Resource icon

OBS Remote 1.12

CoreDuo

Gumby8888 said:
yea remove the "/" enter your ip 192.168.1.24

The /24 is the subnet mask, I'm assuming that's what the format is for the config file. One of the defaults is 192.168.0.0/16 which should be a catch-all for the entire 192.168.x.x subnet. The IP address for the broadcasting computer is 192.168.1.149 and the remote is running on 192.168.1.103.

CoreDuo

Gumby8888 said:
I made a mistake the OBS remote needs the ip of the streaming pc so in your case type 192.168.1.149 in the box

Yeah, that's what I did and I still can't connect to it from my laptop. It works if I connect to 192.168.1.149 on the streaming PC so the plugin itself seems to be working.

Civvie

@Coreduo
I had to open port 4444 on my router so my laptop could connect to OBSRemote.

This also works in the newest version of chrome for the Nexus 7. So if you wanted to run it on a tablet or likely a phone it'll work on chrome.

ball2hi

Wow, this is great. This would solve all of my problems for streaming full-screen in steam games, unfortunately it won't let me type into the box [Twitch Channel] to connect to my chat channel through steam's shitty in-game browser.

Keep up the awesome work!

bilhamil

Developer
ball2hi said:
Wow, this is great. This would solve all of my problems for streaming full-screen in steam games, unfortunately it won't let me type into the box [Twitch Channel] to connect to my chat channel through steam's shitty in-game browser.

Keep up the awesome work!

Yeah the text box thing is a small css issue that is going to get fixed fairly soon.

Kai22

First off, great plugin! I've been playing around with it for the past couple nights and it works well with OBS .472b

Just a heads up, I just tested it with the new OBS build (test 8) and It's not working 100%.

It seems like something may have changed in the API because the remote buttons don't update their state after you click them. When you click the buttons, the commands reach OBS and it responds fine, but the Remote doesn't reflect that. You have to manually refresh the webpage after each click for it to display the correct state.

Keep up the good work!

bilhamil

Developer
Kai22 said:
It seems like something may have changed in the API because the remote buttons don't update their state after you click them. When you click the buttons, the commands reach OBS and it responds fine, but the Remote doesn't reflect that.

Thanks for the headsup Kai! I think what ended up happening here is that recently OBS switched compilers from visual studio 2008 to 2010. The current release of OBS Remote is compiled in vs 2008 and test 8 is built in 2010. There is an issue I believe with virtual function calls across dll's built with different compilers that is causing this issue. I recently switched compiling my plugin from 2008 to 2010 as well, and I tested a new version of the plugin that I am hoping to release soon with test 8 and things work.

For now, I think I can only support the last major OBS release, as soon as a new OBS major release compiled under 2010 comes out then I think I will push the new plugin version compiled for 2010.

tHesR5

I think credential sign in would be awesome, having the ability to open this up over tcp would be great as well for the most part some of my Moderators (trusted moderators) could control scenes if need be, or alter volume levels if they aren't correct, etc.

codex

Thanks for the awesome plugin!

I using it now with my chat program https://github.com/xedoc/Ubiquitous to get control over OBS stream through Steam overlay and text commands.

The only disadvantage is incompatability with test builds of OBS. But you already aware about that as I see.

talklittle

Very cool! I just started using it and it's extremely convenient. Great work.

For posterity: To get it working on Windows 7, I had to modify the Firewall rules. Although OBS Remote automatically adds a Firewall exception entry, it's only open on the Public network. I had to enable it for Private network too.

bilhamil

Developer
For those interested in using the plugin with the current test build (0.48.007) and beyond, I have updated the original post with a working test build of the plugin.

Anyone else having problems getting the test version working with Twitch on 0.48.007 ?

The rest of the plugin appears to work fine, but when attempting to connect to twitch, it starts to freak out as if it loads and kills the videos stream repeatedly over and over.

I'll try test it again today and see how it goes.

Finally got a chance to stream properly today (at least for a few hours) and I managed to test this using 0.48.012.

It worked PERFECTLY.

Job well done Bill!

HugorPT

Hey,

I just started streaming my gaming adventures, and OBS was already amazing from the get go, but i have to say my dear sir, this just makes it nearly perfect!

Absolutely phenomenal, and having my laptop on the side using the OBS Remote makes it so much better, no more crazy Alt tabbing, and i can keep the games on fullscreen.

Very very well done, thank you for your effort!

patoninja

Hello

I have a question about the OBS remote.

I have 2 computers and each has its own internet.
It's possible I transmit the livestream from a computer, for do not use the other band?

In the case, I would use the internet to transmit and one for play.
I live in Brazil and my region is the internet max speed of up to 15MB and upload is 850kbps which is very bad to do livestream in 720p.