My PC completely freezes when streaming with OBS Studio

RidGaming

I got a brand new PC and keep having an issue with my pc freezing up completely when I am streaming, it happened yesterday after 30 minutes of being live I restarted my PC went live again and didnt have another issue for the rest of my stream (4hours) now again today It has frozen up my pc 3 times when trying to go live it only lasts 10-15 minutes before freezing again, I kept my task manager up and and another program to keep an eye on my CPU RAM GPU usage as well as the temprature of my GPU and motherboard, none of which seemed to get even close to a level that would cause a crash so I think its something with OBS as ive only had this happen when live, I had the game i tried to stream and obs open for hours today before going live and their was no isseu.

https://obsproject.com/logs/ewfWqIwNdB2Hkd7a this is the log of my last session.

Lawrence_SoCal

Never a good idea to have audio devices running at different sampling rates (44.1 &48KHz) - not absolutely necessary, but I'd recommend fixing.

Have you tested without
18:46:50.440: google_s2t_caption_plugin 0.28 obs_module_post_load

koala

If your computer freezes completely, it's some kind of hardware issue. OBS isn't the cause, it just makes the issue appear.
Make sure you have all current drivers. Revert any overclocking. If this is a brand new computer and it never worked flawlessly yet, it's a flaw in the computer in the first place. Get the hardware fixed or you will have the issue for the lifetime of that computer. It might help to check all cabling and pcie card seating. May be some power cable isn't properly connected, especially the additional power connection for the RTX 4070. Make sure the power supply is strong enough in the first place.

RidGaming

If your computer freezes completely, it's some kind of hardware issue. OBS isn't the cause, it just makes the issue appear.
Make sure you have all current drivers. Revert any overclocking. If this is a brand new computer and it never worked flawlessly yet, it's a flaw in the computer in the first place. Get the hardware fixed or you will have the issue for the lifetime of that computer. It might help to check all cabling and pcie card seating. May be some power cable isn't properly connected, especially the additional power connection for the RTX 4070. Make sure the power supply is strong enough in the first place.
it has worked flawlessly otherwise, it only happens when I am live and the power supply is definitly fine, but ill have a look to see if anything isnt connected properly

Lawrence_SoCal

it has worked flawlessly otherwise, it only happens when I am live and the power supply is definitly fine,
that is correlation not causation.
And unless you have a nice external pure sine wave oscilloscope, you can't for sure your PS is fine. probably is fine. but definitely...

That crashing only happens when Live helps point at what might be more heavily loaded, but OBS Studio does most of its load/work when open and Previewing (most Rendering already taking place) .. Going Live doesn't actually make much difference, at least in my case, other than a relatively small amount of upload traffic. which points to a not-uncommon issue with security software and/or network related drivers/software (specific to streaming protocols and traffic)

RidGaming

that is correlation not causation.
And unless you have a nice external pure sine wave oscilloscope, you can't for sure your PS is fine. probably is fine. but definitely...

That crashing only happens when Live helps point at what might be more heavily loaded, but OBS Studio does most of its load/work when open and Previewing (most Rendering already taking place) .. Going Live doesn't actually make much difference, at least in my case, other than a relatively small amount of upload traffic. which points to a not-uncommon issue with security software and/or network related drivers/software (specific to streaming protocols and traffic)
I had someone come and stress test all the hardware and their were no problems he says to him it seems to be for sure a software issue,also i have had instances of obs open capturing the game or software i did while live for hours with no crashes, its specifiaclly happens only when actively live.

Phandasm

If it only happens while live then it could be related to the encoder somehow.
Since it looks like you're using nvenc, you could try switching to a CPU encoder (x264) and see if it's more stable.
If it is, then that would imply a problem with the GPU hardware or drivers.

RidGaming

Since it looks like you're using nvenc, you could try switching to a CPU encoder (x264) and see if it's more stable.
Yeah i thought maybe drivers too, i removed them with DDU and reinstalled the gpu drivers managed to stream for 2hr 50 min just now with no crash so hoping that fixed it

RidGaming

Well turns out this did not fix my issue, I uninstalled the video drivers reinstalled and it seemed to work for a few days but had it crash the same again, switched video encoder over to x264 and tried again today but it crashed again the same way, at this point I am lost on what to try.

Lawrence_SoCal

Has the issue of screen on different refresh rates (and from memory, never an issue for me, so don't recall exact details) when OBS Studio on lower refresh rate monitor vs capture?

Have you tested without audio filters and effects? chroma key not running? and especially browser sources?

rockbottom

Remove it., this shit is beta & for OBS 27

18:46:50.416: [win-capture-audio] Version 2.2.3 (74323e6)

This plugin is in a BETA state, expect issues - https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support and updates.
An updated version of Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later is required.

RidGaming

Has the issue of screen on different refresh rates (and from memory, never an issue for me, so don't recall exact details) when OBS Studio on lower refresh rate monitor vs capture?

Have you tested without audio filters and effects? chroma key not running? and especially browser sources?
sorry what do you mean by the first part? did you mean having the monitor that obs is running on being a lower refresh rate than the monitor im capturing could cause the issue of my whole pc crashing while live?