Minimizing CPU/GPU workload to stream and record at the same time

Arrrash

Hi There,

I am looking to stream and record at the same time so I can keep the higher quality files, but also not have to double the work load. My understanding is if you mirror your stream and recording settings this is possible.

I have setup mine like this, would someone mind taking a look?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-30 105349.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 105349.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2022-09-30 105327.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 105327.png
    48 KB · Views: 127

Arrrash

Actually, should I be using "use stream encoder)

Testing all different settings I saw the least load on my pc with this. Unsure if I will do 6k bitrate or not.

Attachments

• Fd6n7MSX0AEX-hk.png
    Fd6n7MSX0AEX-hk.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 73

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) with focus on streaming as you want to stream. Apply the settings it suggest. Restasrt OBS. Please do restart OBS. If you didn't do it yet, restart OBS.
Perform a test stream/recording for more than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

koala

You have nvenc, so you can have 2 nvenc encoders with different settings running with no significant additional load. So it's possible to use nvenc with cbr+bitrate for streaming and nvenc with cqp+qp for recording, for much higher recording quality. If you use "(use stream encoder)" for recording, only one encoder is running, and yes, it's the least system impact, but the quality is much less than with different encoder settings using CQP for recording.
The crucial thing is to not use the "rescale output" option in the encoder settings but instead use the same output resolution for both streaming and recording, which is the resolution you define in settings->video.