Question / Help NDI Source Plugin 2 PC Streaming, Black Ops 4

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help as usual. Reading threads here led me to NDI Source Plugin so that I could finally stream my 1440p gaming to my streaming PC which is a much older monitor (and AverMedia LGHD2 capture card is limited to 1080p at 60Hz).

I'm playing games at 1440p @ 144Hz and doing a simple display/audio capture of my gaming monitor at 2560x1440p as an NDI Source (@60fps). Running OBS on the streaming PC with the NDI Source on (but outputting the stream @ 60fps, @ 1080p). Tested the other night with PUBG and it looked fantastic, streamed fairly well, and recorded brilliantly.

Now I'm trying to do the same with Black Ops 4 and I'm getting a MASSIVE reduction in frames per second. 10 maybe? Ran Pubg again to see if it was my computer or settings or OBS but it ran as smooth as it did before (but now I'm realizing there's no way it was 60Hz, maybe 24 to 30?)

I'll upload my log file so you can tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I have both PC's running over ethernet to my modem which I'm sure can do over a gigabyte (and I also have both computers connected by a usb to ethernet gigabit adapter with ethernet cord... but I'm not sure if that's even set up right (actually it must be. Even though it says there's no network connectivity in Network Properties in Win10, under Network and Sharing CEnter under my second ethernet connection it's passed over 536 gigabytes at about 24 Mb/sec - not streaming right now - hmm, maybe that's the issue? Maybe it needs to send a lot more and it's bottlenecked or capped? Ethernet 2 status reads: IPv4 connectivity: No network access; IPv6 Connectivity: No network access; media state enabled; duration 53min - since I started the stream connection to the PC I imagine; speed 1Gbps....) Maybe I have some settings wrong...

https://obsproject.com/logs/unoztFixhzvY4UlG from the gaming PC

https://obsproject.com/logs/CMl7DCEyv4ws6NZm for the streaming PC

Thanks. Hopefully this helps others as well. I doubt I'm the only one.

Nobody gets any frame reduction when using NDI? Luckkyyyyy.....

Okay, so I tried turning of my old LGHD2 source "when not visible" but that didn't help at all. See footage starting at 1:45 of the choppiness in BO4. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324058196

Compare that to PUBG, same set up as above (well, it was actually before turning the old LGHD2 source to not visible)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321928821 watch at 2:55:32. So smooth. Probably one of the better non-affiliated streams on twitch as far as quality goes.... Why's BO4 working so gross?

Still no ideas? Well... I'm going to try turning off "preview" on my gaming PC but I doubt that's the issue because as stated above PUBG ran pretty darn smooth. Also going to try and see if I'm set to Directx or OpenGL on my streaming PC's OBS (it's already on directx on the gaming PC which is capturing the monitor via NDI, but I doubt that's the issue as I never had problems for a year with anything like this). May try using NDI tools to capture my monitor instead of OBS and then send it to NDI on the streaming PC and then add that as a video source in OBS... Maybe that will be better? dunno.

Final option may be to revert to my 1080p capture card and play my games at 1080p (which would give me a more competitive fps of a solid 144 anyway... but not look quiiiiite as sweet and sharp).

Zimmyantz

I'm getting the same dude, only with Black Ops 4.
It kind of stutters way more than any other game..thinking it might be game related, but then I see so many streamers where it is smooth to watch.. hmmmm

I'm getting the same dude, only with Black Ops 4.
It kind of stutters way more than any other game..thinking it might be game related, but then I see so many streamers where it is smooth to watch.. hmmmm
i'm getting it with bo4 as well, not pubg, pubg looks pretty darn fine (maybe not 60fps, but no less than 24). Not sure if it's the intense colours of the game, but i highly doubt that.
Wish OBS devs would chime in. Wish NDI devs would chime in on their forum; as of yet, nothing. Have you had any luck trying what I'm going to try above?

Zimmyantz

I jumped on your archived videos on twitch.
Would say yours looks better than mine, only difference I'm using RTMP rather than NDI over the network.
Only BlackOps for me as well, but your streaming pc is way better than mine.

I jumped on your archived videos on twitch.
Would say yours looks better than mine, only difference I'm using RTMP rather than NDI over the network.
Only BlackOps for me as well, but your streaming pc is way better than mine.
okay, thanks for the input. I don't believe RTMP will help in this case because the raw video is being sent fine, BUT the GPU just can't create the frames to send because the game is hogging all the resources.
I've just decided to go back to 1080p until there's a solution or I can afford a higher K capture card. Hope your streaming continues to go well though :)

Zimmyantz

I figured mine out.
All scene sources play whether the source is in view or not. Turned out my AFK scene which has a video that plays, was always being rendered. I ticked the "close when not in focus" and boom..no skips or anything.
What help me out was, if you click View/Stats in OBS while you stream, you can see if you are dropping render frames.
99% likely, you have a scene playing that is not in view, check them all!
Happy Fettling!