Mini Padder

Mini Padder 5.4.3

DinirNertan

DinirNertan submitted a new resource:

Mini Padder - A small and clear input display for your gamepads.

Dinput Default Skin and Joystick Default Skin
Assigning buttons for 8Bitdo NES30 Pro

Mild Button Mash
[IMG alt="Single Button...​

Read more about this resource...

DinirNertan

DinirNertan updated Mini Padder with a new update entry:

New Skin for 6-button Pads, and Renderer Improvements

The tool was under the approval queue for a couple weeks, and I was making changes during the downtime. Here's the changelist.

2.2.3:
  • make skins stand out better
  • remove ambiguity on assignment texts
    'Push stick-left to right' isn't a clear text
  • better deadzone decision
  • properly skip looking for dpad change for render when it doesn't exist in the mapping
  • fix Renderer getting undefined as a skin name when a new gamepad is found on a slot previously used...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DinirNertan

Custom Skin Loader

From now on, localhost is not a necessity for using a custom skin. You can load your custom skin directly from the control panel, and share it to other users as a single JSON file after it's loaded.
  • new on-screen custom skin loader
  • accepting data URIs and links as skin source images
  • refresh the skin frame on fadeout option change
  • clarity improvements on the joystick skin
  • skin structure
    • remove `src` properties from `layer`s
    • support static images as layer...

DinirNertan

More Flexible Skin Customization

View attachment 57644 View attachment 57645

This update brings flexibility to skin customization: you can make multiple skins using the same set of spritesheets. To demonstrate this, I merged 4 default skins into 2 folders: gamepad ones and joystick ones are now in their own folders.

I also made two variations on the MegaPad skin to demonstrate it.

Lots of things were going on in the code, but I hope that doesn't affect the use of Mini Padder at all.

Also I...

shado9

this is a great input display. i've made my own custom skins for other input displays before just to not have a big png of a gamepad taking up screenspace, and this uses that screenspace very efficiently right out of the box. having the sticks display below the face buttons like that is a really good idea as well; i might cop that if i ever do any more of the aforementioned
this'd be easier to work with, though, at least at first setup, if the options were accessible by pasting/typing the json right in the "custom css" box in OBS's browser source properties. i misunderstood at first and wondered why my changes weren't applying properly. at least you can save the configuration and it appears to remember your setting properly, as far as i've found

DinirNertan

Colourful Gamepad Skins

Recoloured Gamepad Skins

With the visibility being the priority when making default skins for Mini Padder, I boldly assumed that bright gray as a default colour would cover the demand of the users.

It does its job very well, but there were requests for recoloured default skins, and I finally decided I should make some after I saw...

DinirNertan

Bug Fixes & Disc Dpad Skin Variations

View attachment 61306

There were some problems with the skin list dropdown menu, that I could find my time to try fix. Custom skin names will be now properly updated. Also it turns out some of the default skin names were not updated because I forgot to change them in their skin files. They're also updated, so the whole list should have some consistency on name of the default skins.

I also made some variations on the disc dpad skin. Now it has basic XInput and DInput labelled...

DinirNertan

Joystick Skin Stick Area Adjustment

After making the disc dpad skin, the stick area of the joystick skins started looking too big. The size was decided to minimize overlapping areas between adjacent positions of the stick, in hope to make the moves clear in a tough encoding situation. But I was wondering if it's actually hurting the readability. I tried to decrease the stick area size to that of the disc dpad skin and made a gif from both versions to see the difference...

DinirNertan

Disc Skin Adjustment (3)

I made some adjustments on the button space, because SFC gamepad face buttons are not laid on a 1:1 ratio diamond. I believe this change is pretty subtle beside on the face buttons.

I am finding whatever changes I want to and can make only few hours after making a release these days. It's not like I can keep this frequency of making small changes for a long time, so I didn't really think about it. I should probably set a specific weekday...

DinirNertan

Hide Gamepads

Hide Unwanted Gamepads

There are cases where you want to not show some of the gamepads recognized, namely one of the two pairs coming when you're using a program like DS4Windows. One of them will show nothing, or show macro inputs instead of actual input you make.

If your browser capture comes with a custom CSS option, you can take advantage of it and make a rule to hide...