Question / Help OBS/ElgatoHD60s/OBS link dropping stream audio randomly also zero chat audio

Johnnyjones

What’s up everyone new here so bare with me. I just purchased an Elgato hd 60 s to use with my PS4 on OBS to stream my gameplay. After hooking everything up I tested my new setup with a recorded stream, not an actual live stream. When playing the recorded stream back I noticed almost right away my in game audio and chat would crackle and drop all PS4 audio then a few minutes later crackle and bring the audio back in. Over the course of a 12 minute stream this happened 4 times with the longest loss being around 2 minutes of no game audio. Looking at the mixer on OBS associated with the obs link/Elgato you can also see when the audio stops and comes back. I’m using a PlayStation 4, Elgato hd60s, chat link cable and Mac running the latest software. I’ve done everything every thread or YouTube video has said to do, everything is connected properly and other then this works fine. Could this be a chat link wire issue? Obs link issue? Elgato issue? Thanks for any advice.

Narcogen

Since you're using OBS Link, you should have the NDI plugin for OBS installed, as well as its runtime.

I would monitor the NDI feed from OBS link with the NDI Monitor application and see if that feed suffers the same problem.

If it does, the issue is with OBS Link or the Elgato itself.

If the NDI feed is clean, but your recordings have this issue, then the problem is with OBS.

Include a log file if you have a problem: here's how

Johnnyjones

Hi thanks for the response. I’m running the Elgato through/with obs link into obs in order to see it within the program. All my equipment is brand new and just installed a few days ago, since I have been monitoring the NDI feed in obs and you can tell when the audio lags out and drops all together because the green bar on the mixer for that source shows it. I then go into my recording of that session and confirm my audio begins to lag at first then a total drop for a few minutes then lags back in and repeats randomly. I believe it’s a OBS or OBS LINK software issue because the audio doesn’t do this when you try using the Elgato game capture HD software.

I will add in a log file once I get home from work.

Narcogen

Monitoring the NDI feed in OBS will not tell you whether the problem is in OBS or OBS Link. You need to monitor the feed in a separate program.

If you can see/hear the issue when viewing the NDI feed in NDI monitor, then the problem is with the Elgato's input into OBS Link, or OBS Link's output to OBS.

If you don't see or hear the issue while using NDI monitor, then the problem can be with OBS or the OBS NDI plugin.

Once again:

Include a log file if you have a problem: here's how

DRymez

@Johnnyjones @Narcogen Have you found a solution for this? I’m having exactly the same issue with streamlabs, obs link and ps4. Using an Elgato HD60s. After a few minutes all audio cuts out of the NDI source, video still works fine.
Hi mate,

Having the same issue too, it only started happening a few days ago, I play call of duty warzone.

Have you manages to fix it?

Hi everybody,

I have a completely different configuration, a very simple one, but I'm experiment random audio loss in recording my voice:

Could it be the same issue?

Johnnyjones

Sorry y’all, I have found no fix to this issue what so ever. I’ve searched every thread, YouTube video and google site I could. I’ve contacted elgato but no response, I’ve tried contacting obs as well. I believe this is an obs link issue. My audio works just fine when I use another software to stream and record, it only drops in obs or stream labs obs on Mac. I’ve been using the elgato game capture software as my streaming software to stream to Facebook. No issues.

DRymez

Sorry y’all, I have found no fix to this issue what so ever. I’ve searched every thread, YouTube video and google site I could. I’ve contacted elgato but no response, I’ve tried contacting obs as well. I believe this is an obs link issue. My audio works just fine when I use another software to stream and record, it only drops in obs or stream labs obs on Mac. I’ve been using the elgato game capture software as my streaming software to stream to Facebook. No issues.
So you dont think its an Elgato situation at all? Have you tried different buffer rates and bit rates?

Johnnyjones

So you dont think its an Elgato situation at all? Have you tried different buffer rates and bit rates?
No I’m fairly confident the issue isn’t with elgato at all. I say that because I can both stream and record on elgatos game capture software using the hd 60s with no issues. The issue only happens when I try to stream and record on obs or Streamlabs obs.

DRymez

No I’m fairly confident the issue isn’t with elgato at all. I say that because I can both stream and record on elgatos game capture software using the hd 60s with no issues. The issue only happens when I try to stream and record on obs or Streamlabs obs.
Yeah ive been using it on Streamlabs all this time and no issue, and now its happening all of a sudden its very weird.

I use OBS to record a lot of my streaming content. Ive just re installed my NDI source and OBS link and still no issue.

Is it working perfectly fine on Game capture?

Johnnyjones

Elgatos streaming software is pretty good, but
Yeah ive been using it on Streamlabs all this time and no issue, and now its happening all of a sudden its very weird.

I use OBS to record a lot of my streaming content. Ive just re installed my NDI source and OBS link and still no issue.

Is it working perfectly fine on Game capture?

Yes all works fine in game capture software. I’ve also deleted and reinstalled obs link, ndi source as well as obs but still the same. Unfortunately the issue only happens when using obs I would much rather use obs and stream labs obs as it is much more customizable and user friendly. Game capture does the job but lacks in some areas. It’s unfortunate and hopefully there’s a fix soon.

DRymez

I really hope they find a fix for this man, its killing me. It was all good a few days ago? I wonder what happened, I don't know if its an OBS problem or an NDI problem. NDI have a website NDI.NEWTEK.COM. Im gonna keep working on this till we find a fix dude. I much prefer OBS than game capture.

OBS_Cowboy

Im in the same boat. USB 2 guitar cable. works until it doesnt then i get TONS of static. Have to close/re-open OBS to fix it. Very frustrating! Being as the static is also in the local recorded video file, can we assume Catalina is to blame? And how can we get Apples attention on this? Apparently theres a thread in MacRumors about newer Macs and USB 2 issues also. May be what this is for all of us?

Johnnyjones

I personally think it’s an obs link issue. When I disable and reenable obs link it works for a bit then happens again. But if I use a program like elgatos game capture us software to record or stream, everything’s perfect.