Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

Sorry, not at this time. For now the comments in the lyrics text are just ignored as communication to editors and not viewers. This script is very large and complex at the moment so I don't expect many more additions for a while.

Neferpitou

Sorry, not at this time. For now the comments in the lyrics text are just ignored as communication to editors and not viewers. This script is very large and complex at the moment so I don't expect many more additions for a while.

Yes sure! On the other hand, u guys are doing such a big help on us. And all of this for free. Thank you so much

WaveSim

WoW, finally got the dock for this plugin!!. Great!
I just want to ask one thing about this dock. When I hide the lyrics, also the 'current Page' row disappears. I usually use the hide function for moving to the specific lyric, however, I can't know where I am when I hide lyrics.
So, I think when I hide lyrics, would you change only the color for current lyrics on the dock from green to red or any other color?
So we can recognize whether the lyrics are displayed or hidden.

WaveSim

WoW, finally got the dock for this plugin!!. Great!
I just want to ask one thing about this dock. When I hide the lyrics, also the 'current Page' row disappears. I usually use the hide function for moving to the specific lyric, however, I can't know where I am when I hide lyrics.
So, I think when I hide lyrics, would you change only the color for current lyrics on the dock from green to red or any other color?
So we can recognize whether the lyrics are displayed or hidden.
One more thing to fix: 'reset to song start'
When I click this function, the lyrics seem to move to the first however, it is not shown on the screen and when I click next then the second lyrics appear on the screen. It should work like 'reset to first song', I think. it works well that shows the first song as soon as I click.

DCStrato

Sorry about the new bugs. This code version is way overdue for a refactor that is in progress but not yet completed. I put these patches in for you and hopefully didn't introduce any new issues. Background of current and alt text in monitor turns red if currently hidden.

D.C.

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 34

WaveSim

Sorry about the new bugs. This code version is way overdue for a refactor that is in progress but not yet completed. I put these patches in for you and hopefully didn't introduce any new issues. Background of current and alt text in monitor turns red if currently hidden.

D.C.
Great!!! Thanks a lot!!
I will check it later!

WaveSim

Great!!! Thanks a lot!!
I will check it later!
WoW!!! Perfect!
It works great and the bug is also fixed regarding 'reset to song start' as well.

Also, I tested if I can use two scripts at the same time to separate the song lyrics and bible verses. And it is possible too.
And the dock also works like expected.
Thanks!!!

DCStrato

The lyrics script was designed to only work if the target text objects were active. This should allow you to use the same hotkeys in both scripts with different target text objects for lyrics and scripture. I have not tried two scripts but glad it works! If you have python installed for OBS, you can also use this script for downloading and formatting scripture. It is also posted on OBS.

Attachments

• Scripture.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 27

WaveSim

The lyrics script was designed to only work if the target text objects were active. This should allow you to use the same hotkeys in both scripts with different target text objects for lyrics and scripture. I have not tried two scripts but glad it works! If you have python installed for OBS, you can also use this script for downloading and formatting scripture. It is also posted on OBS.
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I can make hotkeys for each scripts.So It works as I expected. BTW, I am so sorry for your scripture script because it only works for English bible however, I need Korean. It looks great when I check the interface which is exactly what I need.

DCStrato

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I can make hotkeys for each scripts.So It works as I expected. BTW, I am so sorry for your scripture script because it only works for English bible however, I need Korean. It looks great when I check the interface which is exactly what I need.
I am doing some work to support bible.com which offers more language versions in addition to helping Amirchev with a refactored version of Lyrics. Next month I should have more free time to complete some of these projects.

D.C.

WaveSim

I am doing some work to support bible.com which offers more language versions in addition to helping Amirchev with a refactored version of Lyrics. Next month I should have more free time to complete some of these projects.

D.C.
Great!!! Today, I even studied python scripts to crow the Korean bible. However, it's beyond my ability, so sad. Thanks for your effort to support foreign languages like us. Anyway, I am now making a youtube clip to introduce this script in Korean.

WaveSim

Found one more bug. Would you hide the song title also like lyric? When I hide Lyrics, the title still remains on the screen. I think it should be affected by the hide function as well.

WaveSim

I have uploaded the video clip captured regarding the opening folder function.
I can't open the folder on two PCs.
What should I do for it?

WaveSim

I have two suggestions:
1. Would you make a tree structure for the song list? Can't imagine how to select the songs from hundreds of songs as time goes by. We need any method for it.
2. PLZ make a function or button to erase one by one from the prepared songs list. Also the function for editing the list order to change the order.
Also, it would be good to select the prepared songs by just clicking the song name as the song directory button.

DCStrato

WE can certainly look at some form of tree or category structure, but again OBS is limiting with just a script. I think we can add a delete currently selected song from the prepared list feature. As for auto prepare, that would lose the ability to preview a song without preparing it, but maybe that option is less important.
Found one more bug. Would you hide the song title also like lyric? When I hide Lyrics, the title still remains on the screen. I think it should be affected by the hide function as well.
did you check the box "Only show title and static text with lyrics"? This should link the Title and Static text objects to hide with text.

WaveSim

WE can certainly look at some form of tree or category structure, but again OBS is limiting with just a script. I think we can add a delete currently selected song from the prepared list feature. As for auto prepare, that would lose the ability to preview a song without preparing it, but maybe that option is less important.

did you check the box "Only show title and static text with lyrics"? This should link the Title and Static text objects to hide with text.
oops.. that option works for the title issue. However, it makes a bug at the end of the last lyric.
Both clicking and hotkey.
"
[lyrics.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...tudio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lyrics.lua:730: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
[lyrics.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...tudio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lyrics.lua:730: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
[lyrics.lua] Failed to call button_prop_clicked for button_prop_clicked: ...tudio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lyrics.lua:730: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
"

WaveSim

Regarding the tree structure, My thinking is to add the folder selection box above the song selection box. Then, I can use any folder for that show.

WaveSim

Would you support Korean for the song title?
Attached screen shot for it.
Can't read Korea on title and lyrics too.
Also, the song files' extensions are changed to .enc from .txt when it contains Korean charactors.

Attachments

• image (8).png
    image (8).png
    403.1 KB · Views: 30

DCStrato

The script uses the title as the filename which is often not a valid filename. So the enc files get created to encode the Korean (or any invalid character) title to a valid filename for the song. That gets decoded back to Korean when it loads. I will look at the hotkey bug and see if I can do a minor hotfix, but we should have a new version posted soon and may choose to just wait for that to release. The current script is old and a bit hard to change even something small without the risk of breaking something else. :)

D.C.