obs-midi

obs-midi 0.9.3-Alpha-3x

vandenk

Hello! This plug-in looks to be pretty fantastic! I downloaded the v0.1.3.zip file and installed the 3 obs-midi.* files into my plug-ins folder. But I can't get the plug-in to load. I see this in my log file:

23:25:15.771: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi.dll': The specified module could not be found.
23:25:15.771: (126)
23:25:15.771: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi.dll' not loaded

I assume it's trying to find RTMIDI17, which I guess I don't have and I don't know where to get without having to build it myself. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, thanks for the videos. Are you using your X-Touch in MIDI mode, or MC or HUI?

cpyarger

Hello! This plug-in looks to be pretty fantastic! I downloaded the v0.1.3.zip file and installed the 3 obs-midi.* files into my plug-ins folder. But I can't get the plug-in to load. I see this in my log file:

23:25:15.771: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi.dll': The specified module could not be found.
23:25:15.771: (126)
23:25:15.771: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-midi.dll' not loaded

I assume it's trying to find RTMIDI17, which I guess I don't have and I don't know where to get without having to build it myself. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, thanks for the videos. Are you using your X-Touch in MIDI mode, or MC or HUI?

The latest few releases of the plugin have installers, which make sure everything is where it should be.
0.1.3 is a VERY old release, and shouldn't be used lol
And I am using the XTouch Compact in MIDI mode (: I haven't gotten around to writing support for MC or HUI yet.

vandenk

The latest few releases of the plugin have installers, which make sure everything is where it should be.
0.1.3 is a VERY old release, and shouldn't be used lol
And I am using the XTouch Compact in MIDI mode (: I haven't gotten around to writing support for MC or HUI yet.

Thanks for directing me to the installer. I watched the videos on the main plug-in page and you demonstrate installation using the zip and manually placing the files...so that's what I did. I removed those and used obs-midi-eec353f-Windows-Installer.exe instead. Same result. I apologize, but clearly I'm missing something. If this isn't the right place for this discussion, let me know.

Attachments

• 2020-07-03 09-16-52.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 158

cpyarger

Thanks for directing me to the installer. I watched the videos on the main plug-in page and you demonstrate installation using the zip and manually placing the files...so that's what I did. I removed those and used obs-midi-eec353f-Windows-Installer.exe instead. Same result. I apologize, but clearly I'm missing something. If this isn't the right place for this discussion, let me know.
Did you clean up the bits you copied over from the original install?

vandenk

Found my problem. It loaded fine on my work computer, but not my personal one. I do use Visual Studio at home, but only for .NET development...no C++. I added the C++ development workload so that I could get "dumpbin" tool, which gave me a list of the dependent assemblies in the plug-in dll. The root problem was I had missing dependencies, specifically the vc_redist.x64.exe. I downloaded them from MSFT and installed and now the plug-in loads properly.

cpyarger

ah! well when building the plugin, when cloning the repo make sure to do git clone --recursive. to make sure you get RTMIDI17 as well

bognibbly

Hey I have a question about this plugin. I had a look at your overview but is there a feature where stream events trigger midi (i.e a new follower triggers a midi event) Thanks in advance

cpyarger

Hey I have a question about this plugin. I had a look at your overview but is there a feature where stream events trigger midi (i.e a new follower triggers a midi event) Thanks in advance
No, Events that happen on the streaming platform happen there. there is no feedback to OBS about stream events, so there is no way to trigger a midi event currently.

vandenk

ah! well when building the plugin, when cloning the repo make sure to do git clone --recursive. to make sure you get RTMIDI17 as well

;) Well, I don't really intend to build it on the regular (or ever). But I thought I should do what I could to try to troubleshoot the problem I was having and since I do have some development experience, I gave it a try. If there's an installer option to ensure that the required VC++ redistributable package is installed on the target machine, I'd recommend that, as anyone that doesn't already happen to have it can't run your plug-in.

On a positive note, I've played with it a bit using my X-Touch Mini in MIDI mode and it's pretty awesome! Would love to see a button action for "transition" to make the preview live when using "studio mode". And I've found that removing the "note off" event that gets automatically added when pressing a button and setting my action on the "note_on" event works GREAT for everything else!

cpyarger

Yeah, I tend to use the xtouch editor to remap all the buttons as toggles. (: that way if I want I can toggle between two scenes with note on and off. Also, Then I can set note on and off to set scene, and it will automatically adjust the LED on status based on active scene (:

AtzinXD

no puedo instalar el Complemento, intenté Con Los Archivos ejecutables, y pegando directamente los Archivos en La ubicación, y en El Momento de Lanzar OBS EL Complemento no hay Aparece En Las Herramientas
me pareció muy bueno el complemento por que yo diseño hardware MIDI y la idea de poder utilizarlo en OBS me pareció genial

7on

Hey, I have two questions about this plugin.
Is it possible to control a stinger-scenetransition with the obs-midi plugin?
Is it possible to switch between all scenes (next scene & previous scene) with one Button?

Thanks for helping...

cpyarger

no puedo instalar el Complemento, intenté Con Los Archivos ejecutables, y pegando directamente los Archivos en La ubicación, y en El Momento de Lanzar OBS EL Complemento no hay Aparece En Las Herramientas
me pareció muy bueno el complemento por que yo diseño hardware MIDI y la idea de poder utilizarlo en OBS me pareció genial
Please create a new issue at the github issues page for the plugin and post a log file (: You can find the github issues page here https://github.com/Alzy/obs-midi/issues

cpyarger

Hey, I have two questions about this plugin.
Is it possible to control a stinger-scenetransition with the obs-midi plugin?
Is it possible to switch between all scenes (next scene & previous scene) with one Button?

Thanks for helping...
Not at the moment for either of them, I am working on a side project that will give much greater flexibility to both obs-midi and other control plugins though. Also, If you have any feature requests please post them at the github issues page here https://github.com/Alzy/obs-midi/issues

shaddowgg

Tried it with a Traktor Kontrol F1 and works perfectly Would like to see more options like being able to toggle sources as well as some type of Twitch chat integration. Keep up the good work

an2knee

Im excited about this. I have a Worlde easycontrol9 midi mixer. I can't seem to map all the buttons properly without OBS crashing. Hope you get a chance to keep developing this plugin :)