OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Stilgarius

@Benman2785
Nevermind, the problem is back.
I have both problems again even when i "record" my desktop only without any apps turned on.
Maybe it can be my old HDD problem? Because this disk run game and record gameplay on same disk, maybe its too much for him and he "lags" everything else?
My "VCE" is too slow... It was ok for like 4 months and now i have this error at same settings in same games

Last edited:

Benman2785

@Benman2785
Nevermind, the problem is back.
I have both problems again even when i "record" my desktop only without any apps turned on.
Maybe it can be my old HDD problem? Because this disk run game and record gameplay on same disk, maybe its too much for him and he "lags" everything else?
My "VCE" is too slow... It was ok for like 4 months and now i have this error at same settings in same games

yeah maybe its because of your HDD - try to save on a different drive and tell us if the problem is back // maybe check if you have the 100% HDD Windows bug

Stilgarius

Hmm...
Im testing a lot of settings right now and I think that I found something interesting.
When i change encoder to x264 I can easily record everything on this HDD. Of course I lose more FPS than VCE but at least I can record something.
Maybe it's my GPU problem now? Its funny, because my new GPU is 1 month old :p
Im going to order new HDD for recording only at monday and gonna test if it will be better.

Benman2785

EDIT:

u use a R9 380 -> its GCN 1.2 so you should be able to capture 4k30 with that card
just the Fury's are better for VCE

EDIT 2:

so that shouldnt be the problem (hdd) - pls send @jackun an email so he can react // that seems to be a problem where i cant help you

Last edited:

Stilgarius

@Benman2785
Thanks for trying to help :)
Do You have any contact with jackun? He was last online 5 may.

I think I gonna buy new CPU and record with x264, and maybe in year or so gonna buy rx 480x when out and try VCE again ^^

jackun

Developer
What driver do you have? I've seen some weird errors/fails/bugs with new drivers (16.*) personally. Can't even do monitor capture without everything starting to spazz out, smh but that might be win10 itself.

jackun

Developer
2016-06-12 [win32] [win64] Fix possible stack corruption in 32bit build (or atleast try to :P).

@Stilgarius one log you posted, you had monitor capture enabled. That's veeery slow in Win7, have you tried without it?
Other than that, IIRC there was someone else with 280/380 that had this weird slowness, if you can find his posts in the 137 pages here, but I don't know if he got it fixed.

Stilgarius

@jackun
I downloaded new OBS but I have this problem now:
fsbMeCc.png

jackun

Developer
Which bitness? Paste some logs ;)
I think I just got that, after BF4 caused my PC to crash, but then it started working again, ugh.
Also, wtf B-frames cause bitrate to sky-rocket, oh god this weirdness (E: also with Cat 15.11.1).

Last edited:

Stilgarius

Right now I cant even go to settings -> encoding ^^ I cant choose "AMD VCE" option. This new fix is bugged for me :p

Attachments

• 2016-06-12-1213-55.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Stilgarius

64 bit.
I did everything :p Nothing work.
I'm going to buy avermedia and use it as encoder to OBS, I think its cheapest way right now to have good FPS and quality.

jackun

Developer
Pfft, I fixed debug build scripts and then packaging script copied debug AMF dlls into installer packages, but that needs debug msvc runtimes so ofcourse it doesn't work on non-dev machines. Re-download from OP.

Last edited:

TheGlow

I was looking for an alternative to Win10 Game DVR and tried this. Not sure but on an r9 380. I tried this version twice set to VCE and it crashed my pc. I switched back to regular version on x264 and its been fine.
Am I missing something?

jackun

Developer
Yeah, it likes to do that sometimes unfortunately. If you're on Win8 or Win10 as Dx11 doesn't support NV12 texture format on Win7, you can try enabling custom settings. Check "Disable D3D/Opencl interop" so that OpenCL is not used and set engine type to DX11. For some reason OpenCL forces GPU clocks to max even if it's downclocked.