Move

Move 2.12.0

Clawmaster2

Hi all! I been really loving this plugin, and been working on my stream set up for it for my future streams. The one effect I am trying to make happen is I want to make an image go from you can see it, to disappearing fade out. I been toying around the settings and kinda get the effect but not fully when I apply the filter to the image itself with Move Value with the Color Correction Filter. I am pretty stuck atm and wondering if any of you know how to pull this off. Thanks!

FTP

Hi @Exeldro

I didn't got any reply to the question I asked 6 months ago about matching nested scene names and I'm still stuck on the issue. I tried to find the answer many times in this discussion or on the web, but so far all I found is other people having the same issue but no answer/solution.
So I would really appreciate your support as Move Transition is clearly one of the best plug-in for OBS, I really want to use it, but I'm really stuck so far.

My question is: is Move Transition able to match names of sources that are nested scenes and manage the transition in between those 2 nested scenes?

Here is a visual example.
I use OBS 27.2.4/Move Transition 2.5.8 and my setting is the following: Match if the source name "with the last word removed matches the other source name"...
Move-Transition-settings.png

When I switch from 2 scenes that includes a "normal" source (like an image, a camera stream, etc.) it works fine.
In this example I switch from the same camera "fullscreen" to a "resized image" to minimize it at the bottom right corner...
Move-Transition-works-when-normal sources.png

The problem comes when I want to use nested scenes.
I use nested scenes because, for example, I use my "Font camera - Mini" in many scenes: Acrobat, Chrome, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Desktop, Firefox, etc. It's the way for me to inlay the presenter at the bottom right corner of the software windows, do it in a consistent way across all the scenes that includes "Font camera - Mini" and if needed be able to update "Font camera - Mini" only in its own scene and not 10 times, in every scene that uses it.

Now, if I switch from a scene using the "fullscreen" scene (seen above on the left) as source, to another scene using the "mini"mized image scene (seen above on the right) as source, this time it doesn't work!
Normally the source names should match as if we remove the source names last word, "Front camera - " should match "Front camera - "). But it's not the case, Move Transition is not applying any transition to the source (nested scene), OBS is just applying a cut in between the 2 scenes...
Move-Transition-doesnt-work-when-nested-scenes.png

So my question is simple: is Move Transition able to match names of sources that are nested scenes and manage the transition in between those 2 sources (nested scenes)?

If "yes", then what am I doing wrong so that it doesn't work?

If "no", Move Transition can't do it, then what would be your advice to be able to use Move Transition, while avoiding as much as possible duplicating source settings in dozens of scenes?

Thanks for your support!

FTP

Ok I've done some more tests and narrowed down the issue.
In fact:
  • MT does support transitions in between nested scenes
  • and the matching of source names when they are nested scenes also works.
BUT... in some context, the transition is not executed! (and we have a simple "cut")
What I found out is that the transition in between 2 nested scenes works only when the source in the 2 nested scenes has not been transformed!
If one source has been resized/moved, like if in one nested scene the source was kept full-screen and in the other the source was shrinked, then it doesn't work anymore.
It works however if one nested scene is resized in its scene, not if one source is resized in its nested scene. But this case cancel all the benefit from using nested scenes to save duplicating transformation settings in dozens of scenes.

So my question becomes: is this behavior normal, an expected/known limitation or a bug?

P.S.: I'll try to provide soon a more visual example...

FTP

Ok, here is a quick screen recording. We can see 3 scene switches:

- 1st the switch in between 2 scenes that display the same image (Presenter.png), one full-screen (Presenter fullscreen) and the other where the Presenter image has been shrank (Presenter mini).
As we can see, MT works perfectly fine, the transition is executed.

- Then, 2nd switch in between 2 scenes ("Scene using Presenter fullscreen" and "Scene using Presenter mini") that include the 2 nested scenes seen above
This time, MT is not executing the transition in between the 2 images while the 2 nested scenes are the one we saw just above, in between which the transition was working just fine. We have a simple cut instead.

- At last, 3rd switch, where I replaced the second scene ("Scene using Presenter mini") by a duplicate of the first one ("Scene using Presenter mini") where I shrank its nested scene to reproduce the use of "Presenter mini".
And this time, MT worked fine again, the transition was executed.

Move-Transition-nested-scene-issue.gif

Conclusion: transition in between nested scenes works, but not if the content has been resized in the nested scene ("Presenter mini") instead of the scene involved in the switch ("Scene using Presenter mini"). And this is precisely my issue as it cancel all the benefit of the nested scene (in my case). I would need to manually apply to all scenes using "Presenter mini" all its specific settings (image resize, image flip and move filters to move the image left and right) without making any mistake / creating any discrepancy.

Gemfruit

I've got some really weird behavior going on here.

