OBS crashes during stream, 6 months and no answer!!

sunnyboyle

Hello! I feel like I'm going crazy. I've been trying almost everything I read in these forums and yet I can barely go through a single stream on Twitch without several crashes.
What happens is that the Bitrate on my StreamManager on Twitch will go from glowing green to grey abruptly and OBS is frozen. I have to manually end the program in Task Manager and start it up again. I use StreamElements and have deleted SElive due to that being something mentioned. I have hundreds upon hundreds of SE errors in my log files and I cannot get rid of them. I reached out to StreamElements and they said to run a different version of OBS, but that didn't solve it either. There is no other issue with streaming other than this. I got little to no latency, good quality, can run pretty much any game and I have never experienced a red Bitrate.

For context: I streamed for 10 months without a crash with my exact same PC, network and SE setup. Then, unfortunately, I got a virus and I reset my PC to factory settings. After that, the crashing started. I updated my network card, other drivers, I make sure it's using the right graphics card. Me and my moderators have been troubleshooting since October and I'm at my wits end at this point.

Here is a crash that happened yesterday,:

ANY knowledge about why this is happening would be greatly appreciated, it has become the bane of my streaming existence...

deFrisselle

That's not a crash log Nothing stands out in the OBS log other than your Firewall is known to cause issues Looks like StreamElements is being naughty in their web overlays that it's triggering the browser source security

sunnyboyle

That's not a crash log Nothing stands out in the OBS log other than your Firewall is known to cause issues Looks like StreamElements is being naughty in their web overlays that it's triggering the browser source security

Hiya! This is the log file that has the timestamp of the OBS freeze in it, however it might not be logged as a "crash" since it is still open. It just doesn't respond anymore and the livestream will freeze. I have been in the firewall to make sure it accepts the software, so don't know why that's still showing up. However, me and my mods have been doing further digging today - might be the obs-browser.dll. What we've done now is uninstalled and re-installed through Steam instead. Ran two recordings switching through Stream Elements scenes and didn't get a single error like in these logfiles. Wether or not that was causing the "crash" is yet unknown. Can't test until I go live - so will see this week if the issue is resolved... Hopefully..