GPU as an encoder. I did not crash, actually game felt better somehow.

Could this be a reason for crashing as you mentioned those .webm files? I'm using those for Intro/Outro and for the Game stream where my Ultrawide screen is shrunk to fit 1920x1080? My latest test with GPU/CPU had a normal resolution 1920x1080, basically cropped the wide stuff.

So I made a screenshot of the current layout.

xrodgttv

I've migrated again my settings to the portable version, and it crashed again with the same dump error. Guess something in the scenes or Settings is the problem here, dunno.

Edit: removed every scene and source except facecam and browser source for notifications, still crashes.

Attachments

• error1.png
    error1.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

sandrix

Well, at least it's clear now that it's your scenes and OBS sources. The problem is media sources, according to the first Crash report. It's hard for me to say, you will have to act by elimination method.

sandrix

If possible. Try to completely remove OBS and the %appdata%\obs-studio folder Do a clean install, gradually add scenes and sources.

sandrix

I've migrated again my settings to the portable version, and it crashed again with the same dump error. Guess something in the scenes or Settings is the problem here, dunno.

Edit: removed every scene and source except facecam and browser source for notifications, still crashes.
1. This is a memory leak. Set the swap file to automatic management.
2. The problem is in the video driver. Reinstall.
3. Also install the latest Visual C++ package