Please help me setup my stream

2Lei

Hello guys. I am a little bit upset bcs i have a rocket of a computer and my stream is not showing any improvement in quality.
So, my stream setup:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen9 5950x - 3.4 GHz (4.9 GHz turbo), 16 cores, 32 threads
  • Installed RAM: HyperX Fury Black 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
  • Graphic Processing Unit: nVidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition - 24GB
Option1: I stream with nvidia nvenc(new) 1080p 60fps Lanczsos and I get sometimes (mostly in movement) pixelated video in games such as Valorant, Warzone, Pubg, etc.
bitrate 6000, Keyframe interval 0, Preset MAx Quality, Profile High, Look ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning checked, GPU 0 and max b-frames 4

Option2: I stream with x264 same 1080p 60fps Lanczsos and I get sometimes (mostly in movement) pixelated video in games such as Valorant,Warzone, Pubg, etc.
bitrate 6000, Keyframe interval 2, CPU Usage Preset fast, profile High, Tune none or animation(both same pixelated in game).

I want to clarify that I am a twitch affiliate and cannot use more then 6000kbs bitrate.

Please Help me at least understand what I do wrong cause I feel like I'm exploading. With this computer the stream MUST run smooth as a feather. I do not get any encoder overloaded but I get sometimes pixelated image(both on my facecam and on my video game on stream). Thanks in advance

FerretBomb

Average 1080p60 video 'wants' 12mbps, and you're feeding it 6mbps. In high-motion, high-detail games, you're going to get pixelation.

-Definitely use NVENC. On a 30-series card, its encode quality is on par with x264 Slow.
-Use the Quality preset, not Max Quality. Turn off Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning.
-B-frames at 4 should only be used for very low-motion games. Go back to the default 2, or drop to 0 to help stabilize fast motion.

Best recommendation is to drop to 1080p30 or 720p60, which will work within your bitrate budget. 60fps is a "nice to have", but doubles your bitrate needs, which are already higher than average when it comes to games with a lot of full-screen motion and detail.
You simply need more bitrate.

That said, the official maximum is 6000kbps, but it is not a hard-cap. If you go above that, your stream may fail to load, or start throwing errors. Even 6000 isn't generally a good idea though for Affiliates, as it limits the accessibility of your stream without guaranteed transcodes allowing people on weaker connections (or on mobile) to watch smoothly.

2Lei

Average 1080p60 video 'wants' 12mbps, and you're feeding it 6mbps. In high-motion, high-detail games, you're going to get pixelation.

-Definitely use NVENC. On a 30-series card, its encode quality is on par with x264 Slow.
-Use the Quality preset, not Max Quality. Turn off Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning.
-B-frames at 4 should only be used for very low-motion games. Go back to the default 2, or drop to 0 to help stabilize fast motion.

Best recommendation is to drop to 1080p30 or 720p60, which will work within your bitrate budget. 60fps is a "nice to have", but doubles your bitrate needs, which are already higher than average when it comes to games with a lot of full-screen motion and detail.
You simply need more bitrate.

That said, the official maximum is 6000kbps, but it is not a hard-cap. If you go above that, your stream may fail to load, or start throwing errors. Even 6000 isn't generally a good idea though for Affiliates, as it limits the accessibility of your stream without guaranteed transcodes allowing people on weaker connections (or on mobile) to watch smoothly.
Thanks for the quick answer and for your advice. I will make these changes and I guess .. hope for the best until I get Twitch Partner in order to get more band. Thanks again <3

FerretBomb

Thanks for the quick answer and for your advice. I will make these changes and I guess .. hope for the best until I get Twitch Partner in order to get more band. Thanks again <3
Even Partners are still subject to the same bitrate limits/recommendations. Only difference is the guaranteed transcodes, so running at 6mbps (or 8mbps, which anyone can do even if it is not advised) is less of an impact to accessibility.

