Resource icon

OBS Remote 1.12

bilhamil

Developer
Solomonyo, that feature is not currently implemented, although it has been requested a couple times. I think it is pretty high on the list of things to implement.

kryty

I've got an issue like damnation, I'm streaming to YouTube instead of twitch these days and it would be great to see a preview of what's happening. Thought about writing some userscript where I could give some url to replace the twitch stream.

bilhamil

Developer
Hey Kryty, looking at the youtube stuff, looks a little bit more complicated than twitch to get the embed working, but I'll keep looking at it.

Midnitte

Any chance this will work with 2 computers running OBS on the same local network? Trying to record both simultaneously.

Nevermind, lol

Vizhonary

Sorry, but I cannot figure out how to install the manual install zip of it, as no matter where I put the dlls, OBS is not loading them as a plugin and just working on it manually requires me constantly giving administrative permissions to change anything in the OBS folders (which is just ridiculous). Is there some readme or what not that I am missing that actually explains how to isntall it, because with the latest version of OBS the self-installer isn't working and manual package has no instructions.

bilhamil

Developer
Vizhonary said:
Sorry, but I cannot figure out how to install the manual install zip of it, as no matter where I put the dlls, OBS is not loading them as a plugin and just working on it manually requires me constantly giving administrative permissions to change anything in the OBS folders (which is just ridiculous). Is there some readme or what not that I am missing that actually explains how to isntall it, because with the latest version of OBS the self-installer isn't working and manual package has no instructions.

There is a new version of the executable available on the website, should install for 64-bit OBS ok now. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Vizhonary

bilhamil said:
Vizhonary said:

There is a new version of the executable available on the website, should install for 64-bit OBS ok now. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Finally got around to fetching it and yup, it loads now. Still haven't tested it, but unless I am heard from again, assume it works fine.

PROBLEM: It won't let me change the password... I can type in a new password, the OK button becomes clickable and hitting return or okay closes the dialogue but the password won't actually change.

Dn2

Hey firstly thanks for this :)

For me i need to reinstall from the exe installer every time i want to use it as it doesn't show up in the plugin list when i start OBS (v0.60b 64bit).

I.e. I'd run the installer, start OBS and it shows up and works great. Quit OBS and come back later or the next day and it (mobile app) wont connect. Checking the plugin list in OBS and it doesn't show up there. Exiting and reinstalling the plugin works. But I need to do it every time i want to use the remote after exiting OBS after reinstalling.

i.e the plugin only shows up once after a running the installer. Password is saved tho.

edit: ok just checked and it doesnt happen with 32bit version or OBS. Just the 64bit.

Edit: Turn out to be a problem with my install

bilhamil

Developer
Dn2 said:
I.e. I'd run the installer, start OBS and it shows up and works great. Quit OBS and come back later or the next day and it (mobile app) wont connect. Checking the plugin list in OBS and it doesn't show up there. Exiting and reinstalling the plugin works. But I need to do it every time i want to use the remote after exiting OBS after reinstalling.

Huh that is really weird. I will try to check it out tonight.

Vizhonary

Another problem....

In addition to my being unable to change the password at the plugin, my android version of the remote has stopped functioning. When I tried to connect it to OBS earlier, it pretty much got stuck trying to connect. Close it and open it, still trying to connect. Force stop it and restart it, it's trying to connect. Uninstall it, reinstall it and then launch it, it's still trying to connect. Not hitting connect after the first time, but just launching it, and the LAN IP on the machine it's trying to connect to has not changed at all.

FOLLOWUP: A second reinstall got it to reset.

Lilwird

Any chance of a iPad/iPhone app happening. I only have the one PC but have a iPad that I use to monitor my twitch stream. I would love to control OBS without tabbing out of my game to adjust OBS.

Cheers
Pete

Vizhonary

My Issue resolved

Alright. Procrastination on getting back with the request for the config file paid off this time. The latest update of OBS that I got yesterday resolved whatever was keeping me from being able to change the password. It works like it's supposed to now.

FerretBomb

Excellent work on the Android app; definitely functional and seems to be well thought-out as far as interface goes. More importantly, it actually connects to the OBS Remote plugin, which (for some reason) the webpage-based version still cannot from any other system on my network.

Glitches/missing: Settings (under the 'menu' button on the main app page) does nothing. Title does not have a landscape-mode layout available (so typing in stuff sideways on a phone with a fold-out keyboard).

I'm kind of curious if some of the functionality of Dashboard Lite might be added to this... I know it's not in keeping with the service-independent nature of OBS, but it'd be pretty sweet for many to be able to swipe right and get Twitch chat (even running in anonymous mode, for those with a single monitor), or swipe left and get the options to run ads/set timers/reminders/see viewer stats/etc.

bilhamil

Developer
New version of the installer available, fixes issue with installer not correctly configuring the firewall exception for 64 bit OBS.

LatinP

First let me say this is an amazing plugin, should be pinned at the top of this page.

I have a question, would it be possible maybe in a future update or down the line to see the little green bars that activate when sound passes through the mic or desktop inputs? Thanks for an amazing plugin!

ball2hi

did you try it and it did not work? (assuming the answer is no, try it!)
I haven't tried it since 3-5 months ago since it wasn't working then. In-game steam browser is a pain so I didn't think he'd try and make it work with it. I'll try and check it though.