Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Pascal51882

Is it possible that ndi sends only in 720p to my second PC?
I don t want to change the settings in obs studio because than my records would be 720p too.
So is there an option or a trick?

tehMorag

Is it possible that ndi sends only in 720p to my second PC?
I don t want to change the settings in obs studio because than my records would be 720p too.
So is there an option or a trick?
Open up a second version of OBS and have that canvas set to 1280x720.
Where your recording version canvas is still sitting at the resolution you want.
Regardless, it would be a double CPU hit since you are encoding it 2 times.

bagoogamonkey

Hello, I have a question that I desperately need answered...

The situation:

-My gaming PC is connected to my Ethernet cable to the Internet, as well as another separate router via WiFi.
-My laptop, which I want to use as a streaming PC, is connected to that same router via WiFi, since it has no Ethernet ports through which to connect. (if need be I can buy a USB to Ethernet adapter, but I'd rather not)
-The two computers are 100% connected to each other via the WiFi network, and they can ping each other perfectly fine.
-They both have OBS with the NDI the plugin installed correctly.
-The issue is that when I set my gaming PC or streaming PC to be NDI outputs, they can't see each other. I can add an NDI source on both machines, but they don't see each other no matter what I do.

I've tried:

-Restarting both programs and machines.
-Binding the gaming PC's network to the WiFi IPs (I've tried all 5) (Screenshot: puu.sh/yVKp5/6124c4254e.png).
-Disconnecting my Ethernet cable and exclusively using my WiFi connection on my gaming PC.
-Allowing OBS exceptions in both firewalls.
-Disabling both firewalls.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I'm really drawing a blank and it seems like every time I get close to fixing anything relating to computers it just breaks in a new way :(

Thanks in advance...

Pascal51882

Open up a second version of OBS and have that canvas set to 1280x720.
Where your recording version canvas is still sitting at the resolution you want.
Regardless, it would be a double CPU hit since you are encoding it 2 times.
This is no real option for me.
If I want to record the next day I have to change the settings every time..

NekoMina

This is no real option for me.
If I want to record the next day I have to change the settings every time..

This isn't true at all. You could set up two different folders running portable versions of OBS, that way the settings for each instance will always remain the same. Though to be honest, I'm not sure why it would "not be an option" to have to do a quick change of profiles whenever you need to switch things up...

scottieg

Hello friends,
I have been streaming Overwatch/HotS over the past two weeks from OBS to Twitch. I was trying to stream from my gaming computer alone at first, but had to turn my graphics down to low and was still getting very choppy results. Now I am using an older PC as a streaming PC and using OBS/NDI to get the input. The video is coming across well, but my viewers say audio appears to be 1-5 seconds delayed. The stream usually starts out with no delay, and then gets progressively worse throughout the session. I notice I get this message in my log often: "adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 21 milliseconds" even after turning off device timestamps. I have posted in the NDI Github & Reddit a few times and have not received response, so I am trying here.

Another question, does it matter if we have notification/alerts set up on gaming pc vs stream pc? I currently have my scenes set up on my gaming PC. Didn't think that would matter, but thought I would ask.

Setup:
Computer A (Gaming):
CPU - i5-6600K (base clock)
GPU - GTX1080
RAM - 16GB
OBS A settings -
Output ~ rescale to: 720p; encoder: x264; rate control: CBR; video bitrate: 4500; Audio: 160
Audio ~ 48khz
Video ~ base: 2560x1440; rescale to: 1280x720; bicubic 16samples; 60FPS
In Advance - Audio - audio monitoring device - should i have this at default and checked "disable windows audio ducking"?

Computer B (Streaming): CPU -
CPU - i7-2600
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6670
RAM - 12GB
OBS B settings -
Output ~ rescale to: 1280x720; encoder: x264; rate control: CBR; video bitrate: 4500; audio: 160
Audio ~ 48khz
Video ~ base: 1920x1080; rescale to: 1280x720; bicubic 16samples; 30FPS (thought this was at 60, will change to 60...)
Avanced Audio Properties: Monitor & Output OBS A; Monitor Only Desktop Audio
NDI Source: Bandwidth Highest, Sync Internal

Uploading Logs from Computer A (Gaming PC - I see "Adding 23ms of audio buffering).

