obs-midi

obs-midi 0.9.3-Alpha-3x

ShaneS

Ok... so this story gets even stranger.

I have run a bunch of tests. So I know that my midi controller is working with OBS. AND if i program a midi button in MidiShortcut, to just be a letter, that letter will be typed in OBS if i press the midi board, So OBS is hearing the Midi Board. HOWEVER, if i set a hotkey to be something like Control x within MidiShortcut, That button will not trigger anything inside OBS Unless i'm ALSO holding down the control button on the keyboard. However if i just have the midi button be X, and hold down the control button nothing happens.... BUT, with my midi shortcut set to Control X, if i am in the program and push my midi button to Set the Hot Key i want for the action i want, Control X becomes the hot key! so its reading that all that is happening..... Any ideas?

WaveSim

Hi guys, So thank you very much to make it! So a fantastic plugin for me.
BTW, I have a question regarding my controller xtouch mini which has one fader.
I would like to link it with the transition bar function and I think it can be a real video switcher. And it linked well.
However, it doesn't work as I predicted because the original bar works with PC.
So, at the end of the bar (midi value: about 100~110?) the scene was changed suddenly to replace the bar to the end of the right position.

Is it possible to do what I want?
I don't have any idea how to program it.

Thanks again.

enipklacus

OBS crashing when having two notes to one action (ie CC 59 & 58 -> toggle source visibility).

Attachments

• 2021-08-31 22-16-07.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 47
Will there be any further updates? I cannot seem to get the plug-in to save any bindings at all, which gets time consuming every time I pop open OBS for any shenanigans. I've found old config files from a previous version saved in the obs plug-in folders, yet the newer releases disregard that.

Thank you for making such as awesome plugin! :V

I figured out why plug-in failed to generate any config files! :D

The cause in my case was that my Scene Collection name was either too long, or had a character that the program did not like. Once I shortened the collection name, the .json files were finally created. Now every time OBS opens up, everything is already set up and ready to go!

GPMike

Hi! OBS-Midi is working well with the Akai APC Mini for controlling all the functions I need in OBS. Sadly, I'm not able to find support for LEDs. Is there any plans to include that at some point?

WaveSim

Thanks for your plugin.
I am using an old smartphone with a MIDI control app for this plugin and working well.
Now I can control many functions including all kinds of hotkeys. Great!!

mahnkiman

I hope you keep maintaining your plugin! I occasionally stream musical performances, and I use your plugin to change OBS scenes and the lighting in my studio during certain points of the songs I'm playing. Thanks for all the work so far!

EB123

this is one of the most helpful workflow plugins in OBS... hope it continues to be developed and get better.. OSC support alongside it would be great also :)

ortzcw22

The plugin looks great! Works with Liine Lemur on my iPad which is cool—lets me customize a switchboard for streaming.

BUT every time I close OBS, all of the settings in obs-midi get erased. It's something like 64 buttons for me, so just reinputting them isn't an option. Is there a setting or save button I'm missing somewhere?

Davide Leone

I love this plugin But I don't understand why the motorized faders don't work with the Behringer X Touch when I edit to osb (like a music source) with the mouse, i see that you ave an x-touch compact, how you set the tinghs to let it work like i've seen in your videos on yt.
and even the buttons do not light up when I press them, could you tell me why? would you save my life! hahaha

tractor

Pure Data and OBS together in Ubuntu via OBS-Midi?

Hello there and congrats on what looks like a really cool plug-in.
I'd like to hook up Pure Data (Pd-Vanilla) with OBS, both running on the same machine in Ubuntu 20.04, so that OBS could receive Midi commands generated from a Pd patch. I didn't install OBS Studio via snap, so hopefully the caveats about snap versions and ALSA permissions won't apply - here's my question: with OBS-Midi installed, should OBS show up in Aconnect as simply another Midi device that I can then connect?

tractor

Okay, now I wish I could delete my last post just above, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that here; I invite the moderators to do so if they are inclined... I posted prematurely: OBS-Midi talked straight away with Pure Data, it was an absolute breeze to set up, remembers all the settings on relaunching and reconnects independently with Pure Data every time. Phenomenal, so painless that I had to pinch myself a few times, coz I'm, you know, trying to keep my computing karma books balanced. Why can't all setting up be like this. Kudos to the coders. Top job respected sirs.

BelchingFemur

Hey just a heads up, I'm using the latest version of OBS for Windows, on Win10 21H1, with the latest version of this plugin (installed via the executable) and I'm not able disable a to MIDI controller within OBS. What happened was I enabled my M-Audio Oxygen 61 and set up a couple of controls - just to transition between two scenes - which is when I found out that this locks the midi controller out of my other application completely. So, since I have another midi controller to spare (a Traktor Kontrol S3), I deleted the mappings for my Oxygen 61, unchecked it's box in the OBS-Midi Settings window, and remapped my two controls to the Kontrol S3.

Unfortunately, whenever I open that OBS Midi Settings dialogue, though, my Oxygen 61's check box remains ticked, and it won't untick, no matter what I do. I can't edit code, so I'll have to just let you guys know this way. I figure that must count as a bug. Not sure if it's system/OS specific, but I just cannot untick the "Enable" box for this midi controller, OBS enables it every time.

For now this means I have to open my other application first, so it establishes control of the Oxygen 61. Then open OBS. It works, but it sure would be nice to be able to untick that box permanently, so that I can open OBS prior to opening my other application - but above all, so I can close and reopen my other application while using OBS.

khaver

Before installing your OBS-Midi plugin, I was able to show and hide OBS to the system tray by left clicking on the OBS icon in the system tray. Now after installing your plugin, when I right click on the OBS icon in the system tray, it will show it if it was hidden on startup, but when I right click again on the system tray icon, instead of minimizing, OBS stays open, but the preview turns off with a message and button saying "Preview is currently disabled", "Enable Preview".

Why would your plugin prevent hiding OBS to the system tray?

Nice plugin by the way. Better than "that other midi plugin" that uses an external program to translate the midi messages and sends commands to the websocket plugin. I like your self contained approach better.

I to would like to be able to remove other midi devices that are not needed in your plugin. I had a virtual midi device (Chameleon) installed when I first installed your plugin, subsequently uninstalled the device, but it still shows up in your plugin.

khaver

I to would like to be able to remove other midi devices that are not needed in your plugin. I had a virtual midi device (Chameleon) installed when I first installed your plugin, subsequently uninstalled the device, but it still shows up in your plugin.
Never mind. I had to use Device Manager to completely uninstall the driver. Once I did this, it no longer shows up in your device list.

I'd still like to know why your plugin stops OBS from minimizing to the system tray?

whitedrow

Hi,
i was trying to use the app with my mac.
I was able to connect my midi device with obs but with at least 3 crashes per click in the tool. Now that everything is configured, everytime i press key on my keyboard obs crashes. So, to be precise: Right now it doesn't really work on macs (I'm aware that it is mainly developed for win/linux).

So my questions are:
Is the plugin still under development?

And if not: how do I uninstall the app on my mac again?

thank you for your help

lcalder

OBS has been crashing upon exit since I upgraded to OBS v27.2.0 beta 2 and beta 3.
While inspecting the logs I notice that often the last thing listed is an entry like this:
17:21:11.312: [obs-midi] UNLOADING DEVICE MANAGER
I've attached some logs below.

I'm not sure if the crash is related or not.

Also, on an unrelated note, every time I launch OBS, I have to manually go toTools->OBS Midi Settings->Devices (I Select my midi device), ->Configure (tab)
then select my Control Change entry for SET SOURCE SCALE
-No values appear under Min and Max on the list for that entry, but my previously-entered values for Max X of (10) and Max Y of (10) are shown on the edit panel below.
-I click on SAVE EDITS without modifying anything else and then the Min and Max values on the list are updated to show 10 and 10.
After than my slider to control SOURCE SCALE works properly again....

If there is anything I can do to help with fixing this, please let me know.
Also, since this is such a useful plugin I am happy to donate to help with development costs. Please let me know how.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2022-01-21 17-20-12.txt
    41 KB · Views: 28
  • 2022-01-21 17-17-17.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 22
Am I totally missing this, or is it possible to set actions to enable / disable all sorts of functions, but you can only toggle sources?