2Lei

Even Partners are still subject to the same bitrate limits/recommendations. Only difference is the guaranteed transcodes, so running at 6mbps (or 8mbps, which anyone can do even if it is not advised) is less of an impact to accessibility.
I live in Romania and I stream strictly in Romanian. In Romania, we have high internet speed, mostly gigabit even in the most darkness places. My grandma at the country side have 600dl and 500ul since 2012. So the impact of accessibility should not be an issue. Currently I live in a remote village and I have 900dl and 800ul. And this is not the most "powerful" internet around here.

BluePeer

if the "First" target for you to bring at every time the "max" quality out , there are major key's required

1. Limit your "game/3d" sources to the Output FPS (1080P60 limit it to the stream FPS value)
2. set Nvenc to Key=2 Preset=Max/Quality Profile=High Lookadead=Yes Psycho=Yes Bframes=4
3.Verify that your "Game/3D" is Limited to the stream FPS !!AND!! the Load of this 3 GPU Values Combined is not over 90 "3D" , "Video Encode" and "Graphics_1"

Why?
Point 3 is to verify that the card is not close to a Overload that result in "lost" frames or bottlenecks for the 3D application
Point 1 is to make Room for High Quality Game and Encode workload

Point 2 creates room for Image Quality
B-frame 4 creates room for "slow" motion Parts with Max Quality
Lookahead reduce the B-frame up to 0 if bframe reduce the quality (simply if B4 makes more blocking then B0 it switch dynamic related to the keyframes B0<->B4)
Psycho makes the "blocking" little more "spread" means not High blocking in middle or a corner it spreads it across the hole frame so its not 90% left upper corner and 30% right down corner its more all 70% in simple words

Related to "What you stream" (Content generated from "3D" or "Graphic") the Preset "Max Quality" or "Quality" are perfect (sometimes Max sometimes Quality best you need to try)

Its not that i call this as "best" settings, but i tested for a Long Long time a Massive Amount of Settings
And my 1660 Super Nvenc setup with the Upper Settings brings up the Best results in Visual Quality

In chat there are 8/10 users Ask for setup and settings then looking

And Related to the first Line, this settings not made for ppl willing to stream content like Ego Shooter stuff where there Think a game frame rat of 1.000.000 is required for success
This settings are for People with Dual High Quality Image content Mixed in High and Slow Speed areas to show up on every time the most Quality avaible on the Bitrate window

2Lei

if the "First" target for you to bring at every time the "max" quality out , there are major key's required

1. Limit your "game/3d" sources to the Output FPS (1080P60 limit it to the stream FPS value)
2. set Nvenc to Key=2 Preset=Max/Quality Profile=High Lookadead=Yes Psycho=Yes Bframes=4
3.Verify that your "Game/3D" is Limited to the stream FPS !!AND!! the Load of this 3 GPU Values Combined is not over 90 "3D" , "Video Encode" and "Graphics_1"

Why?
Point 3 is to verify that the card is not close to a Overload that result in "lost" frames or bottlenecks for the 3D application
Point 1 is to make Room for High Quality Game and Encode workload

Point 2 creates room for Image Quality
B-frame 4 creates room for "slow" motion Parts with Max Quality
Lookahead reduce the B-frame up to 0 if bframe reduce the quality (simply if B4 makes more blocking then B0 it switch dynamic related to the keyframes B0<->B4)
Psycho makes the "blocking" little more "spread" means not High blocking in middle or a corner it spreads it across the hole frame so its not 90% left upper corner and 30% right down corner its more all 70% in simple words

Related to "What you stream" (Content generated from "3D" or "Graphic") the Preset "Max Quality" or "Quality" are perfect (sometimes Max sometimes Quality best you need to try)

Its not that i call this as "best" settings, but i tested for a Long Long time a Massive Amount of Settings
And my 1660 Super Nvenc setup with the Upper Settings brings up the Best results in Visual Quality

In chat there are 8/10 users Ask for setup and settings then looking

And Related to the first Line, this settings not made for ppl willing to stream content like Ego Shooter stuff where there Think a game frame rat of 1.000.000 is required for success
This settings are for People with Dual High Quality Image content Mixed in High and Slow Speed areas to show up on every time the most Quality avaible on the Bitrate window
Wow. That was the most in depth answer. I never thought I will get an answer like this. Thanks so much for the help and for making me understand more