Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

WaveSim:

Good News! UnPrepare the currently selected song is now completed for a next release. I also added the option to provide a valid filename for the title to prevent the encoding and then provide the actual title someplace in the lyric script with #T: new title. Your last request to offer a tree structure is a bit tougher. I am considering a "filter" option under the song directory to at least logically reduce the size of the selections to start. Options would be fixed genres, or maybe a "meta" tag option to the internal markup that allow multiple keywords to be specified in the filter. Praise, Worship, Gospel, Rap, Pop, Blues, Metal, Traditional, Hymn, Public-Domain, Licensed, Scripture, Responsive-Reading, and Other are examples. Probably not in the next release, but maybe an update in a month or so. Thanks for the suggestions.

D.C.

WaveSim

WaveSim:

Good News! UnPrepare the currently selected song is now completed for a next release. I also added the option to provide a valid filename for the title to prevent the encoding and then provide the actual title someplace in the lyric script with #T: new title. Your last request to offer a tree structure is a bit tougher. I am considering a "filter" option under the song directory to at least logically reduce the size of the selections to start. Options would be fixed genres, or maybe a "meta" tag option to the internal markup that allow multiple keywords to be specified in the filter. Praise, Worship, Gospel, Rap, Pop, Blues, Metal, Traditional, Hymn, Public-Domain, Licensed, Scripture, Responsive-Reading, and Other are examples. Probably not in the next release, but maybe an update in a month or so. Thanks for the suggestions.

D.C.
WoW, It sounds great!! So happy to get information about the further release.

WaveSim

Sorry for bothering you.
I have a big problem at my church's PC running OBS during service.
Lyric script can't read the song list from the folder. When I save a song then, it is saved well and I can see the file name on the list.
However, when I open OBS again, all song titles are disappeared from the song directory pull down list.
Also, after clicking the refresh on the scrip window, it happen again. also default button too.
You can see the screen capture that there're many files in the directory however, we can't see those lists in the dropdown list.
What can I do?
I have four PCs running OBS. this is the only one having this bug.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    405.4 KB · Views: 44

WaveSim

Sorry for bothering you.
I have a big problem at my church's PC running OBS during service.
Lyric script can't read the song list from the folder. When I save a song then, it is saved well and I can see the file name on the list.
However, when I open OBS again, all song titles are disappeared from the song directory pull down list.
Also, after clicking the refresh on the scrip window, it happen again. also default button too.
You can see the screen capture that there're many files in the directory however, we can't see those lists in the dropdown list.
What can I do?
I have four PCs running OBS. this is the only one having this bug.
I think I need to change the song folder to the root since the path has Korean.
Can I change the default folder?

DCStrato

Right now files get stored wherever the environment variable USERPROFILE is pointing, plus .config/.obs_lyrics.

D.C.

DCStrato

It is probably an issue with Unicode in OBS lua (not supported). Try running this version and report what is shown in the script log. Thanks

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 36

WaveSim

Right now files get stored wherever the environment variable USERPROFILE is pointing, plus .config/.obs_lyrics.

D.C.
I think so. So now I changed my default home directory using the OS sysdm.cpl app to any path which doesn't have any Korean character through the path. I will add this tip for Korean users.

WaveSim

I have solved two issues.
For the not reading the folder, I changed the home folder by using sysdm.cpl.
For the not working for the title by show/hide function, I have set the hotkey for the source.
Thanks.

WaveSim

Sorry
It is probably an issue with Unicode in OBS lua (not supported). Try running this version and report what is shown in the script log. Thanks

[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] 64KY7J2YIOyCtuydmCDqsrDsnbQgLeuniOy7pOyKpA==.enc
[lyrics.lua] 7JiI7IiY.enc
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] Prepared.dat
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1 - 복사본.txt
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt

WaveSim

Sorry

[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt
[lyrics.lua] .
[lyrics.lua] ..
[lyrics.lua] Monitor.htm
[lyrics.lua] NO1.txt
Is it possible not to change the file format? I think we can try the default encoding option for Korean.
The only problem is not to recognize the file names on the file explorer.
If possible, I can manage the files by making sub folders on the file explorer

Thanks a lot as always!

WaveSim

I tried to set the hot key to hide title by same hot key(ctrl-H)
However, it didn't work as I expected.
It depended on the initial state of the tile source. So, I dropped this idea now.
I need your effort to add this function as well.
Also, it would be great if you add the hide some specific sources because we add some background color bar for the lyrics and titles which are related to the hide function.
Hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks always!!!
Best regards,
Wave

DCStrato

Yes the current lyrics hot key toggles the hide/show state of Lyrics, or title and lyrics (if linked).
Can you explain further your use case? How do you expect titles, lyrics, alternate lyrics and static text to be visible or not visible in the currently active scene?
I am not sure I know what you mean about color sources. You can probably set separate hotkeys for those in OBS settings.

DC

WaveSim

Yes the current lyrics hot key toggles the hide/show state of Lyrics, or title and lyrics (if linked).
Can you explain further your use case? How do you expect titles, lyrics, alternate lyrics and static text to be visible or not visible in the currently active scene?
I am not sure I know what you mean about color sources. You can probably set separate hotkeys for those in OBS settings.

DC
At first, I can't check the option 'only show the title and static text with lyrics; because it makes a lot error popups. I think it would happen when there's no lyrics to show.:

[lyrics.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...tudio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lyrics.lua:729: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)

I usually make a set for lyrics with text source for lyrics and title text source for title and color bars for their background.
These are for the lyric so I want to hide/show function for all of them by one hot key.

Here's my idea:
1. set the option: hide/show related sources.
2. set the number how many sources are affected by this option.
3. show the drop down list bars as much as the user set before
4. select the source that the user wants to act from every drop-down bar.

Thanks !!!

DCStrato

At first, I can't check the option 'only show the title and static text with lyrics; because it makes a lot error popups. I think it would happen when there's no lyrics to show.:

[lyrics.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...tudio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lyrics.lua:729: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)

I usually make a set for lyrics with text source for lyrics and title text source for title and color bars for their background.
These are for the lyric so I want to hide/show function for all of them by one hot key.

Here's my idea:
1. set the option: hide/show related sources.
2. set the number how many sources are affected by this option.
3. show the drop down list bars as much as the user set before
4. select the source that the user wants to act from every drop-down bar.

Thanks !!!
Ok I think I understand. You have a color bar behind the lyrics that you want to control along with the lyric text source. So just as we allow you to link static and title text to optionally appear with lyrics, you would want a possible list of other sources selectable to join with them. I think this is a great idea, and will look to see how much effort it will take to include it in our next release that is nearly completed. If it looks like it will cause too many issues then it might need to wait for a future update. My instinct is that because we already have the "linked" logic, that it could be tied to this that the effort should be minimal. It will probably be all or none however with whatever is in the list. FYI, most of the issues you are seeing now have already been addressed in the upcoming major release.

DC

WaveSim

Ok I think I understand. You have a color bar behind the lyrics that you want to control along with the lyric text source. So just as we allow you to link static and title text to optionally appear with lyrics, you would want a possible list of other sources selectable to join with them. I think this is a great idea, and will look to see how much effort it will take to include it in our next release that is nearly completed. If it looks like it will cause too many issues then it might need to wait for a future update. My instinct is that because we already have the "linked" logic, that it could be tied to this that the effort should be minimal. It will probably be all or none however with whatever is in the list. FYI, most of the issues you are seeing now have already been addressed in the upcoming major release.

DC
Great!!!!
I have seen some similar scripts for OBS, however, yours is best for this specific dedicated purpose. Made a youtube clip already regarding this script. And going to make a video clip more introducing how to set and use. I think it would be better after releasing your new version.
As I mentioned before, I am struggling to use the link option so far.

So excited to consider my suggestion and you guys already have done all issues I confront!!!

Thanks a lot D.C and guys!

DCStrato

Yes, please wait for any video efforts. I plan to do a short intro video but nothing too extensive. Users with specific use cases are better at doing targeted instruction. The new version is a bit different in looks, with the same basic functionality and a few extras. FYI, I am almost done adding your suggestions to the new release. Amirchev worked to clean up and refactor the basic script functions over the last month, while I worked on improving the User Interface and adding some additional capabilities. The ease in adding your suggestions is confirmation that new ideas and additions are now much easier to entertain with the new script which at last count is now over 2500 lines of Lua code. :) It should be available very soon, hopefully with updated documentation. Your instructional videos will be very much appreciated! Are you interested in helping us test the new release?

DC

WaveSim

Yes, please wait for any video efforts. I plan to do a short intro video but nothing too extensive. Users with specific use cases are better at doing targeted instruction. The new version is a bit different in looks, with the same basic functionality and a few extras. FYI, I am almost done adding your suggestions to the new release. Amirchev worked to clean up and refactor the basic script functions over the last month, while I worked on improving the User Interface and adding some additional capabilities. The ease in adding your suggestions is confirmation that new ideas and additions are now much easier to entertain with the new script which at last count is now over 2500 lines of Lua code. :) It should be available very soon, hopefully with updated documentation. Your instructional videos will be very much appreciated! Are you interested in helping us test the new release?

DC
Sure! why not?
It is my honor to be a beta tester!

WaveSim

One more thing to ask..
Would you put the hammer box to the bottom?
I think the user interface would be at the top to make it easy to control.