OBS redux

HauntedKrist

Unfortunately I don't own or use a webcam so no real idea on that. I just happened to spot those options the other day when I was testing Studio out.

It doesn't look like it's available yet, it used to be in webcam properties when you right clicked on your webcam source. Now it just lets you turn buffering on, off or to automatic. No option to adjust it by millisecond increments. Hopefully that will be in the full version.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Actual video device delay hasn't been implemented yet. Will be though.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The build server has been down and we're working on getting it back up. Hopefully should be up soon.

D

Deleted member 30350

Has anything changed regarding Mantle? Has the bloody SDK been released yet? I bet it hasn't, and I don't understand AMD at all. Do they want people not to use this? :D

FortuN

Do you guys think that we may get a test-branch of the new OBS to test out without being a programmer? A prepared install package with GUI and so.

D

Deleted member 30350

How's the server coming along? I wouldn't mind briefly testing the rewritten OBS version.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Server's either going to be fixed by the end of the week or I'm going to release my own versions soon and forgo the build server until we get a replacement. I can't really take waiting for it anymore. Mac and linux users are getting the shaft in terms of updates.. I'm really frustrated.

D

Deleted member 30350

Who owns or runs the server anyway? Looks like it's out of reach for you guys.

cherrybrola

Thank you for all your hard work Jim and all of the contributors. You guys all put so much effort into OBS. It is really, greatly appreciated!

Wonderful to have OBS 0.8 with updated translations ! But...some minor glitches appear with it (see here)
Would it be possible to adapt column widths for translation to fit in ? or should we change the translation ?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm sorry about the translation issue, that's actually a dumb design on my part, I can fix it, but won't be able to right away

D

Deleted member 30350

Jim, or anyone else, can you possibly share some rough roadmap for OBS? Like, what features are planned to be added in nearest future etc.

Octopuss, I think the philosophy is "it's out when it's ready": features are integrated when they are coded & working ! (unless a dev contradicts me ^^' )

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Well, that's true in the release schedule sense. The next major feature Jim is going to be working on filters, which includes chroma key as well as several other filter type things.

D

Deleted member 30350

Octopuss, I think the philosophy is "it's out when it's ready": features are integrated when they are coded & working ! (unless a dev contradicts me ^^' )
That's not what I asked though.
I'm just saying it would be nice if devs were a little more open about the process, saying "hey, we're currently working on this, hey in the next few weeks we want to implement this, ..." etc. The rewrite is apparently at least a year from being done and useable, so it would be great if people know what's going on. And especially since the "old" OBS has its problems and is probably not going to get any major updates anymore (which I am fine with, the new version should have the highest priority).