OBS Just won't work

HankHokage

I started using OBS to record videos (again) but now I'm running into more issues than when I started the first time. When I installed OBS on my laptop it was set up and go. Now it's a LOT more complicated than that.
Issue 1: Audio. OBS picks up my Mic, Discord and desktop audio, but only records the first 2. What's up with that?
Issue 2: Display. It will no longer record my display. It'll show up on the preview like it's working fine, but when I click "Start Recording" and then "Stop Recording" (Given there is time in between) there is no video.
Last night I recorded a video (Which I have since deleted for issues I have fixed) without the display issue, but when I went to the discord for the audio issue I was given instructions to follow because I use a laptop. (Dell G3 15 2019 edition) When I followed the instructions that's when the display issue started. I've tried all of the display capture options (Game Capture, Display Capture, Window Capture, etc.) and none of them work. I record in MP4 because I want to edit the videos.

Here are my laptop specs and settings in OBS:
Dell G3 15: Core i7 9750H, GTX 1660Ti Max-Q
Headphones: Arctis 5 gaming

Settings:
Output:
1595185085437.png

Audio:

1595185113873.png

Video:
1595185132995.png

I brought these issues to the discord and when I said that the solutions I was given didn't work I was patronized for no apparent reason. Can anyone here help me? If you need more info you can text me on Discord at Pope Thanos#9072. If I don't respond right away please don't spam me.

qhobbes

HankHokage

Misunderstood the post sorry. I don't know how to delete this one but I made a new post with the log file

Don't worry these fools here don't know what they are doing. Most people here are all in the dark. Walking around like zombies pretending they see the light. :)

qhobbes

@HankHokage if you have not done so already, please read over this

If you are still having issues, post a log link per original post and/or use Log Analyzer.

HankHokage

If you are still having issues, post a log link per original post and/or use Log Analyzer.
Thank you but I have already tried that. I fixed the video on my own now it's just the audio issue now. I use multiple audio tracks but when I record the only audio that doesn't record is the desktop audio yet OBS can tell audio is coming from the desktop.

HankHokage

I already tried this and it didn't work. Also I did that but for some reason it still needs to be approved.