Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

solidservo

Can I set the NDI bitrate somewhere?

For some reason the OBS NDI stream uses just 15 to 25Mbps on my 1Gbps LAN. As a result, the NDI stream that reaches my streaming PC looks slightly worse than NVENC on the gaming PC.

When I copy files between my Gaming PC and the Streaming PC then it does take use of the full 1Gbps, so the network connection / switch is not the issue.

Gaming PC is a Ryzen 1800x
Streaming PC is a Inter core i7 6700k

Grid21

Is this plugin a regularly maintained plug? I just recently discovered it and I am already really in love with this plugin and I am now going to be a continued use of this resource for my streams and streaming systems.

MateuszekXDD

Hi,pleas help me.When im trying to take screen from my streaming pc to the gaming,it works,When im trying to do this other way,it doesnt.Just a little red dot appears on the left top corner of the streamers pc obs and when i try to click it,it disappears.

Hey there,

I love this as it's allowing me to give the capture card I've been using back to my nagging brother :) haha.

Question:
I'm finding the image quality to be much grainier than before using NDI. I've managed to fix it up a bit by raising my bitrate to 5k from 3.8k, but it still gets a bit pixelated at times. Apart from this, I've my gaming and stream PC to 720x60. I have the stream PC performing on slow CPU preset and I have my gaming PC bitrate (although idk if it even matters) sitting at 36k since it doesn't actually go live.

Is the only solution to continue to push the bitrate higher? Or is there a setting change I'm missing to allow for better quality?

EDIT: Reviewing the VOD, I'm finding the more movement in the video, the blockier/less clear it gets. That's bitrate, yeah? (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/204870976)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

nctt-

hello, im facing a problem that my streaming pc can only detect the ndi source via wifi.
if my streaming pc is connecting to the same router via cable, then it cannot detect the ndi source.
is there any workaround for this?? or anyone facing the same issue?
thanks

Herolordman

Using 2 8700k PCs with a 1080 ti, and the stream to the stream PC is sluggish. I cant even do 1080p60 without the receiving OBS PC looking very sluggish. To reiterate, the OBS preview and the recording is sluggish (like low framerate). The game plays fine on the gaming PC, so its not that.

Greg Vaganza

Hey folks,
I'm posting my question because I currently don't know a better channel to ask for any advice, If I'm wrong, sorry.
My Question:
I've got a Laptop (OMEN by HP – 15-ce014ng/ i7-7700HQ/16 GB SDRAM / Nvidia 1060)
) and a Desktop PC (i5 4570 4x 3.20GHz/16GB ram/Nvidia 970) both have SSE4.1 and seem to have on chip grafics and both are running an up to date Win 10 64 Bit Professional. Both have the current version of OBS and the latest Version of the NDI for OBS Plugin.
Because of the i7 & 1060 in the laptop I thought of using it for gaming and the i5 PC for stream rendering. With my current capture card (AVerMedia Live Gamer HD Lite) I'm not really satisfied so I wanted to give NDI a try. Currently I'm facing the following "problem": If I send a stream via NDI from my PC i5 to my Laptop i7 everything is fine, size sound an so on. If I want to send the stream from the Laptop to the PC (which is my preferred setup) I only get a black screen and no sound combined with the "frame" in the OBS overview seems to be just 1 Pixel which i have to manually resize. The Video configuration in both OBS laptop & PC is of course identical.
So my question: Do you have any ideas to solve this? Or do you perhaps know of any configuration issues or perhaps hardware requirements my laptop i7 does not have but my PC i5 has so the sending from PC i5 to Laptop i7 works but not vice versa?
Thanks a lot for your efforts.
Have a good time and a nice advent, if it matters for you,
Vaganza.

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.2

Changes since 4.1.3
  • macOS releases now use the NDI runtime installed from the redistributable.
  • Source:
    • Lower input latency
    • New "Sync" option. You can choose between "Internal" (generate frame timestamps locally) or "Network" (use NDI frame timestamps). Use "Internal" mode if you encounter audio desync issues.
    • New "Bandwidth" option (replaces the "Low bandwidth" checkbox). You can choose between "Highest", "Lowest" or "Audio Only".

Read the rest of this update entry...

jtm57

Hats off to the developer for this fantastic resource. In our deployment, works like a champ.
My wish list: lower CPU burden. Our implementation takes five low frame rate, low bit rate NDI receivers. Each consumes ~15% of CPU bandwidth on an Win10 i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz

HisDivineOrder

First, thanks for making this. It's awesome and the promise of it is amazing.

Thing is, I'm having some trouble and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on where to look on what I might be doing wrong. I'm having no problem with the regular plugin to OBS. But I can't seem to make the "Filter" option for Dedicated OBS for a single source work. I've went into the filters, set it up on a source (Elgato 4k60 Pro) and set up an NDI Source to receive the signal on the other PC.

The video is sending (as represented by the bandwidth being used) but the video is never received, not by the PC I've set up to do it or even other PC's I've tried. Audio is working. I've also tried NDI Studio Monitor and ISOcorder and no program is able to receive the NDI coming from the Dedicated OBS option as a filter on the capture. That being said, if I send everything (overlays, everything) via the conventional NDI send option, it works perfectly, so my NDI setup seems to work perfectly... except for the one NDI thing that seems available but doesn't work. Again, the audio is sending.

Why would the regular NDI out work but not the source filter version? Any help would be appreciated.

Stroopwafel

Im getting an error on the second PC with obs_source_set_async_unbuffered - obs-ndi.dll both Systems on 64Bit, i7 intel based CPU and both a 1070. Any clue?

BOLL

I usually record with 4 audio channels (mix, game, me, voip) for post edit mixing, I noticed the NDI transfer only pipes the first channel/full mix. Is this a limitation in the protocol or OBS capture sources? Would be fantastic if I could keep the separate channels during the transfer but realize it's only connected to recording in OBS so perhaps it's unfeasible.

I usually record with 4 audio channels (mix, game, me, voip) for post edit mixing, I noticed the NDI transfer only pipes the first channel/full mix. Is this a limitation in the protocol or OBS capture sources? Would be fantastic if I could keep the separate channels during the transfer but realize it's only connected to recording in OBS so perhaps it's unfeasible.
In the latest version of the ndi plugin you can add a "dedicated ndi output (audio only)" filter on every audio source.

BOLL

In the latest version of the ndi plugin you can add a "dedicated ndi output (audio only)" filter on every audio source.
Hrm... I first added the filter to all my audio sources, got nothing to appear on the encoding machine. Restarted OBS, all dedicated inputs reset to the default NDI name, which meant only one item appeared when listing NDI sources. I removed them all to see if I could add and rename one at a time, but if I click "Apply" to save a new name OBS crashes -_- I'm attaching the last log, if that is useful for the dev, now I have to sleep :P

Attachments

• Crash 2018-01-02 01-16-58.txt
    115.1 KB · Views: 27
Hrm... I first added the filter to all my audio sources, got nothing to appear on the encoding machine. Restarted OBS, all dedicated inputs reset to the default NDI name, which meant only one item appeared when listing NDI sources. I removed them all to see if I could add and rename one at a time, but if I click "Apply" to save a new name OBS crashes -_- I'm attaching the last log, if that is useful for the dev, now I have to sleep :P
FYI: We have already created a bug report for this crash: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/issues/74

tehMorag

Loving the plugin for pushing the whole canvas out for capture.
1080 canvas get about 135mbps - 4k runs around 270mpbs (had to hand edit OBS profile file to get this canvas size)

Is there any specs on what encoding settings are being used?
Would love to try and push any feed out at the highest bitrate/color space I could for capture.

Threw this test together as well to see the difference in color capture
For each bar -- Top is capture card (HD60Pro) - Bottom is NDI plugin
6D1ZqjY.png

Only issues I have come across (while using the NDI filter) is feeding it some wacky (non 19:6/4:3) resolutions and changing them on the fly. This will cause OBS to soft crash (with error logs) or become unresponsive to the point I have to close it via task manager. I also had it where OBS on the computer that was picking up the feed(s) also be unresponsive and had to hard quit via task manager.

Biggest value I see from the filter is the possibility of sending the literally cleanest info for any source (windowcapture/gamecapture/browser source) regardless of resolution. Any chance this could happen in the future?

manuel77

Hello, I have problems with the installation of the plugin

I have OBS Studio 20.1.3 installed.

I have tried both types of installation (the recommended and the zip) and without result. Once installed the plugin in any of the two types of installation, when running OBS I am left running in the background, I can not go to the interface of the OBS. It remains executed in the background

I have to close from the task manager and uninstall the plugin and the NDi so that I can work again OBS normally

my computer is (not is Amd):

intel i7 6700k with 32gb ram in win10

Any ideas?

manuel77

please help me? of the three computers that I have at home, in two if I can install, but in my main computer it will not let me. When installing the plugins and restarting when running OBS, the OBS remains in the background without running. Uninstall the plugin and let me run the OBS !!!!!