OBS Crash when attempting to Pop-out Audio Mixer

chr5_

I recently have wanted to change up my OBS layout for whenever I am streaming and I decided it would be best to to pop-out my audio mixer and put it at the bottom of the monitor so I can see all of my sources in one window. However, When popping it out of OBS it instantly hard crashes.

The add-ons I utilize for OBS are Aitum (Vertical Layout) and The Multiple Output addon to simul-stream to other platforms. I am not sure what could be causing this bug since I am not terribly versed in OBS code and how to interpret it.

I have included the crash file in case it helps in understanding where the crash is coming from. It leads to an unhandled exception in a .dll file in my OBS bin but I have no idea what it is attached to. Any assistance would be a huge help!

-Chris a.k.a Chr5_

Attachments

• Crash 2024-04-30 23-53-58.txt
    150 KB · Views: 8

Suslik V

It is crash inside Qt libs that drawing UI of OBS. How often it crashes? Can you provide step by step instructions to reproduce the issue on developer's PC (what is active, where you clicking/dragging etc)? If developers be able to reproduce the crash on theirs end, there is chance that a solution will be found.

chr5_

It crashes anytime i attempt to pop-out the window. The step by step is as follows:

1. Open OBS
2. Wait for all addons and docks to load
3. Click or Drag Audio mixer out to make it its own window
4. OBS freezes
5. Presents crash information window for ~3 seconds before force-closing OBS

I don't do any other actions outside of this.

Suslik V

Here is almost similar issue, same thread sequence that leads to crash (run OBS as admin was proposed as workaround):
Maybe it will help you too.

chr5_

Here is almost similar issue, same thread sequence that leads to crash (run OBS as admin was proposed as workaround):
Maybe it will help you too.
Thank you for updating me
I thought I had already assigned "launch as admin" to OBS but it turns out I did not. I was able to undock the Audio Mixer whilst OBS was launched as Admin.