OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Benman2785

@Tastefulavenger
1080p60 with speed settings -> untick use CBR and use 8-10 as QP with minimum 25000kbps -> maybe try settings i showed on the last pages for GOP, IDR and I Pic Period (but on Speed settings)

@Kubaks
use the settings i provided (last 3 pages) for 720p30
u should have in mind that Overwatch may look better in 720p60 or 720p48 but then u need 3500kbps as video-bitrate

twitch ONLY ALLOWS 3500kbps as max bitrate (with max 4,5-4,8k kbps peaks) - so you CANT set more

Tastefulavenger

@Tastefulavenger
1080p60 with speed settings -> untick use CBR and use 8-10 as QP with minimum 25000kbps -> maybe try settings i showed on the last pages for GOP, IDR and I Pic Period (but on Speed settings)

@Kubaks
use the settings i provided (last 3 pages) for 720p30
u should have in mind that Overwatch may look better in 720p60 or 720p48 but then u need 3500kbps as video-bitrate

twitch ONLY ALLOWS 3500kbps as max bitrate (with max 4,5-4,8k kbps peaks) - so you CANT set more

Wait when you say uncheck use cbr you meant in the encoding tab and vce tab and, just use constrained qp? If so how do i set the 8-10?

Benman2785

Wait when you say uncheck use cbr you meant in the encoding tab and vce tab and, just use constrained qp? If so how do i set the 8-10?

i just "paint"ed a picture for you ;)
1. yellow
2. red
tastefulavenger_01.jpg

CATALINTEREC

First i want to say hello to everyone.
I came here to ask you guys if you can help me with settings for obs using amd vce branch because every time i tried settinga i couldn't manage to get a nice smooth recording or i'd get a very low quality recording even with 1080p selected.
If you can help me it would be much apreciated.
Specs:
Amd x4 860k quad core
4gb ram
R7 250X 1gb gddr 5
Upload speed is at 6 mb/s

Benman2785

Amd x4 860k quad core
4gb ram
R7 250X 1gb gddr 5
Upload speed is at 6 mb/s

what do you want to do? streaming or local recording?
the R7 250X is an GCN 1.0 card - so it can capture up to 1080p60

if you want to stream check out the settings i postet on the last 3-4 pages

for local recording we will also find nice settings for you

btw you could need more ram (8gb) - and maybe consider buying a RX480 when its released

CATALINTEREC

@Benman2785 I want to record pc gameplay for example cs:go when i try to rec at 1080p 60fps my in game fps drops from 190 to 30 wich i don't think it's ok :)
In terms of ram i ordered 2 hyperX savage 8gb memory stcicks so i think 16 gb will be enough.
Thanks for your reply so if you can help me woth the recording setti gs i would be grateful.
Thanks and cheers to everybody
:)

Benman2785

@CATALINTEREC

1. you have to understand that AMD VCE takes some load on your GPU (based on used settings) -> due to the fact your GPU isnt that strong you should reduce game-quality
2. do you want to stream on twitch or simply record?

i asume you will stream CS:GO on twitch.tv

a) setup bitrate for 720p60 like this // maybe use 128 as audio-bitrate
OBS_VCE_codec_settings.jpg

b) set resolution (not like here) -> you should set your base-resolution you play in and then downscale to 1280x720 AND choose 60 FPS
OBS_VCE_video_settings.jpg

c)set AMD VCE Encoder exact to this
OBS_VCE_encoder_60FPS_IPP6.jpg

if you still get framedrops we will reduce your capture-fps to 48 and have to change GOP, IDR Period & I Pic Period

if you just want to record local and maybe upload to yt i will provide other settings ;)

ps your video will look like http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/IPP6.mp4 (but its only 720p30)
pps with your card i wont capture 1080p anyway - maybe in old games or emulators

Last edited:

CATALINTEREC

@Benman2785 I tried your settings for livestream and it works very good except at each 10 seconds or so the stream buffers a lot.
My upload is 6 mb/sec would this be the issue?
And when i tried to rec with these settings it worked fine but the video looked like it was in 360p not in 720p like your example wich was crisp and good looking.or can we find better recording settings because i am assuming those were the livestream settings

lazy_g123

@CATALINTEREC

1. you have to understand that AMD VCE takes some load on your GPU (based on used settings) -> due to the fact your GPU isnt that strong you should reduce game-quality
2. do you want to stream on twitch or simply record?

