OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Manvir

Not working on windows 10. The recording preview is black with only the mouse showing. After some time the preview freezes too.
GPU: R9 280 x2

dping

Not working on windows 10. The recording preview is black with only the mouse showing. After some time the preview freezes too.
GPU: R9 280 x2
I hope you aren't crossfire. that doesn't work well with OBS anyway. post log and screenshots please

Gonanda

AMD VCE, as said dping, works perfectly for me on win 10 x64 Enterprise. I tuning OBS like recomended in first post and play with AMD VCE Encoder options. My configs:
Code:
Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3,2 GHz
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
8 Gb G-Skill RipJaws
Asus Radeon HD7950 3072Mb GDDR5 900Mhz
Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD & LG 23MP65

In my PC I've stable FPS 40-60 in XCOM: EW Long War & The Witcher 3 30-50 FPS when straming to twitch, cybergame or goodgame. All in 1080p and 3500-9000 kbps

Last edited:

BioGenx2b

Hey Jackun, I know this question has been asked a while before, but do you have any plans on merging with the main branch soon? Lots of Win10 testing and new AMD users, so I feel like there's a lot of feedback that could be helpful if more people could utilize AMF.

I reached out via Twitter (out of my own curiosity) and got an immediate response!

Other news, the latest version of Arkham Knight with Win 8.1 x64 and the 15.7 drivers on my 290x runs smoothly with Game Capture but freezes my Logitech C920 constantly, so I have to turn that off.

dping

Hey Jackun, I know this question has been asked a while before, but do you have any plans on merging with the main branch soon? Lots of Win10 testing and new AMD users, so I feel like there's a lot of feedback that could be helpful if more people could utilize AMF.

I reached out via Twitter (out of my own curiosity) and got an immediate response!

Other news, the latest version of Arkham Knight with Win 8.1 x64 and the 15.7 drivers on my 290x runs smoothly with Game Capture but freezes my Logitech C920 constantly, so I have to turn that off.
Even the version he released for OBS MP is decently solid. you can even multistream x264 (twitch w/lower bitrate) and VCE (local record higher bitrate). I tested this a while back

Might try reducing your cap card webcam to 720p and also using jmpeg.

@jackun I think it is time for a merge and just keep this topic open for future help

My recommendation would be to remove OVE, and remove some of the unneeded options that no one uses or place them in an advanced tab but bring the more used VCE settings out of advanced options, like the quality presets options, IDR and GOP, QP, and even the device ID (make it a dropdown list if possible).

Last edited:

BioGenx2b

Even the version he released for OBS MP is decently solid. you can even multistream x264 (twitch w/lower bitrate) and VCE (local record higher bitrate). I tested this a while back

Might try reducing your cap card to 720p and also using jmpeg.

@jackun I think it is time for a merge and just keep this topic open for future help

My recommendation would be to remove OVE, and remove some of the unneeded options that no one uses or place them in an advanced tab but bring the more used VCE settings out of advanced options, like the quality presets options, IDR and GOP, QP, and even the device ID (make it a dropdown list if possible).

Thanks! I'm using one PC for this though, not 2, so no capture card. Streaming 720p@60FPS. I don't local record, just broadcast, but I might try OBS MP with VCE.

Thanks also for the follow up!

Gonanda

WHY my post not approved? Moderator, please, do it. :)
My first post:
AMD VCE, as said @dping, works perfectly for me on win 10 x64 Enterprise. I tuning OBS like recomended in first post and play with AMD VCE Encoder options.In my PC I've stable FPS 40-60 in XCOM: EW Long War & The Witcher 3 30-50 FPS when streaming to twitch, cybergame or goodgame. All in 1080p and 3500-9000 kbps
And my configs:
Code:
AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3,2 GHz
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
8 Gb SDRAM G-Skill RipJaws
Asus Radeon HD7950 3072Mb GDDR5 900Mhz
Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD & LG 23MP65

Last edited:

sethyron

My specs:
Code:
AMD FX 6300 @3.5ghz
GA-78LMT-S2
4GB DDR3 @1333
Sapphire R7 260x 2GB OC (1200/1750)
LG  M2380A 23" - @1080p 63hz
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise - Catalyst 15.7.1

When i try to record, OBS freezes and BSOD. Tried with gpu stock frequency and @60hz, DDU and driver reinstall, OpenCL, disable d3d interop, no result.

Last edited:

dping

My specs:
Code:
AMD FX 6300 @3.5ghz
GA-78LMT-S2
4GB DDR3 @1333
Sapphire R7 260x 2GB OC (1200/1750)
LG  M2380A 23" - @1080p 63hz
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise - Catalyst 15.7.1

When i try to record, OBS freezes and BSOD. Tried with gpu stock frequency and @60hz, DDU and driver reinstall, OpenCL, disable d3d interop, no result.
post your logfile and screenshots of the different settings tabs. Also your main one window for good measure

sethyron

post your logfile and screenshots of the different settings tabs. Also your main one window for good measure
i think its a driver issue. in older versions i could record with Raptr, now i cant, driver always crash or stuck in 00:00 recording.

i using the last driver Catalyst 15.7.1
tried other combinations, but this is my configs now:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.png
    2.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 2015-08-01-0659-00.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 28

priestokl

When i streaming with AMF stream are stopping and OBS crash with: Error: Failed to map D3D11 texture: Out of memory.
What happened and how fix that?

Attachments

• 2015-08-02-1453-35.log
    4.6 KB · Views: 16

niggawat

Using Windows 10 Enterprise X64 with Catalyst 15.7.1 I still can't stream.

Tried the new version you released and the same problem as I've posted on page https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/page-98, BSOD almost every time and/or OBS freezes every single time, same problem as sethyron, kinda afraid of testing it more because of the BSODs, any clue on what the problem might be?

We basically have the same specs, same card (although mine is powercolor), same quantity of memory and frequency, same processor, maybe something related to that?

Gonanda

My configs:
bandicam 2015-08-04 06-38-16-620.png bandicam 2015-08-04 06-38-22-235.png bandicam 2015-08-04 06-38-31-625.png

If you set AMF engine type to DX11 - 100% your stream failed within couple minutes. If you set AMF engine type to Host - you stream will lose some FPS (in my case it 5-15 FPS), but not crash.

dping

Is there a thread with OBS MP VCE? Can someone give me a link?
same thread for now. Best to keep it together for this. here is a quote from the initial release of OBS MP with VCE injects:
2015-02-27 OBS-MP (formerly known as obs-studio) update to latest, fix scaling crash hopefully and other random fixes.

EDIT: @jackun probably needs to get this up to date with current build. but this was the last and only release of it.

Last edited: