OBS recognizes all sources except display capture to record windows.

gcaramalac

Recently my OBS stopped recognizing Windows 10, but two days ago everything was normal.

I can record the screen of other programs like: Chrome, Steam, Games.

However, if I want to record the desktop or anything related to Windows, doesn't work.

In general, display capture stopped working, but the other sources work (window capture, image, etc.) as long as they do not involve recording the operating system.

I've tried several tutorials on youtube, but none has a problem similar to mine.
Would it be any windows permission that I need to activate? I always open OBS as an administrator.

Someone help me please, I can't record a tutorial anymore.

I have a gamer notebook Samsung Odyssey:
- i5 7300hq
- GTX 1050 4GB + Intel HD Graphics 630
I have tried to use NVENC, QuickSync and x264 and none has solved it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

gcaramalac

Recently my OBS stopped recognizing Windows 10, but two days ago everything was normal.

I can record the screen of other programs like: Chrome, Steam, Games.

However, if I want to record the desktop or anything related to Windows, doesn't work.

In general, display capture stopped working, but the other sources work (window capture, image, etc.) as long as they do not involve recording the operating system.

I've tried several tutorials on youtube, but none has a problem similar to mine.
Would it be any windows permission that I need to activate? I always open OBS as an administrator.

Someone help me please, I can't record a tutorial anymore.

I have a gamer notebook Samsung Odyssey:
- i5 7300hq
- GTX 1050 4GB + Intel HD Graphics 630
I have tried to use NVENC, QuickSync and x264 and none has solved it.

Thank you.

I found the solution.

Apparently my OBS had changed setings, I don't know why, and started using Nvidia's GPU as a capture source. In my case it was just going back to the previous configuration, that was putting OBS to use capture with Intel HD graphics, the same used by windows.

If someone has the same problem and has two graphics cards, make sure to analyze the graphics properties and put it to OBS to use the same GPU that your windows uses to run.

Thanks!!!

gcaramalac

The moment I found the solution and posted it here, I saw your answer. Thank you!

livestream

I found the solution.

Apparently my OBS had changed setings, I don't know why, and started using Nvidia's GPU as a capture source. In my case it was just going back to the previous configuration, that was putting OBS to use capture with Intel HD graphics, the same used by windows.

If someone has the same problem and has two graphics cards, make sure to analyze the graphics properties and put it to OBS to use the same GPU that your windows uses to run.

Thanks!!!

How do you set this? I was not able to find it in Settings.
Thanks.