Spy_Emanciator

Copied from Twitch Extension Developer Forums:

Hello Twitch & Twitch Developers,

I had the idea and I think this an inevitably awesome feature idea to have multiple camera angles set up as separate streams within the same stream. For my example I want to broadcast me playing piano from sheet music with education and follow along tracking in mind. If I have three cameras wouldn’t it be great to have a camera on the sheet music, one on the top down piano, and one showing me from a side or front angle. That way the user could join the stream seeing me playing as the main image, but have the option to fill extra screens, or use full camera resolution streams in windows on the same monitor of different angles, and pick and choose how to view.

I can think of tons of other streamers from IRL or gamers showing close ups of mouse/keyboards that could use this similar to squad streaming but all under one header. I’ll post in the OBS dev forums as well as I’m sure they will have to make some compatibility feature, or you’ll have to be able to run separate instances of obs simultaneously and have the bandwidth to boot. The internet is getting faster and so are computers and I think this would be a great step for twitch to give single streamers multiple screens at max resolution instead of pushing the 4k or higher single screen limits that are currently accepted.

Anyways, is anyone else seeing potential in this? Is there anyone with time to work on this extension and get it integrated with twitch’s presentation and obs’ technical end?

-------

I think this would have to be a joint project between twitch's main developers, extension developers, and you the OBS developers to get this going. I'm sure lots of live bands and multi-person streams would enjoy giving the viewers the option to choose which camera angle to watch, or watch all of them at the same time on multiple displays. Would be a real cool thing to get done and I don't see anyway of this not being developed some way down the road, so lets lead the charge.

-Spy_Emanciator

Tomasz Góral

Hi,
i see some problem with video streams, like synchronization.

But you can send e.g. 4k scene, on scene div for 1/4 and put 1080p elements, players on web site know whitch part of screen show.
If you need 4k output, base scene need 8k resolution.

This is easy to prepare, i can prepare web site player for this.

Spy_Emanciator

Tomasz Góral

Thanks for taking this on. You want to stack the outputs into a split feed to keep synchronization and simply allow the multiplayer on twitch's end to alternate between sections of the feed keeping the time and audio in track. Good thinking.

We will need to get some traction on twitch's end as well to make the adaptation from the player's end feasible. I'm reposting your response on the twitch end so we can find a developer there to work with.

Last edited: