OBS Capture Card Preview and Stream Stutter

RottenPinky

Hello Everyone.

Recently I've noticed that during certain parts of certain games (I'm currently playing Doom Eternal) that my preview is stuttering. OBS says I'm streaming/recording at 60 FPS, but both the stream and the preview doesn't feel like it. As far as I'm aware, it's only happening on my capture card source, but not on my Webcam which also is 60 FPS and it appears both on stream and preview just fine.

The capture card I'm using is an ASUS TUF CU4K30 and I'm playing on a 1440p@144 hz display.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm including a log URL in case anyone can help me.

Thank you.

PaiSand

Remove all the plugins you don't use.
If you're using SE.live, contact them for support. This version of SE.live isn't a plugin as it changes core components of OBS making it a fork of OBS. For OBS 28 they removed all this changes and made it a true plugin without this issues.
You can uninstall SE.Live, then uninstall OBS and reinstall it in order to fix the changes. You can download OBS 27.2.4 from the previous releases download link in the download section.
Then you can add custom docks adding the SE docks (chat, activity) linking to each app in their site. Yes, SE.live isn't needed at all.

Also:
The slow network connection is related to the network cable you're using. You need a cat6 cable.

RottenPinky

I uninstalled all of my plugins and even SE.live, and even tried a fresh install of OBS 28 and adding only my capture card as a source to no success. However, I found the culprit to be a faulty HDMI cable. Anyway, at this point I might as well stay with OBS 28 LOL.

Thanks!