Attachments

• 2018-01-10 16-35-41.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2018-01-10 19-08-46.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2018-01-10 20-18-29.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 28

Klesk Reaver

I have a few questions about using the NDI plugin that don't seem to be clear

On the gaming PC I play games at 2560x1440 but I will stream at 1920x1080 60fps from the streaming PC

How exactly do I set up the "Video" settings in OBS on the gaming PC?
Base (Canvas) Resolution
Output (Scaled) Resolution
Downscale Filter
FPS

Do these settings need to be the same on the streaming PC or just match the Output Resolution and FPS of the gaming PC?

Also do any of the settings in the "Output" area of OBS do anything on the gaming PC? (such as Bitrate etc)
or are they ignored?

edit: I assume setting up the gaming PC Base Resolution and Canvas Resolution to 2560x1440 would send a 1440p video feed over the network to the streaming PC, the streaming PC then need to use a Base Resolution of 2560x1440 and Output Resolution to 1920x1080.. Is this a better way to go? or is it better to have the gaming PC scale the Resolution down to 1080p before sending it over the network?

Last edited:

JasonVP

I've been experimenting with the Dedicated NDI Output audio filters. The challenge I'm running into is that they're not retaining their individual NDI Names. I set them in the filter dialog (different name per audio source), and hit the "Apply Changes" button. That works all well and good; the NDI client on the other PC sees the new names.

The problem is: if the source OBS restarts, the NDI Names of each filter is reset to "Dedicated NDI Output". Which screws everything up.

Can we get that fixed? Having separate audio channels will definitely allow me to use NDI more seriously. Right now I just can't given the massive sync issues.

BOLL

Thanks for the update :D now I can actually use this with the way I use OBS!
Regarding this fix though...
  • Bugfix: NDI name not saved in dedicated output filter settings
I get the names to save for the session, so I can have multiple audio streams go to my recording/streaming PC no problem, super nice! But, the names do not save across sessions. Every time I restart OBS they are reset and conflict again (as they are the same). I'll add this to the tracker at Github :)

Cheers!

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.2.2

Changes since 4.2.1
  • Bugfix: filter's NDI name not saved on exit
  • Bugfix: filter's NDI name empty when created
  • Bugfix: deleting an audio-only filter could cause a crash
  • Bugfix: incomplete NDI instance protection
  • Dedicated output filter: experimental macOS fix to decrease CPU usage
Windows, Linux and macOS Install instructions: see the release page on GitHub.

Read the rest of this update entry...

BreakTV

Hello guys i have a major isues with this, i setup it betwin my gaming and streaming pc all good but the streamin pc doesn't capture the sound even the green bars are woking on ndi source on streaming pc....

I'm having a very frustrating time getting this working properly with 1080p60 on two PCs and a network that should be able to handle it. I don't mean to just post a link to GitHub but I started a discussion there and I'm hoping to just get it a bit more visibility here too: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/issues/100. I'm sure there's a solution to this that I just don't see.

Thanks!

RHSJack

Hello guys i have a major isues with this, i setup it betwin my gaming and streaming pc all good but the streamin pc doesn't capture the sound even the green bars are woking on ndi source on streaming pc....
My problem is my setup works until will randomly cut audio. So yesterday everything worked like a champ. Today, not having changed anything, my mixer shows audio coming through NDI Source but I don't hear anything. Mixer is set to Monitor and Output. Thoughts?

Andrew Pealock

Hey Palakis! I noticed earlier today when trying to install the latest version of NDI for OBS (v 4.2.2) that Malwarebytes Premium flags and quarantines the installer as Adware.Tables.Generic. I believe this is due to the NDI Redist. installer being packaged into the plugin installation. I just wanted you to be made aware of this. The quick fix for me was to just disable MWB during the installation and re-enable it once the plugin finished installing. Thanks for all of your hard work!