i asume you will stream CS:GO on twitch.tv

a) setup bitrate for 720p60 like this // maybe use 128 as audio-bitrate
OBS_VCE_codec_settings.jpg

b) set resolution (not like here) -> you should set your base-resolution you play in and then downscale to 1280x720 AND choose 60 FPS
OBS_VCE_video_settings.jpg

c)set AMD VCE Encoder exact to this
OBS_VCE_encoder_60FPS_IPP6.jpg

if you still get framedrops we will reduce your capture-fps to 48 and have to change GOP, IDR Period & I Pic Period

if you just want to record local and maybe upload to yt i will provide other settings ;)

ps your video will look like http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/IPP6.mp4 (but its only 720p30)
pps with your card i wont capture 1080p anyway - maybe in old games or emulators
Thank you very much Benman

Benman2785

@Benman2785 I tried your settings for livestream and it works very good except at each 10 seconds or so the stream buffers a lot.
My upload is 6 mb/sec would this be the issue?
And when i tried to rec with these settings it worked fine but the video looked like it was in 360p not in 720p like your example wich was crisp and good looking.or can we find better recording settings because i am assuming those were the livestream settings

please upload a video (not youtube but webspace) so i can see what you mean // we can also "meet up" so i can watch your stream
6mbit should be enough for that (5mbit should be peak - so 1mbit left for game) -> we can try 720p30 with 2500kbps to check this

ps with that settings your video should look good in 720p // but if you dont lifestream you can to choose quality without CBR and higher bitrate (720p60 = min12000 // 1080p60 = min25000)

Benman2785

@CATALINTEREC

here you have CS:GO examples in 3 Presets 720p60

SPEED
http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/720p60_speed.mp4

BALANCED
http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/720p60_balanced.mp4

QUALITY
http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/720p60_quality.mp4

here i tried to enhance BALANCED
http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/720p60_balanced_adv.mp4

and here i have a more advanced enhaceing of Balanced (has nearly same load as quality)
http://benmanshafen.de/pics/OBS/720p60_balanced_adv2.mp4

// so maybe your video will look better when u choose balanced (but it will take more GPU load)

Last edited:

gat0

Hello guys could anyone help me to get good settings for streaming Overwatch? 30 fps is nice for me, not even aiming for 60. Im having random fps drop problems ingame with my actual settingss.

Intel I5 2500K 3,30ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
8GB Ram
5 upload speed

ty guys!

Last edited:

Benman2785

@gat0

first of all -> ever read the last 3-5 pages before you ask something (because its usually providede there)
second -> if you say YOUR settings gives framedrops you should provide your settings so we can figure out where to tweak them

do you have most recent driver installed? when does framedrops accure? streamin on what platform? in what detail do you game?
7850 isnt that strong anymore - maybe get a RX480 ;)

Stilgarius

Hello,
Im OBS user for about a year.
I was using AMD VCE encoder for like 3/4 months.
Right now, after 3/4 months of awesome live I get my first problems...

When i start recording with VCE OBS just start lagging and crashing and wont continue recording.
I really dont know what's going on. When i change it to x264 its ok, but i need to record in VCE because of FPS in games.
When i start recording i get errors like this:
http://imgur.com/FPZDJTm
My CPU is not even at 20% of usage, but OBS says other worlds.
I can turn settings to lowest possible and it still says "CPU USAGE TO HIGH"

And in logs i have something like this:
"Failed to submit input buffer multiple times already. VCE is probably too slow for current settings."

Anyone have idea what's going on with that VCE encoder?
Thanks for answer,
Tom.

Attachments

• 2016-06-10-2044-00.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 22

Stilgarius

@Benman2785
I dont know what happend but It works good today... Maybe my GPU had worse days?
I changed settings to Yours except bitrate [I'm recording only so its 15 000] and resolution (1080p 30fps) and it works good now...