Resource icon

OBS Remote 1.12

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
patoninja said:
Hello

I have a question about the OBS remote.

I have 2 computers and each has its own internet.
It's possible I transmit the livestream from a computer, for do not use the other band?

In the case, I would use the internet to transmit and one for play.
I live in Brazil and my region is the internet max speed of up to 15MB and upload is 850kbps which is very bad to do livestream in 720p.
You can use the Bind to Interface option in the advanced options to select the correct network card.

This has nothing to do with the OBS remote though.

patoninja

dodgepong said:
You can use the Bind to Interface option in the advanced options to select the correct network card.

This has nothing to do with the OBS remote though.

In case I would have to put a network card in my computer offboard to adapt the second internet connection?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You will need 2 network cards in the same computer if you intend to play your game on one connection and stream on the other all in one computer. If you're using a 2-computer setup, then the point is moot.

patoninja

dodgepong said:
You will need 2 network cards in the same computer if you intend to play your game on one connection and stream on the other all in one computer. If you're using a 2-computer setup, then the point is moot.

If it is possible to play and transmit the livestream on the same computer would be much better, however as I said, in Brazil the internet is awful and I need to transmit of network different than that I use to play.

So I need to put 2 NICs offboard or can I use the motherboard and other external?

Sorry bad english :(

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Yes, you can use the motherboard's NIC in addition to another PCI NIC you will need to install.

If you want to keep discussing this, you should start a new thread in the Questions and Help forum, since it is off-topic to this thread.

m0ore4ustin391

Is it possible to use OBS remote to control my friends broadcast at his house over the internet? We live a different locations and he would like me to control his broadcast as hes playing the game. Is this possible or do you have to be on the same LAN?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Hmm, you might be able to use something like Hamachi to do that...I'd be interested to hear if that works.

vedranius

Hi,
I tried this on my iPad and it works amazingly good! Tho the problem is that twitch.tv video isn't working in OBS remote.
Can you try something else, somehow embeding a twitch channel to work with iPad too?
And also, this isn't a remote OBS thing, but do you know how to add transitions/fade effect to OBS, is there a plugin for that?
Thank you! ;)

Kashimus

Hi your plugin is amaizing,

Could you add option to modify/add sources from the remote comp not just show/not show and reorder , and support for other streaming sites besides twitch like hashd.tv, so i can manage my stream from my laptop and modify/edit the sources ,without alt tabbing out from the game.
Add an external interface with port if possible to make a friend from another house to manage my stream throug the remote.

Sorry if something is already suggested or you mentiond it that you would add it in the future.

Keep up the good work.

RyzaJr

Just wanted to thank you for this awesome app!

I'm using my Nexus 7 tablet on the side to remote control my desktop's OBS! :D

Now, if only the Twitch's chat wasn't so naggy. It needs specific dimensions of 300x400 and doesn't even always connect anyway.

PopinFRESH

First, Awesome Job on such a great idea to many situations.

I have a couple suggestions/requests to improve the functionality of this plugin. As others have requested, a native client app for Android and iOS would be a great addition. I'm not sure if you are using the flash codec or if that is OBS or Twitch, but it would be nice to switch to H.264 so the browser client would work properly on iOS as well. I would also like to see a OBS Remote client app for Mac/PC/Linux as I think you might be able to add some additional functionality. Things like a connection manager for people who help produce multiple streams. This would allow them to configure and save the settings to remotely connect to a streamers OBS over WAN and manage it for them while they stream. If possible you could enable multiple connections simultaneously which would make producing multi-streams when several streamers play together on stream significantly easier.

Anyway my primary request would be to add (may need to make an actual app for this to work) the ability to bind a key/key combination to certain functions. For example, CTRL+SHIFT+B to toggle broadcast. Or what I'm actually looking for is to be able to define a hotkey for specific scenes so I can quickly change them on the fly with a key bind. I use a Logitech G13 and never use the G20 - G22 keys (bottom 3 keys). It would be nice to bind those to a macro that would swap between pre-configured scenes. I am in the process of getting a show together and plan on having 3 Webcams (one on each of my monitors). When I look over to the monitor that my channel is on to engage the chat it would be nice to be able to press a key on my G13 to swap cameras quickly and swap back when I look back at the game monitor.

Well, regardless the plugin will still greatly help me out as I will be streaming from a second computer and this plugin will be on one of the secondary monitors on my gaming rig. Thanks for the work you've done!

FerretBomb

Interesting; appears to work locally, but not from a remote machine. Verified that the Windows Firewall rules are in place, and look good. Can ping the streaming system from two other systems (one hardwired, one wifi) but neither can connect (a 'connection lost' popup after a timeout would be handy by the way). Telnet to the streaming machine on 4444 appears to connect, but no test-commands I throw at it give any kind of response.
I also do not appear to have a WebSocketAPIPlugin directory, nor a .hosts file to edit to try that route.

Is there any simple live test command via telnet that can be used to verify if the connection is good? (Even just a HELO?)
Any chance of adding a 'change port' option (I might have something running on that port, I don't recall) behind a 'der blinkenlights' checkbox?

kalstras

Can't get this working with OBS 0.571b on Win 7 x64 neither in 64-bit OBS nor in 32-bit OBS. It is not displayed in settings. Tried both auto and manual installation.

ball2hi

Hello. I came back to this plugin because Multichat hasn't been updated and you currently are unable to see who is typing in chat. I'm still unable to get this to work in steam browser, but I doubt it's an issue with OBS Remote as steam browser is utter shit.

VivaLaMikey

Hello, i have been running into a recurring issue with OBS remote. From my macbook pro running chrome, i cannot connect to my PC running OBS remote. When I enter the correct IP on my mac and click connect simply nothing happens. I have made sure that both the computers are on the same network, i have tried completely turning off the firewalls, i have tried using a different network, i have tried re-installing... but still nothing :( Can anyone help me out?

bilhamil

Developer
Update: Released android application, see first post.

Sorry I haven't been around everybody, things have been/are just busy.

damnation

Greets,

Bilhamil, this plugin is REALLY great and a huge help to any broadcaster. Im controlling my stream machine with my laptop via wifi and its flawless so far.

Theres only one thing im missing. Since im a Justin.tv caster, i cant preview the stream, because the plugin targets mostly Twitch casters. MANY Justin.tv casters started to use OBS because Staff is no longer fully supporting Flash Media Live Encoder.

Can you do something about this and update the plugin for us as well?

Many thanks in advance. Keep up the good work!

UPDATE: I can preview my stream but i cant chat, since its using Twitch and not Justin.tv chat.

solomonyo

I may be just dumb or so now, but is it not possible to actually change a source via remote?
Like, I have a text that needs to be manually changed and since I stream I have some people doing it for me, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly..

I have the source, I can see the source, I can move around the source between other sources, but I can't edit them?