OBS redux

Mrgreen55

Thank for the new Windows build Jim But i got bad news the rocket still don't work or im dum. I Add the Video capture Device then click Activate which seems like it work it restart the rocket really fast but im getting no Picture.. i click on start recoding and still no picture. Did i do something wrong Jim ??? And to let you know Jim if you have the rocket activate in obs when you first start up obs the Rocket software will not work it freezes you have to close it down for the rocket to fully reset :)

Last edited:

FrogDog

game capture wont pick up my Winamp visualizer called milkdrop like it does in stable obs. no multistream yet i see, at least i have an idea where you are at now on the build and appreciate you releasing it as is for now. looks great!

FrogDog

sorry for posting alot, i hope this is right place to state things ive noticed.

no push to talk button for microphone setup ( hotkeys) <---needed

scrolling text (marquee) if possible

looking forward to ability to add plugin in future for adding a video file as a source. (use for countdown video clock)
buggin u.

Zombirate

Hey Jim, thanks a bunch for the new build. I'm having an issue - I can't add images. I can go through the whole process of adding them but nothing shows up. Any thoughts? I'm thinking it might be something from the older build but I've no idea.

EDIT: Looks like it's only PNG files I can't get to load.
EDIT 2: Works fine on 32bit, was using 64bit.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Hotkeys and scrolling things are both in progress. Multiple stream outputs is still on the agenda to be done eventually, just not implemented yet.

Issues with PNGs are known and will be fixed in the next build.

For the Rocket, it would be good to have a log I think.

Isegrim

For some reason studio is using up all my ram within seconds. 64bit version makes my pc unresponsive. 32bit version crashes after a couple of seconds, but there is nothing unusual in the log file as far as i can tell.

edit: just found the extremecap u3 bug report. That's the card i'm using.

Attachments

• 2015-01-06 20-48-54.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 24

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There does appear to be an issue with several capture devices taking a large amount of memory, and it is being investigated.

GillyMoMo

You have to unplug and replug the rocket. This sometimes holds true for the HD-PVR 2.

Dodgepong, I noticed what seems to be a major memory leak with the capture devices. 64bit just ramps until all memory is used. 32bit does the same but crashes after it reaches 4GB of RAM usage. Also would like to note that my TV tuner is reported working (can't change the channels yet, still looking into how one might do such a thing) it is a Happauge 1265 tuner (for other that might be trying to do the same thing). I hope this helps all whom are testing like I am.

Good job on the build (of course bugs need to be worked out lol). Everything seems to be working on both sides of the house though. Deff good to know for sure!!!!

GranoblasticMan

Both of you guys are running on a processor that features an integrated graphics chipset. Could you guys test if you're getting the same error when you run on that integrated graphics chipset?
This is going to take some playing around to figure out... I enabled the integrated graphics, still crashed (note: no reboot; I just noticed that the monitor output wasn't force-enabled for Active Sync on Windows 7). I thought it might have to do with using SLI/Surround on the nVidia side, so I disabled that... OBS didn't crash on startup. Then I re-enabled it, and OBS didn't crash on startup. O_o So something I did in between those steps fixed whatever was going wrong.

I'm going to try rebooting and see if I can reproduce the error, and then backtrack again from there.

Edit:

Okay, it seems like at least in my case, the crash happens whenever I have my desktop resolution in nVidia Surround set to the "Bezel Corrected" (ie, a very non-standard) resolution I had set up. 5040x1050 works fine; 5296x1050 crashes.

Edit 2:

Changing OBS's output resolution to a standard resolution (ie, 1600x900) also seems to fix it; no crash using the bezel-corrected resolution after manually entering the resolution in the settings in OBS.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, I'm stupid and don't know how to do that

Well, in that case I'm not going to lie either. I'm lazy and I didn't look up how you could do that :p

Anyway, could you look something up for me? The crash apparently has to do with the base resolution. For instance, having a base resolution of 1366x768 causes a crash for me, but 1280x720 works fine.

Head into %appdata%\obs-studio\basic\ and open up basic.ini. In the [Video] subsection look for BaseCX and OutputCX to 1280, and BaseCY and OutputCY to 720. See if that works for you.

EDIT: Be sure to edit all the entries. I have some duplicates in my ini file.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The bug with PNGs and the video capture device-related memory leak crash has been fixed in 0.7.2: https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/releases/tag/0.7.2

The resolution crash (such as the thing Granoblasticman is experiencing) is a known bug. I'll be working on it.

If you need to reset all your settings due to the resolution bug (on windows), you can press WindowsKey+R, then paste in: %appdata% ..then after that, just delete the obs-studio folder.

Last edited: