Question / Help New to streaming, need help and suggestions! (Sorry if I am in the wrong forum)

JaggedHD

Hi all, below is a quick summary of all the components I have amassed over a couple years in order to game comfortably, I am including as much information as possible for all to be able to help and guide me into a better understanding of creating a clean looking, non-pixelated stream, if possible with my current one PC setup. I have produced various streams, with different settings in OBS, with only one doable quality, at 720p 60fps, not able to replicate anymore as I ventured into OBS settings. I guess it boils down to me not being fluent enough in OBS to get a great stream, many hours is trying different settings and bitrates ect.. I do not know if I should attempt to stream at 720p 60fps or 1080p 60fps(my preference) with my current setup as I want to deliver quality content through my game play. I am not a partner with Twitch yet either, if I read other forum correctly, that limits me to 6,000 Kbps. In need of help, thank you for coming!

System: PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (@3.9Ghz all cores air, stable)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
PSU: EVGA 750 BQ Bronze
CPU cooler: Wraith Prism RGB Cooler
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 kit
GPU: MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB (+115 Core Clock, +200 Memory Clock)
Storage 1: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (Boot Drive/some applications)
Storage 2: Toshiba 2 TB Hard Drive (Clutter/recordings from OBS/larger files)

Other Information: Peripherals (Useful or useless?)
Monitor Main: Acer XG270HU 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2560x1440 (FreeSync model)
Monitor 2: Asus VS278Q-P 27" 1ms 60HZ Full HD 1920*1080

Microphone: Blue Yeti USB Mic (Black)
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm
DAC: FX Audio DAC-X6 24BIT/192 Black
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma
Keyboard: Bloody B975 Light Strike Optical Gaming Keyboard

Internet Speed:
Download: Averages - 118Mbps
Upload: Averages - 11.50Mbps
Ping: 30ms

koala

I do not know if I should attempt to stream at 720p 60fps or 1080p 60fps
We don't either. Unfortunately, every single streamer is its own case, because everybody uses different equipment and stream different things to different streaming services. Even people with exactly the same hardware, but streaming different games, have completely different configurations.

So what you do is trying the options you see and choose the option that looks best. You want to stream 720p or 1080p? Fine, your hardware is probably able to do this. Do some test streams with 720p and some with 1080p with the thing you want to stream, with different bitrates, and look through the recorded VODs on the streaming service website and choose what looks best.
In case you have problems with the streams, come back to the forum, describe your problem and don't forget to add a OBS log of the corresponding streaming session along with the post.