No recording found after crash!

authoXN

Hello,
So I was recording a meeting for work and then I noticed that there was a crash-message in OBS (I sadly can´t really recall what it said). After I accepted the message, I wanted to check how long it recorded... well, OBS didn´t save a recording, even though I was recording to .mkv! Also there is no log from this session, only from before and after that crash. However, I found the crash-log from that time (atleast any indicator that OBS was even running). At the time of the crash, I literally didn´t do anything on my PC (just listening), there was only Zoom and OBS opened.

Link to my crash-log: https://obsproject.com/logs/WcEmTXcq7ZdUwgQh

Hopefully someone can help me to restore the recording or how I can at least prevent this in the future.

WBE

Just an obvious check: the crash apparently was at Date/Time: 2022-01-27, 08:57:57 Did the recording actually start before that time?

authoXN

Just an obvious check: the crash apparently was at Date/Time: 2022-01-27, 08:57:57 Did the recording actually start before that time?
I am pretty sure I clicked on recording before switching back to Zoom. Otherwise I could not have done that at all, because OBS crashed, right?
I am also pretty sure there was that border around my screen indicating that OBS is recording or at least running.
However, I was using Zoom in fullscreen, so I couldn´t see the OBS icon in my taskbar. So maybe OBS immediately crashed after I clicked recording?

WBE

That was indeed my suspicion, that you clicked Record, immideately switched to Zoom and had no notice about a crash. But this does not help you in any way, I'm affraid. Note that the yellow border only indicates a Source within OBS Studio capturing input, it does not indicate whether anything is outputed to stream, recording or virtual cam.

Could you please go to the folder %APPDATA%\obs-studio\logs (or within OBS: Help, Log Files, Show Log Files). Here the log files are saved that by default have filenames with the date and time of the start of the program. Could you share the log file from this OBS session as well?

authoXN

Well, as I said in my post, there is no log from that session. How can this happen? Shouldn´t there be a log file created as soon as you start OBS? I mean, it was early in the morning, but I was definetly running OBS haha