Need the best bitrate for my PC, 60 FPS 1080p quality.

leTristo

So basically I got an AMD Ryzen 3400g overclock, vega 11. And my video quality is a bit blurry, I use it for recording and I wanna upload video's on YouTube. I made a screenshot of my output. My questions were if I should change something, and if I should change my bitrate to something else.

I'm using OBS for recording only, I just want to have 60 FPS, 1080p quality.

image_2021-04-13_173340.png

Lawrence_SoCal

I recommend the following posts
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-help-me-setup-my-stream.139369/#post-511474

CBR is wrong rate control to use for recording
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/best-settings.140188/#post-514693

And wanting is nice, but what is your system capable of? real-time video encoding is VERY computationally demanding, more so if you want 60fps, which is typical for gaming, which itself can be very demanding on system... . So..... you need to [learn and] do basic monitoring of hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings [Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] and adjust accordingly. One thing that helps is GPU encoding offload, but AMD is apparently really bad at this (and has been for years, and isn't fixing the issue)... so ymmv. You'll have to balance CPU and GPU demands

D

Deleted member 121471

One thing that helps is GPU encoding offload, but AMD is apparently really bad at this (and has been for years, and isn't fixing the issue)... so ymmv. You'll have to balance CPU and GPU demands

Current AMD encoder will never be good for streaming, as it still requires roughly +20% bitrate to achieve similar levels of quality compared to x264 very fast or Pascal/Turing encoders but it's perfectly adequate for recording.

The newest beta of StreamFX plugin adds an encoding functionality that was not present on earlier iterations of the encoder that finally allows it to have similar performance hits to NVENC or AMD's own software solution (AMD ReLive).