obs-midi

obs-midi 0.9.3-Alpha-3x

DJ Wilxx

Hey all.

I'm on a Mac so I totally expect the bugs and glitches in a alpha version so I'll hang tight. I have installed via the latest (8th Feb?) installer but it seems there is nothing in my plugin folder so I, like others, don't have the MIDI section in the 'Tools' menu. I can only guess the plugin is being placed somewhere else on the computer?

Thanks for a great tool. When I get it working I'm going to be using a Pioneer DJ SP-1for scene switching.

cpyarger

Hey all.

I'm on a Mac so I totally expect the bugs and glitches in a alpha version so I'll hang tight. I have installed via the latest (8th Feb?) installer but it seems there is nothing in my plugin folder so I, like others, don't have the MIDI section in the 'Tools' menu. I can only guess the plugin is being placed somewhere else on the computer?

Thanks for a great tool. When I get it working I'm going to be using a Pioneer DJ SP-1for scene switching.

Got things looking like they are working for mac, Grab the new latest release obs-midi ALPHA 2 53036ed and give it a shot!

chrisallen8888

Got things looking like they are working for mac, Grab the new latest release obs-midi ALPHA 2 53036ed and give it a shot!
hi, i'm not really familiar with GitHub, but i can't find the build number mentioned in the quote. i did try the "latest release" as well as several other releases i could find there, and none seem to make the option in the Toolbar appear.

any insight to this? thanks!

hmm i JUST saw the "install jack" memo on the instruction page (finally figured out how to see that... again i don't know github).

i'll try it and report back. thanks!

ok imagine that - follow the instructions and it works haha. i see it in the Tools menu now... i'll play around.

chrisallen8888

hi, i'm not really familiar with GitHub, but i can't find the build number mentioned in the quote. i did try the "latest release" as well as several other releases i could find there, and none seem to make the option in the Toolbar appear.

any insight to this? thanks!

hmm i JUST saw the "install jack" memo on the instruction page (finally figured out how to see that... again i don't know github).

i'll try it and report back. thanks!

ok imagine that - follow the instructions and it works haha. i see it in the Tools menu now... i'll play around.
ok got it installed. it seems you must use the Learn function and can't type in the values yourself.

it "works" but OBS crashes often unfortunately. i can't find a pattern and it happens at random times. sometimes it will be a minute, sometimes 20.

after it crashes, OBS won't open. i have to go to the Library folder > Application support and delete the obs-midi files there. then OBS opens, but i have to reconfig everything.

i'm only using it for 2 commands right now - Control Change messages to change between 2 scenes.

i may have to uninstall it to have a stable stream, as i wouldn't want it crashing during a stream of course.

thanks for developing this! if i can get it to crash again, i'll try to save the error report and post it here. but yeah i think i have to uninstall for now.

DJ Wilxx

Yes. Please post a crash report and an log file. Under the help menu is the option to upload both. Or to view the files if you want to upload the old ones. I don't check here as often. So of you can post them up at the github issues page that would be great https://github.com/cpyarger/obs-midi/issues

Hi @cpyarger

I registered with GitHub to send you a report. I get a crash on MacOS after a few minutes of poking around the mapping GUI. I can't get to upload the crash logs but the other logs are there.

Regards
Wilxx

djtomt

Installed on Mac running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) & the current version of OBS Studio for Mac. Seems to be working fine but the actual mappable functions are limited. Are there plans to add more? I am trying to use the dials on my controller to scroll through my scenes. Or do I need to create macros for what I want to do? Please advise. Thanks.

djtomt

I need to modify my question. I am using the following:
- Macbook Pro 16 GB RAM Running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) & the current version of OBS Studio for Mac
- Korg PadKontrol - info here: https://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/padkontrol/

I am trying to set up a workflow where the following things happen:
- Use the PadKontrol's "Setting Section" knob to scroll between scenes in an OBS profile. I want to use this in Studio Mode to get my scenes ready.
- Use the PadKontrol's trigger pads to toggle different transition effects between scenes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

djtomt

Last thing - I apologize - I don't know how to edit previous posts.

The plugin does cause OBS to crash. Just FYI. Thank you.

cpyarger

Installed on Mac running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) & the current version of OBS Studio for Mac. Seems to be working fine but the actual mappable functions are limited. Are there plans to add more? I am trying to use the dials on my controller to scroll through my scenes. Or do I need to create macros for what I want to do? Please advise. Thanks.
Setting scenes at the moment is limited to buttons at the moment. Eventually, I may add a feature for scrolling through presets but that will probably be a function once the macros function is implemented. What you are able to see there is just a teaser of upcoming functionality.

also, it is usually best to mention the specific version of the plugin you are using as the "current version" can change multiple times in an hour

Last edited:

cpyarger

I need to modify my question. I am using the following:
- Macbook Pro 16 GB RAM Running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) & the current version of OBS Studio for Mac
- Korg PadKontrol - info here: https://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/padkontrol/

I am trying to set up a workflow where the following things happen:
- Use the PadKontrol's "Setting Section" knob to scroll between scenes in an OBS profile. I want to use this in Studio Mode to get my scenes ready.

- Use the PadKontrol's trigger pads to toggle different transition effects between scenes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You are able to set the current transition using a button at the moment, is that what you mean?

djtomt

Setting scenes at the moment is limited to buttons at the moment. Eventually, I may add a feature for scrolling through presets but that will probably be a function once the macros function is implemented. What you are able to see there is just a teaser of upcoming functionality.

also, it is usually best to mention the specific version of the plugin you are using as the "current version" can change multiple times in an hour

Thanks so much for responding. Sorry again for my disjointed posts.

I am using: obs-midi ALPHA 2 3270834 on a Mac

One more item: I have the pads on my midi controller mapped to "Set Current transition" and those are working fine. I have another pad mapped to "Transition". Within OBS I have the Transition Duration set to 1000 ms. When I click the "Transition" button I have mapped, the Transition duration automatically defaults to 2 ms. Is there a way to change this value?

Thank you.

cpyarger

please post a bug report on the above mentioned github issues page. It will get lost in time otherwise lol. so much going on atm (:

djtomt

please post a bug report on the above mentioned github issues page. It will get lost in time otherwise lol. so much going on atm (:

Thanks so much for your quick response and update! Transitions working perfectly now. Looking forward to future versions of this plugin. Very handy.

amandryka

Hi,
Just installed the whole package on my OBS studio 64 bit build (C++ libraries, and the obs-midi install).

When trying with my Kontrol F1, I can read the midi signals coming in on the bottom left section of the configure tab, but the notes don't show up in the main area.
Also, I get notes showing up in MidiKey2Key, so the issue should be between the controllers and OBS/plugin.

Also, I get the same result with another midi controller that I tried.

What am I missing?

On the image, you can see the midi message being picked up on the lower left section, while the main area stays blank.

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 38

amandryka

Nevermind, I was able to make it work by clicking on "add mapping", I guess the workflow is very different from what is shown on the tutorial video.
Thanks! This plugin is a great initiative!