I'm only working with one source, "retroarch", and creating various move transition filters for it. It's been working for awhile now, and doing exactly what I expect. Tonight however, when I press "get transform", it does nothing. I tried creating a new filter, it does nothing. I tried moving the object around, nothing. Oddly enough, the instances that won't work AND the newly created test filters, all have identical values that will not change via "get transform". For whatever reason, the "y" value is set to 1.244, which has no relation to anything going on. I tried defaulting the source, entering random values, nothing works. The OTHER filters that already exist, still work, even if I press "get transform" - they update as expected, as soon as I click on the other filter, or create a new filter, same 1.244 value, stuck, won't change, button does nothing. Furthermore, pressing the eyeball icon to activate it, does nothing - EVEN if manually type or paste values, the broken filters do nothing at all.

Tried a full PC restart, tried updating the plugin (was already latest, but I overwrote), nothing. I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with it, and this functionality is crucial to my project. Any ideas?

move-transition-issue.jpg

Gemfruit

I believe my previous report was incorrect. I looked into things this morning, and the top field that should have been pointing at "retroarch", was pointing to another object that I had marked not visible. This explains why the transform wouldn't move anything, and why it wouldn't change, as what I had selected did not match.

Perhaps adding a simple warning when the object you have selected to "get transform" does not match that of the object in the field would help with this. Additionally, the ability to lock which object the filter is applied to could be useful.

Copain

Hello. Can you confirm that 2 differentssaudio sources cannot apply the same Audio Move Scale effect on the same source/scene.

I have 2 audio tracks (one especially for Spotify and another for everything else) if I apply the same Audio Source filter applied to the Scale parameter on the 2 tracks directed to the same source, it does not work.

Thanks !

CreeChamp

Hello!
I've added the plugin, it shows up in OBS, however it only moves the whole scene, not the individual objects. For example, Facecam is the same source yet it doesn't size it between the big cam scene and the smaller corner cam. I'm not sure where to look for the issue. Thank you!

MorhenWolf

Greetings! I've been trying to create a move transition for my webcam which won't need to be dependent on the webcam position.
What I try to make is a simple hide/show which can be triggered by one singular hotkey.\

I managed to make the "hide webcam" part and to make those alternate between them with only 1 hotkey, but the showing doesn't work, toggle 1 makes it y*0.000 and then in toggle 1 I have it like this which should by my logic make it back to its original state, but I think I am missing something :(

I would appreciate some help, been trying to fix this for a while but with no success.

1650880208940.png

BeoMulf

Hey! I've got a bug I've been dealing with (I think). I have an asset queued on a scene filter delay to move in, and then a second longer filter set up to fly that same filter out after a given amount of time (90s and 98s, respectively). It flies in just fine, but instead of animating out it goes straight to the end position. When I manually trigger these filters, everything works as expected - its only when they are triggered by scene change that I get teleportation.

Any help is appreciated <3

1651347476663.png

1651347497156.png

Skynzor

Move Source filters are broken?

For example, I go to Scene A and add filter: 'Move Source'. I select Source A (in this case Camera). I set Source A to position x 1305 by clicking the Get Transform button. Then move my Source A to position x 440.
If I click start at the bottom of the filter attributes, it moves it between X 1305 and X 440.
This is because I selected 'Reverse' as Next Move option and Next Move On is bound to a Hotkey.

Now everytime when I restart OBS, or reboot my pc it forgets the Move Source locations so it doesn't swap between x1305 and x440 anymore. I am at a total loss and it's really really frustrating to redo everything after each restart/reboot to the point I became super demotivated to stream. Below you can find an image, there aren't a lot of moving sources anymore due to this problem.

OBS x64 is in admin mode.

1651879623973.png

autoharplive

Great plugin! How can I move a source by 10 pixels when pressing a hotkey? It looks like I have to set a start and end position? so how could I dynamically update my start position with my current source position. so then it would always be 10 pixels each time I press a hotkey, or am I going about this all wrong?

Gosse

Love the plugin!
Yet, I can't seem to get it working in Studio mode. I've updated everythinh to the latest version, tried nested scenes, etc. but still the moves only occur in the preview window and not in the program window. Am I missing soemthing?

Grumtastic

Love the plugin!
Yet, I can't seem to get it working in Studio mode. I've updated everythinh to the latest version, tried nested scenes, etc. but still the moves only occur in the preview window and not in the program window. Am I missing soemthing?
How are you activating the moves?
If you are activating them from the Scenes panel, it will only affect the preview screen since that is what the Scenes panel relates to.
You will need to trigger them outside using hotkeys or stream deck (or equivalent)

GrumpyDog

I have explored around and found an issue that is most likely a bug.

When adding 'Audio Move' when selecting 'Scene' it does not list sources inside 'Groups'

This is true, even if you select the 'Group' as a Scene.

1653341617340.png

GrumpyDog

When using 'Audio Move' to set source visibility based on the incoming DB its not clear how 'Threshold' relates with the DB level?

1653342031086.png

Its also not clear how the 'Meter Type' affects settings.

1653341859897.png