NohBoard

Free NohBoard v1.3.0

joao7yt

Hey, a preview of the next update of my styles and definition. I got rid of the 4 definitions I had, since now, after the next update of NohBoard, it will be a lot easier if someone wants to delete an element. Before I had the variations for Caps, Ctrl keys and Mouse Movement, now it's only the "fps" definition where you can delete the unecessary ones for you.

The explanation to the names of each style is: before the "_" you have a description of how the keys look like unpressed, and after "_" the description of how the keys look like pressed. Note the diference between "outline" and "outlined", "outline" is for the transparent key and mouse where only the borders are visible, and "outlined" is for the normal keys with the opposite color outlining it. "clean" refers to the keys without textures (except for the mouse), and "normal" to the normal texture.

Here's a printscreen of each style with "Shift", "A", "W", "D", "mouse4" and "mouse1" pressed.
g7HKkrI.gif

KuraiMizu

Hello, I wanted to ask if someone would be so kind to create a configuration for the "osu" (only would be the Z and X); I really would like to do it myself, but my level of English is very low and I can not understand the technical things you say and I can not do it myself.

Postscript: I'm sorry if you do not understand well what I've put, but I'm using the Google translator and I do not know how well it has translated well

joao7yt

Hello, I wanted to ask if someone would be so kind to create a configuration for the "osu" (only would be the Z and X); I really would like to do it myself, but my level of English is very low and I can not understand the technical things you say and I can not do it myself.

Postscript: I'm sorry if you do not understand well what I've put, but I'm using the Google translator and I do not know how well it has translated well
I do it, no problem, can i have you Steam, Discord or Skype? PM me if you don't want to post it here

ThoNohT

Developer
To better match my personal keyboard, a SteelSeries 6GV2, I changed some of the keys from the original "us_intl" layout.

Hey thanks, I'll include these in my next release. Along with the new keyboards by @joao7yt. Expect release v1.0.0, soon. I'm just getting it ready now. But it's really time for me to go to bed now.

tronceeper

How do you add an element? I want to add the Z X C V keys to the arrows preset but they don't light up when I add them.

Burstcraft

Is it possible to have the buttons you are pressing popup on screen when pressed and then rapidly fade away again with this tool? Or could there be a version done this way?
I'm looking to stream for example photoshop videos and when I use a keybind, it's very handy for viewers to see what buttons I pressed off-screen that resulted in that keypress.
So if i press ctrl+D, I guess if they weren't instantly pressed together, the 'ctrl' was rapidly appear but then if additional keys were pressed while holding 'ctrl' it would then show a '+' and then rapidly show the 'd' key aswell on the screen before they both either individually fade away or fade together.

joao7yt

Is it possible to have the buttons you are pressing popup on screen when pressed and then rapidly fade away again with this tool? Or could there be a version done this way?
I'm looking to stream for example photoshop videos and when I use a keybind, it's very handy for viewers to see what buttons I pressed off-screen that resulted in that keypress.
So if i press ctrl+D, I guess if they weren't instantly pressed together, the 'ctrl' was rapidly appear but then if additional keys were pressed while holding 'ctrl' it would then show a '+' and then rapidly show the 'd' key aswell on the screen before they both either individually fade away or fade together.
I think you can get around it using this tool. If you right click in a key and go to Element Properties you can add more than one key code. 162 is the code for ctrl, 68 is the one for D, so add both to one key and it will enter in the status of pressed only when ctrl + d is pressed together. You can then edit this key style making the unpressed state the same color as the background, so it will be invisible in obs. Then the pressed state you make it the way you want and write "Ctrl + D" in it. You can make it better using images to customize your key style, making a image containing 2 separated keys, the first one "Ctrl" and the second one "D", maybe add a "+" on that image too.

The con is that it will disappear instantaneously when releasing one of both keys.

P.s.: you can study the way a keyboard containing imgs work looking into my keyboard styles. it's included in the last version of nohboard. "joao7yt" category.

P.s.2: you can find the code for each key here

Last edited:

Wheels.

I'm new to OBS and this site, so please forgive me if this had been asked and answered already, but has anyone made an Alienware keyboard layout? I would like the 17, like in my attachment. I have not attempted to create it myself. I literally just downloaded OBS yesterday specifically to use with this onscreen keyboard, as I was just going to stream with ShadowPlay before I came across this in a search. So I don't know how easy or difficult it is, I just thought I would ask here first in the chance that I could save some time.

Attachments

• A17r4 keyboard-layout.jpg
    A17r4 keyboard-layout.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 84

joao7yt

I'm new to OBS and this site, so please forgive me if this had been asked and answered already, but has anyone made an Alienware keyboard layout? I would like the 17, like in my attachment. I have not attempted to create it myself. I literally just downloaded OBS yesterday specifically to use with this onscreen keyboard, as I was just going to stream with ShadowPlay before I came across this in a search. So I don't know how easy or difficult it is, I just thought I would ask here first in the chance that I could save some time.
I think the only keyboard inspired in a real one was mine, inspired on blackwidow from razer.

You will need a picture from you keyboard (I recommend getting it from the official website, the pictures used for showing the keyboard are really good taken), then you will need to get the different kind of keys from that image. So, get any normal key, for example “A”, then “Shift”, “Ctrl”... they are all different sizes, so you need to take them. Then you erase the thing written on it, using Photoshop, so you can use that image to put any letter on it using NohBoard.

You will also need the font used on your keyboard. I personally made mine from scratch because there was no good one out there.

Then you will have to edit all together on NohBoard. You can use my keyboard as a base, just replacing the images keeping their names...

That version of my keyboard is with a default font because Noh didn’t want to put a custom font inside the folders making the users to install it if they wanted to use my keyboard. But you certainly can set the font to whatever you want if you will use it personally.

Wheels.

I think the only keyboard inspired in a real one was mine, inspired on blackwidow from razer.

You will need a picture from you keyboard (I recommend getting it from the official website, the pictures used for showing the keyboard are really good taken), then you will need to get the different kind of keys from that image. So, get any normal key, for example “A”, then “Shift”, “Ctrl”... they are all different sizes, so you need to take them. Then you erase the thing written on it, using Photoshop, so you can use that image to put any letter on it using NohBoard.

You will also need the font used on your keyboard. I personally made mine from scratch because there was no good one out there.

Then you will have to edit all together on NohBoard. You can use my keyboard as a base, just replacing the images keeping their names...

That version of my keyboard is with a default font because Noh didn’t want to put a custom font inside the folders making the users to install it if they wanted to use my keyboard. But you certainly can set the font to whatever you want if you will use it personally.

Okay cool. Thank you.