NohBoard

Free NohBoard v1.3.0

Wheels.

Can I move multiple keys at once? I'm editing one of the full US keyboards to look like my Alienware because it seems like the easiest way to go about it. Your method is probably better @joao7yt, but I am a massive noob with Nohboard, so most of that went over my head. It sounds like you were telling me to cut up a real life picture of my keyboard to use as my onscreen keyboard? Maybe? I want to get to that eventually, but for now, I'm just trying to get the layout to look similar to mine.

I'm at a decent start, but the going is slow. I want to move the entire number pad towards the keyboard; can I do that all at once? Or do I have to move each key individually? I have tried to figure it out myself, ctrl-clicking, shift-clicking, and clicking and dragging, but I have not found a way to select more than one key.

joao7yt

Can I move multiple keys at once? I'm editing one of the full US keyboards to look like my Alienware because it seems like the easiest way to go about it. Your method is probably better @joao7yt, but I am a massive noob with Nohboard, so most of that went over my head. It sounds like you were telling me to cut up a real life picture of my keyboard to use as my onscreen keyboard? Maybe? I want to get to that eventually, but for now, I'm just trying to get the layout to look similar to mine.

I'm at a decent start, but the going is slow. I want to move the entire number pad towards the keyboard; can I do that all at once? Or do I have to move each key individually? I have tried to figure it out myself, ctrl-clicking, shift-clicking, and clicking and dragging, but I have not found a way to select more than one key.
You can move all keys at once holding alt, but i think it would not help you. You can use arrows to move more precisely, tho.

About the image: I thought you also wanted the textures of your keyboard... you can see on my styles, in “joao7yt” category, that they have images on each key... but now i got, you just want the layout.

It takes time to get used to it, there’s a lot of features... they are really intuitive, tho, just ask any doubt here :)

Wheels.

@joao7yt I saw your keyboards right after I sent that message; those look awesome. I definitely want to do something like that for mine. I'm just wanting to do the basic layout for right now because I'm supposed to record a video with someone soon and I don't think I have time to make it before then.

This second paragraph originally contained a question you already answered. Thankfully I went back and re-read your message before I posted it. The message that I said went over my head makes perfect sense now. I need to use Photoshop to crop out each different key shape from a picture of my keyboard and use those images to replace your images. I really want to do that as soon as I have time.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Wheels.

Christmas came early this year. With the help of @joao7yt , I have a replica of my Alienware 17r4 keyboard.
Thanks again!

lhFj2YW.jpg

aircry

Can anyone help me?
idk why but the only thing that doesnt work in fullscreen for me (csgo) is the mouse overlay.. the keys works just fine but the mouse doesn't is just freezed the only thing that fix it is playing in window mode but i cant play it like that.. please halp

dhchcm

Is there anyway to use Nohboard without aero in full screen gaming?
My pc cant turn on aero coz it say mirro driver not support, aero not support this window version, driver card not supp aero effects, windows experience index not computed.
my pc: intelpentium g4600 1050ti 8gb ram
I just dont want to reinstall my windows
ty and happy new (lunar) year

alexdubovyck

Hello! I have recorded a video-rewiev for this plugin. I love this idea at all.
This is cool! But have some troubles(shown in video).
My rating to "nohboard" 4\5.

PS: will be glad to see this post here.

ReallySolid

Hello, i have recently downloaded this program and apparently the numkeys or keypad isn't working, i don't know how you fix this but when i press kp8, kp6, kp2, and kp4 it just highlights the arrow keys. pls help i need to make a tutorial on a game that uses keypad

joao7yt

Hello, i have recently downloaded this program and apparently the numkeys or keypad isn't working, i don't know how you fix this but when i press kp8, kp6, kp2, and kp4 it just highlights the arrow keys. pls help i need to make a tutorial on a game that uses keypad
Unfortunately I don’t have the keypad on my keyboard because of space issues, i prefered to bought a keyboard without it, so i cant test it myself... but check if the keycodes on that keys are the right ones. Try to load another keyboard configurations too

2Dk

hi so im currently new to nohboard and to the forums in general but i would like to ask for help(implying this is the right place to ask for help)

regarding nohboard, so i basically i want 2 commands/elements on one key(basically i want my numpad 8 to be up arrow as well since im using numpad on this certain game im playing) and whenever i add another element on numpad 8 with up arrow key, it doesn't work anymore

idk if this is the right place to ask, but otherwise please move this thread to its right place, i would appreciate anyone could help me

ThoNohT

Developer
ThoNohT updated NohBoard with a new update entry:

Community Contributions

Features:
- Cycle selection through elements on top of each other when clicking
multiple times.
Fixes:
- Check duplicate element ids when loading keyboard.
- NohBoard disappears when closing while minimzed. (Buttercak3)
- Boundaries could not be moved down in the list. (Buttercak3)
- Key definition is reset after clicking anywhere in NohBoard. (Buttercak3)
- Removing boundaries when less than 3 were left via the properties. (Buttercak3)
- Keyboard style reverts to default when opening...

Read the rest of this update entry...

layarion

With .lua scripts and the like added to OBS Studio, will this open new possibilities for this project? or allow it to be more streamlined?

Summer Karma

Hi, @joao7yt. I am trying to use Nohboard for streaming but it doesn't work for me. Every time I alt-tab for a game (which is running in windowed mode), the Nohboard, which is set in background or minimezed, don't follow the keys input. While I'm using a browser or smth that is not a game, the Nohboard works fine and I can capture it through OBS and see it in my stream. But when I switch for a game, it just don't follow any input I make. Don't quite understand what the problem is.

joao7yt

Hi, @joao7yt. I am trying to use Nohboard for streaming but it doesn't work for me. Every time I alt-tab for a game (which is running in windowed mode), the Nohboard, which is set in background or minimezed, don't follow the keys input. While I'm using a browser or smth that is not a game, the Nohboard works fine and I can capture it through OBS and see it in my stream. But when I switch for a game, it just don't follow any input I make. Don't quite understand what the problem is.
Hi, please, open an issue on Github: https://github.com/ThoNohT/NohBoard/issues

The creator will be able to help you better than me.

ThoNohT

Developer
ThoNohT updated NohBoard with a new update entry:

More editing enhancements

Features:
  • New icon. (joao7yt)
  • Added a dialog for easier rectangle boundary creation for editing elements. (Buttercak3)
  • Enter keycodes by detecting key presses. (Buttercak3)
  • Added an update button for boundaries. (Buttercak3)
  • Allowed styles to define a download url for fonts that may not be on the user's pc.
  • Added a center button for the text position in a key. (Buttercak3)
Bugfixes:
  • Editing an element via Element Propertie doesn't push undo...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Scorpanoid

Does anyone know how to fix the black bar issue when i try to record nohboard on obs it has black bars on the right side and the bottom does anyone know how to fix this????