obs-midi

obs-midi 0.9.3-Alpha-3x

musasoyyo

Hello, I installed the plugin on my iMac and it's working fine, it only crashed once after install when selecting my X-Touch Mini, but after restart it is working great.

I have one question is there a way to enable scene filters? I was able to trigger "enable source filter" but haven't found yet how to "enable scene filter" and since I'm using the "move transition plug-in" and I have created some scene filters to move my camera (this uses scene filters instead of source filters).

Thank you very much, you can't imagine how much I needed this plugin, it is a great solution (I think it is potentially better than a streamdeck).

musasoyyo

I was working today on my Mac and it crashed, this is the firs time that it crashes after the initial crash. It crashed while I was adding a "Triiger_Hotkey_By_Name", after I did OBS MIDI stopped listening to my X-Touch Mini and as soon as I closed OBS it reported a crash.

thijs desodt

nice plugin works great on my akai mpd226
the only thing i'm missing is

• SetSourcePosition: Sets the x or y position of a source [in px]
any thought on when this will be inplanted?

Will there be any further updates? I cannot seem to get the plug-in to save any bindings at all, which gets time consuming every time I pop open OBS for any shenanigans. I've found old config files from a previous version saved in the obs plug-in folders, yet the newer releases disregard that.

Thank you for making such as awesome plugin! :V

Gitago

Excellent plugin loving it so far.. but I do have a question/concern..

I saw in a video made by the author with his BEHRINGER (XTOUCH) for the record.. and it had motorized sliders which reacted to when you made adjustments inside of OBS..

I also noticed this unit was toggling the lights on the 'MUTE' button he had set in the section of the plugin.... this was done by muting and unmuting IN OBS, not via the controlboard..

So I'm wondering.. is there some way i can have this happen with my minikontrol2? I tried to set an 'on/off' note for each, but it does not seem to notice when i click the mute button inside of OBS itself...

musasoyyo

Excellent plugin loving it so far.. but I do have a question/concern..

I saw in a video made by the author with his BEHRINGER (XTOUCH) for the record.. and it had motorized sliders which reacted to when you made adjustments inside of OBS..

I also noticed this unit was toggling the lights on the 'MUTE' button he had set in the section of the plugin.... this was done by muting and unmuting IN OBS, not via the controlboard..

So I'm wondering.. is there some way i can have this happen with my minikontrol2? I tried to set an 'on/off' note for each, but it does not seem to notice when i click the mute button inside of OBS itself...
I'm also interested in this exact function. If anyone can help shed a light on this I would be very grateful

chriguch

Hi, I have some problems to get the fader of my x-Touch One working with the Action "Set Volume" - how can i do that?

chriguch

Hi, I have some problems to get the fader of my x-Touch One working with the Action "Set Volume" - how can i do that?
1621529062240.png

That's my config - what im doing wrong?

DJXCK

I use a midi controller to control voicemeter, would I be able to control both at the same time with the same midi controller or would I need a seperate one?

Gitago

I use a midi controller to control voicemeter, would I be able to control both at the same time with the same midi controller or would I need a seperate one?

I do so by using a program called Loopmidi which creates virtual midi devices, then midiox which directs your main device into those virtual devices, allowing you to use one device in multiple programs

logan_cadfgs

Hi, weird question regarding midi-obs. It’s not specifically a midi-obs problem, but I’ll ask here in case a midi-obs-specific solution comes up.

I’ve got six audio input sources (microphones) set up for use, each with their own specifically-tuned set of filters. Midi-obs is rigged up to control three of them. If I wanted to change which three mics midi-obs controls, it seems like I either gotta:
a) Manually redefine all my midi-obs mappings to control the correct sources, or
b) Keep my obs-midi mappings the same, but manually change all the sources to point to the mics I want, then manually re-do all the filters, too.

Seems like the ideal solution would be to have some sort of variable that I could define, then use that variable for obs-midi mappings. That way, if I change the variable‘s value, it changes all the obs-midi mappings, too. Kinda like:

in Midi-obs:
Note1 Value Change = Toggle Mute of Variable1
Note2 Value 255 = Toggle Mute of Variable1
Note3 Value Change = Set volume of Variable1

Then, make Variable1 point to any source you want. Changing Variable1 will change all the midi-obs mappings, too, without having to fiddle with midi-obs settings or source settings. Then you could do the same for Variable2, Variable3, etc.
Make sense? I hope so.

Like I said, this isn’t just a midi-obs issue. The same problem would occur whether I use midi-obs, MIDIcontrol, or just regular-ass hotkeys: Lots of manual, wrote adjustments if I ever decide I want to control different combinations of sources. Closest I’ve found is to use Source Mirrors, then have midi-obs control the mirrors. That way, I can just change which sources to mirror, and the midi-obs mappings change to match. That gets awfully resource-intensive really fast, though.

Anyone got any ideas? Sorry for the long-winded post.

logan_cadfgs

Aight so, goofy-but-easy solution to my issue: Renaming sources!

If a midi-obs mapping is assigned to a source called "Thing1", it will always operate whatever source is named "Thing1". So if I change another source's name to "Thing1", those mappings will now control the new source. Pretty much exactly what I wanted, now I feel kinda silly, lol.

I too am having the same problem. Everything else seems to work but something about a "pitch bend" event doesnt seem to register. Would love to know if you or anyone else has figured this out.
Got out my dusty ol' Casio keyboard just to check, and I can confirm - my pitch bend knob is definitely recognized in midi-obs, but its Pitch Bend values don't affect Set Volume actions. Probs something that could easily be fixed in an update. All the faders on my devices work without issues, though, so unfortunately I can't really say what's wrong with your x-Touch, @chriguch . When "Listen Many" is activated, what kind of Message Type is midi-obs receiving from your fader? For example, all the faders on my Korg thingy sending "Control Change" events, and they're working fine.

Also, if y'all are really desperate to get 'er working asap and don't wanna wait foran update, there might be some way to remap your faders/knobs to output a different message type. Apparently lots of DAWs like Ableton and Cubase can do this, but I haven't found any standalone programs, so you'll have to do some more digging.

Gitago

Hi, weird question regarding midi-obs. It’s not specifically a midi-obs problem, but I’ll ask here in case a midi-obs-specific solution comes up.

I’ve got six audio input sources (microphones) set up for use, each with their own specifically-tuned set of filters. Midi-obs is rigged up to control three of them. If I wanted to change which three mics midi-obs controls, it seems like I either gotta:
a) Manually redefine all my midi-obs mappings to control the correct sources, or
b) Keep my obs-midi mappings the same, but manually change all the sources to point to the mics I want, then manually re-do all the filters, too.

Seems like the ideal solution would be to have some sort of variable that I could define, then use that variable for obs-midi mappings. That way, if I change the variable‘s value, it changes all the obs-midi mappings, too. Kinda like:

in Midi-obs:
Note1 Value Change = Toggle Mute of Variable1
Note2 Value 255 = Toggle Mute of Variable1
Note3 Value Change = Set volume of Variable1

Then, make Variable1 point to any source you want. Changing Variable1 will change all the midi-obs mappings, too, without having to fiddle with midi-obs settings or source settings. Then you could do the same for Variable2, Variable3, etc.
Make sense? I hope so.

Like I said, this isn’t just a midi-obs issue. The same problem would occur whether I use midi-obs, MIDIcontrol, or just regular-ass hotkeys: Lots of manual, wrote adjustments if I ever decide I want to control different combinations of sources. Closest I’ve found is to use Source Mirrors, then have midi-obs control the mirrors. That way, I can just change which sources to mirror, and the midi-obs mappings change to match. That gets awfully resource-intensive really fast, though.

Anyone got any ideas? Sorry for the long-winded post.

sounds ilke to me you want what i imagined..is for example having 20 sources on screen but only having slide to adjust the scale for each one, INDIVIDUALLY, but only when that source is selected via Midi.. so Select CC#2 which is Source 1, and then Adjust a slider and it makes it bigger/smaller.. then select CC#3 and it selets Source 2 and then you can adjust it..

Is that whatcha mean aswell?

ShaneS

This is great, But when i try and have my action be "Trigger Hotkey" It does not let me set a hot key. any ideas? Cant click on it or anything

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 12.11.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 12.11.04 PM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 47

ShaneS

OR, i do use a program called MidiSortcut which is fantastic for mapping hotkeys to my midi controller, it works on every program i have tried it on except for OBS. for some reason OBS does not recognize the program, however it does recognize the midi controller, because as you can see from above, i can make it doe things with the plug in.