OBS redux

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Octopuss - currently I'm working on filters and a UI update. What I work on after that depends upon how I feel at the time, probably profiles.

By the way, you can come by chat any time and if I'm around you can ask what I'm currently working on and I'll always say if I'm there.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Isegrim - there's no need for DirectShow audio solely by itself this time. You can just use the normal audio capture methods for it, and this time you can add as many as you want.

D

Deleted member 30350

Octopuss - currently I'm working on filters and a UI update. What I work on after that depends upon how I feel at the time, probably profiles.

By the way, you can come by chat any time and if I'm around you can ask what I'm currently working on and I'll always say if I'm there.
Ah, I just don't want to bug you with nonsenses :P I'm just curious. And, honestly, impatient, because even after just a few minutes of looking at the test version I realized how much I want it - no more problems with OBS crashing my current game, no more confusing Afterburner's monitoring, and that's just the things I noticed in few minutes time.

Isegrim

Isegrim - there's no need for DirectShow audio solely by itself this time. You can just use the normal audio capture methods for it, and this time you can add as many as you want.
Edit:I did ask the wrong question. What i wanted to know is: When will we be able to output capcard audio to the desktop?

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Isegim - yes, I just haven't had time to put it in yet, sorry about that. I know how useful that is because I used to use it myself, it was really nice when you wanted to use obs itself to play a console game. I'll see if I can squeeze it in to an update soonish.

D

Deleted member 30350

Jim, what exactly are the filters you mentioned a while ago?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Filters are things that can affect the color, appearance, shape, or really anything about how an existing source.

Filters includes things like chroma key, deinterlacing, color correction, masking, and much much more.

D

Deleted member 30350

Oh, that's something completely new then. Sounds promising.

Hi all !

Just to say that a window title is missing for the "Remux recordings" window as showed there
As I don't know C++, I can't do a thing about it ^^'

MSTheChosenOne

Will the chroma key filter be completely new? Because I have to admit that I use XSplit for all green screen productions because the automatical Chroma Key Setting is pretty advanced. I don't know if you keep an eye on competitors but the "Chroma Key Green" with AA is the best I've seen so far on live productions. Maybe you can do a similar filter. Would be really helpful for OBS :)

D

Deleted member 30350

Is version 1 supposed to be feature complete (whatever "complete" might mean) or something close to that? I wouldn't think so for a second, but using common sense 1 implies some sort of full/stable/finished milestone fairly often. It's an interesting question that came to my mind considering current version will soon be 0.9.

Floatingthru

Community Helper
^ Numbers never mean anything, the first OBS is still a "Beta", and 0.10 or 0.11 are possible version numbers so keep that in mind ;p

I tested the Git version today on Linux with the new "Media Source" & found an issue: when I try to play a GIF via "Media Source", it goes well in the preview but, as soon as I try to record/stream, OBS MP crashes. The terminal indicates me "Segmentation error (core dumped)"

I tried with different GIFs & the result is the same...does anybody got the same problem on Linux, OSX or Windows ?

LesIzmoor

Win 7 64 bit, running OBS 0.8.3 64 bit version... GIF file will not animate in preview or in a live stream. I tried several GIF files that will all display correctly in browsers but none of them would advance through any frames in OBS.

On the other hand, OBS did not crash or throw any errors.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Lesizmoor - are you using the media source? They don't play in the image source. You have to play then in the media source.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Soon.

It will include Filter support (chroma key, color key, color correction, cropping, image masks, video delay, and more), native Blackmagic device support, a dark theme, volume mute toggles, source visibility toggles, several fixes... 0.9.0 will be a pretty significant update.