Bug Report OBS 22.0.2 Crash (+ obs-browser-page.exe persisting in the background)

theclumsygeek

Attaching log and crash files.

After this crash, I reopened OBS and was able to stream fine for the next ~3 hours.

Also, even after I closed OBS after my stream, I noticed that obs-browser-page.exe was still running eating up a lot of my CPU:
obs_browser.png

I'm not sure if it remained open during my crash and persisted when I reopened OBS.

Attachments

• 2018-09-07 08-02-27.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Crash 2018-09-07 08-15-55.txt
    145.6 KB · Views: 141

Banyarola

Hi Clumsy, small world...
I also have that problem.. I stream weather station site on Twitch and if I need to close the browser page remains open..I just wait until it closes or I close it in task manager.

Sometimes I need to re-load the browser source several times before it starts to behave, other times it just eats up memory..

I was told here that it could be bugs in the web page I am streaming...
Either way, I just live with it and keep an eye on it's memory usage..

Harold

The crash reported in the linked crashlog is caused by one of three things
1> out of date bios on the motherboard
2> bad overclocking settings
3> failing cpu or ram.

theclumsygeek

@Banyarola : Nice to see you here, too. Thanks for letting me know.

@Harold : Interesting findings. I've been streaming for a couple of months without issue, and I only encountered this crash when I updated recently to v22. Maybe it's just a coincidence. I will monitor and see if it happens again.

Xiarno

@Banyarola : Nice to see you here, too. Thanks for letting me know.

@Harold : Interesting findings. I've been streaming for a couple of months without issue, and I only encountered this crash when I updated recently to v22. Maybe it's just a coincidence. I will monitor and see if it happens again.
Same here. But I didn't get it with updating OBS. I got it with updating my AMD driver...

ethaniel

@Harold I have this same problem as well, this is a completely fresh build, dedicated to a 24/7 webcam. Sometime OBS crashes, but obs-browser-page.exe stays and eats up CPU and for some reason is doing heavy read activity on the disk. OBS 22.0.2.